PDA

View Full Version : Hello all .

corairs
09-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Hello all im new here i just got Driver-Parallel Lines great gane where can i find ad-on's and mod's ?

InsaneDriver06
09-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by corairs:
Hello all im new here i just got Driver-Parallel Lines great gane where can i find ad-on's and mod's ?

For PC? Mods, I think Driver Madness has a few mods for the game, but can't be sure.

Welcome to the forum.

Assaultmachine1
09-28-2007, 08:08 PM
I'll answer this. Drivermadness has currently been working on a mod that modifies the handling of the cars in the game, but it's only the first version, so it will be long before the mod is a good one. As for any other mods by him, no, this is first mod. I've been on drivermadness, the website of his, seeing that it's the only mod by him. Any other mods that I've seen, of which weren't by him and were for DPL was the Wendy's mod, which turns a certain restaurant into a Wendy's one, but it's just a slight change in the textures, so it's not a very big mod, nor would I recommend you to download it.

If you want the link to the topic where Drivermadness allows you to download his handling mod, it's right here. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2381087925/m/2381009295)

JacksonL2007
09-29-2007, 09:20 AM
It would be good if on the consoles versions u could get the mods to work on them, butthat would need to be on the next driver as driver is not right no on a platform with internet

driver_madness
10-01-2007, 03:58 AM
Yeah, I've been working hard exploring Driver: Parallel Lines for things to change, and there really isn't all that much there.

Everything you can change is very well documented here (http://drivermadness.net/main/viewtopic.php?t=404).

To keep things quick and simple you can easily edit FMV's, Textures and the Handling.

Driver: Parallel lines isn't the easiest game to mod but I can ensure you I'm working on it along with another user JAY who has been focusing more on texture modifications.

Yet everything JAY has been working on isn't anything all that big. Currently in it's planning stage I'm thinking about making a modification which edits all the default textures for all the cars in the game. So you can keep an eye out for that sometime in the future.

I'm going to make my mods for the game easy to install so you'll never have to worry about installing modifications especially texture modification where you'll have to open up atexture ripper and compile each texture individually back into it's original achieve.

It's a big process, but I'm working on making things simple.

So watch out for some more topics related to modifying the game on these forums as I'll be posting any new modding breakthroughs.

Alternatively you can keep you eye here (http://drivermadness.net/main/viewforum.php?f=93) on the driver madness forums where you'll get the updates quickest.

and I'll be working on the Handling Mod some more and improving it's handling as everything is all over the place but it's worth a download.

Soon I'll be releasing a documentation demonstrating how you can modify the handling yourself.