PDA

View Full Version : Pitch and roll problems with PF

agarofa
01-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Hi and Happy New Year to all.

I'm having all sorts of problems with Pacific Fighters corrupting the pich and roll inputs to the player aircraft during game play. I had never had these problems with Forgotten Battles and they have not been resolved by any of the patches that have been released so far. I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing similar difficulties and if there is a way to resolve the problem. The planes fly normally on autopilot even when the settings for the player aircraft become corrupted. The only way I can restore the default pitch and roll settings is to exit the game and reboot my computer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

402Cdn.Valkyrie
01-08-2005, 03:40 AM
What do you mean they are currupted? You have to give a little more info that just saying that they are corrupted.

And what happend when they get corrupted?

agarofa
01-13-2005, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the reply. By 'corrupted' I mean that I loose sensitivity to positive x-axis (right-turn) and positive y-axis (lift) inputs from the joystick. The settings are fine when I start the game but then the problem manifests itself during gameplay and the only thing I can do is to reboot my machine. My joystick is a Logitech Attack 3 and I have no problems using it for LOCK-ON or the original Il2-Sturmovik. I've downloaded the latest driver for the joystick and I've also unistalled FB/AEP/PF and reinstalled it without any effect. Roll, pitch and yaw inputs from the keyboard are not affected during gameplay so it seems to be either a joystick or a Pacific Fighters based problem. If anybody has any suggestions I would be most grateful to hear from them. Perhaps I should just buy a new joystick and see if that resolves the proble<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Good judgement is the result of experience. Experience is the result of bad judgement.m?

marcocomparato
01-14-2005, 12:22 AM
youre looking in the wrong place. call Logitech about replacing your stick or meddle with its drivers.

Tiger27
01-14-2005, 02:32 AM
Yeh sure sounds like your pots are stuffed, new stick may well be the easiest way, but if your adventurous you should be able to replace them yourself, of course if it is still under warranty then send the stick back for a replacement

wintergoose
01-14-2005, 03:07 AM
I sometimes have the same problems as you with the control of the plans.
It is not often but in some misssions it happens. It happens in the same missions.
I somehow dont have the same controll of the plans, I can controll them, but but the plains
reackt much quicker.
I is not a stick problem. I think it more is a coputer problem. To slow CPU maybe becase it always happens with manny plains in the ear.

RWetterholt
01-14-2005, 04:18 AM
I have had the same problem. I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and I know exactly what you are talking about. I will be flying along and then all of a sudden the right roll goes out the window. To get any sort of roll at all I have to jam the stick over and too much more of that and I will surely break something in the stick. Also...instead of totally rebooting your system...unplug the deivce when in windows and plug it back in. It should work again. It does on mine. I went to the Logitech website and looked for some drivers but I could not find any. Alss that was there was the software and some clearing program for any profiles u may have stored. How did I resolve the problem?

Pulled out my handy dandy VISA card and found the cheapest Saitek X-45 I could get my hands on. I got mine for like 55 dollars just slightly used. So now we will really see if this is a system bug or a joystick bug.

Adios.

VW-IceFire
01-14-2005, 07:25 AM
I've had that problem before...but its not PF. I've had that issue for years. I've got a MS Precision Pro 2 and what sometimes seems to happen is that the stick and the USB port connection seem to stop talking properly.

So you go and look at the joystick profile and its only responding in one direction on each axis. Very strange. I just unplug and then re plug in the USB and away we go again. Game has to be restarted too. I've noticed this on Wing Commander games, FreeSpace, Il2 Demo, FB, and Pacific Fighters (can't think of any other joystick games that I have). Its not this game...but it may be that the problems are manifesting themselves now where as in they weren't before.

Also, Logitech was never known for making a good joystick. Generally my Precision 2 is better liked but even its not superb...if you want to solve the problem (to me its minor, happens every couple of months) then probably a new stick or driver tweaking is in order.

horseback
01-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Plug/replug fixes may be an indication of tarnish buildup on your USB plug or jack contacts. Silver and copper contacts, or alloys containing them are very susceptable to oxidation, even when they are touching each other and making good electrical contact (for now). This is why gold (which doesn't tarnish)contacts are so desireable.

Try putting some rubbing alcohol on a Qtip and rubbing it across the inside of your USB plug/jack. You may need to pull the cotton out a bit so that it will be able to reach the contacts, but you want to get the dark stuff off the contacts and onto the Qtip.

It's cheap & easy, won't damage your USB plug or jack (unless you are incredibly ham-handed or leave the computer powered on), and has a good chance of improving your situation.

cheers

horseback

agarofa
01-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Thanks to all for your replies. I think I've finally found the solution to my pitch and roll problems. I threw the Logitech stick in the dustbin and replaced it with a CH Fighterstick USB. Now PF feels like a completely different game altogether!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>There are old pilots and bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots.

jcislo
01-20-2005, 09:51 PM
I had near hopeless problems with PF pitch and
roll. After ruling out Joystick, game CD, USB
ports as the cause, turns out the Java VM was
not enabled.

martian04
10-22-2005, 08:23 AM
How do you find out if java VM is enabled since installing PF and patches the game play is a nightmare my microsoft stick does not respond properly so i get slaughtered in online play..[well more than usual http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif]