PDA

View Full Version : Seafire feels like a paper plane now.

ManicGibber
07-06-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm very disappointed in the handling of the Seafire, it doesn't feel like it has any mass. It handles like it is a paper plane, flip flopping all over the place with no solid feel to it. Very similar feel for the FM-2 as well, it is very hard to keep it under control while making evasive manouvres, it lacks a solid feel to it. The P47 and the p40 however seem to have a more solid response to joystick inputs. I haven't flown any other planes so hopefully they handle more like the P47 or P40. What are your impressions. Should the Seafire and FM-2 handle like I described above, assuming that I'm describing it correctly?

JFC_Slumped
07-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Well the P-40 and especially the P-47 were heavyer than the Spit.
The early spits of which the Seafire is derived from (MK. V airframe) were amongst the lightest fighters of the time

VW-IceFire
07-06-2005, 09:42 PM
I haven't noticed such a feel. The Spitfires in general now feel much better to me. They have a bit of weight behind their manuevers and when you toss it into a turn it really goes like it was meant to turn.

It sounds more like the fighter I've read about than ever before. One step closer to the real thing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So I can't agree. But to each is own.

HellToupee
07-07-2005, 07:29 PM
spitfires wernt that light usually more heavy than comtempory 109s loaded.

VW-IceFire
07-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by HellToupee:
But they were very sensitive to pilots who flew them and those large eliptical wings had less loading on them than the smaller wings of the 109.

Pilots often said that they were a part of their Spitfire and that they just had to think of a turn and the plane would do it. The 4.01 Spitfire feels more like this aircraft than the 3.04 one which seemed quite happy just straight and level.

ManicGibber
07-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HellToupee:
But they were very sensitive to pilots who flew them and those large eliptical wings had less loading on them than the smaller wings of the 109.

Pilots often said that they were a part of their Spitfire and that they just had to think of a turn and the plane would do it. The 4.01 Spitfire feels more like this aircraft than the 3.04 one which seemed quite happy just straight and level. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm,,, very interesting, I'll have to visit it some more attention. I just don't like the way it handles, my own personal gripe though and maybe I'll begin to enjoy it after awhile.