PDA

View Full Version : Anachronisms

geraslan
04-28-2008, 05:03 AM
The flag of Turkey adopted on May 29, 1936.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/tr/2/24/Buyuk_selcuklu_devleti.gif
This should be the right flag for the game. (Great Seljuq Empire.)

altairego
04-29-2008, 04:53 AM
i think they're trying to make an double headed eagle here -- and assassins do not use bows. they cut people into ribbons with sharp metal objects

caswallawn_2k7
04-29-2008, 04:55 AM
actualy an assassins would use what ever weapon that allowed them to kill the target and get away unseen and that is why modernday assassins tend to use high powerd rifles.

altairego
04-29-2008, 05:00 AM
"whatever" weapon you need to find first. easier if you carry one already.
to return to the flag: does that look like an eagle? i think it's stylised to the point of being indefinite

drego5
04-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashshashin) says:

...They were careful to cultivate their terrifying reputation by slaying their victims in public, often in mosques. Typically, they approached using a disguise. Their weapon of choice being a dagger or a small blade, they rejected poison, bows and other weapons that allowed the attacker to escape.

altairego
04-29-2008, 10:22 AM
yes, as altair says, the mark of a good assassin is that EVERYONE knows he's killed someone.

moqqy
04-29-2008, 10:45 AM
"they rejected poison, bows and other weapons that allowed the attacker to escape. "

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

BS.

altairego
04-29-2008, 04:10 PM
poison would depend on how potent it is and where you add it to: an evening cup of wine that the victim takes every day is a good place. then again, is it a fast working poison or do you space out the dosage for a more "natural" effect.

Headrock
04-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Got the guys at the store to replace my copy, and now I'm in Jerusalem, and here's one big anachronism for you:

The dome of the Dome of the Rock was plated with gold only in the 1950s by Hussein, king of Transjordan, during the period of time when he controlled the city. Prior to this time, the dome was greyish like that of the nearby Al-Aqsa.

I'm going to scout the city out for more anachronisms. From the vantage point I think I can see the Lion's Gate. If that's true, it's another anachronism, as the gate was built in the mid 16th century.

spacefrogs
04-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Well, at a point, not sure where exactly anymore, I heard Altair saying that "....this is the last piece of the puzzle" or something like that. I´m really sure but I doubt they had puzzles as we know them at that time. What you think??

FableB
04-30-2008, 12:05 PM
^ What do you mean?

Bobfish_Almight
04-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Headrock:
Got the guys at the store to replace my copy, and now I'm in Jerusalem, and here's one big anachronism for you:

The dome of the Dome of the Rock was plated with gold only in the 1950s by Hussein, king of Transjordan, during the period of time when he controlled the city. Prior to this time, the dome was greyish like that of the nearby Al-Aqsa.

I'm going to scout the city out for more anachronisms. From the vantage point I think I can see the Lion's Gate. If that's true, it's another anachronism, as the gate was built in the mid 16th century.

You do have to consider that it's all subjective and influenced by Desmonds own perceptions

Headrock
04-30-2008, 03:53 PM
You do have to consider that it's all subjective and influenced by Desmonds own perceptions

In that case, this entire thread is pointless though, isn't it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bobfish_Almight
04-30-2008, 04:20 PM
In that case, this entire thread is pointless though, isn't it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Not in the least. In fact, I think it makes it all the more interesting. See how many unintentional errors have been made that can be retc-onned off as being influenced by Dessie-boys subconscious

thelordbeans
04-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Now I want to go around and shoot people with bows in AC. Damn. Guess I'll have to go play Oblivion to quench my bow and arrow thirst...
Plus I want to go run around and shoot people in GTA 4, but since the pc version is lightyears away, I guess I'll play 3.

Headrock
04-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Bobfish_Almight:

Not in the least. In fact, I think it makes it all the more interesting. See how many unintentional errors have been made that can be retc-onned off as being influenced by Dessie-boys subconscious

Nice perspective. I think his subconscience is having a field day in the holy land, then. Acre looks nothing like the real thing. Haven't had the pleasure to visit Damascus yet though, so I'll have to abstain from commenting on it for now :P

Bobfish_Almight
05-01-2008, 02:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bobfish_Almight:

Nice perspective. I think his subconscience is having a field day in the holy land, then. Acre looks nothing like the real thing. Haven't had the pleasure to visit Damascus yet though, so I'll have to abstain from commenting on it for now :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

altairego
05-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by spacefrogs:
Well, at a point, not sure where exactly anymore, I heard Altair saying that "....this is the last piece of the puzzle" or something like that. I´m really sure but I doubt they had puzzles as we know them at that time. What you think??

they had different piece puzzles then -- not necessarily the jigsaw kind we know (and love) today