PDA

View Full Version : Is playing with a very big screen/monitor easier? Please write your comments -nt



XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 11:08 AM
nt = No Text

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 11:08 AM
nt = No Text

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 12:01 PM
Definitely everything being bigger and at higher resolution allows one to see more, and more easily spot enemy aircraft.

Although I'm flying on a 15" LCD that maxes out at 1100x800 or something around in there.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 12:11 PM
Of course it's easier.

I went from 17" to 21" and it's like fullscreen zoom view.

Once you get a bigger monitor you'll never go back, and can't believe how you ever manged otherwise.

It's the single most important upgrade you can ever do to your computer system.

"The Force is strong with this one." -What an ace said of RayBanJockey during a fight when he was still a newbie.
<a href=http://www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612109283>news update</a>

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 12:38 PM
RayBanJockey wrote:
-
- It's the single most important upgrade you can ever
- do to your computer system.
-
I agree. I have a 19", and love it. Plus, while monitors may be expensive initially, you don't need to upgrade them *nearly* as quickly as everything else, so the investment over time for a monitor is actually quite low.

Go for a nice big 19" or 21" Viewsonic. You won't be sorry.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 03:30 PM
Yep - got a OEM Sony Trinitron 19" after playing on a 15" lcd. A huge difference. Like sitting in the middle of the theater and not the back row.

You can get reconditioned 19" CRT on e-bay and elsewhere for much less than new (around $300). The Sony Trinitrons are very good quality and last a long, long time.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 03:34 PM
23" monitor and 1600 res definatly a hugh advantage over someone playing on 1042x768. You just need a video card and cpu that can handle it


http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 11:17 PM
At the College where I teach They've just installed a PC with screen projector in my classroom, giving a display about 8 feet across.

I have a nasty feeling my hand might slip and accidentally install FB on that mother...

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 03:16 AM
I've got FB running on my new projector - it's like a 100" (diagonal) screen monitor on my wall - I haven't played online yet (would get massacred anyway, 'cause I'm still finding myself just looking at the scenery/eyecandy) but it is SOOOOOO COOOOOOL. A huge improvement over my 21" monitor (which was a huge improvement over my 17" and 19" monitors).

Don't let 'em tell you size doesn't matter - bigger is definitely better!!



Wir sind die schwarzen Husaren der Luft,
Die Stukas, die Stukas, die Stukas.

... "Stuka-Lied"

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 03:24 AM
Yeah- the bigger the better. I went from a 15" to a 19"flat screen ViweSonic. The difference is like night and day. I have hooked up FB to my house's 36" Hi-Def TV and it is unreal! Larger Monitor justs feel more real.

"Yellow-nosed b@st@rds, 6 o'clock high, coming down now!"

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 03:33 AM
panthercules wrote:
- I've got FB running on my new projector - it's like
- a 100" (diagonal) screen monitor on my wall - I
- haven't played online yet (would get massacred
- anyway, 'cause I'm still finding myself just looking
- at the scenery/eyecandy) but it is SOOOOOO COOOOOOL.
- A huge improvement over my 21" monitor (which was a
- huge improvement over my 17" and 19" monitors).
-
-
- Don't let 'em tell you size doesn't matter - bigger
- is definitely better!!
-
-
-
-



I don't know if my little heart could take it!

http://www.uploadit.org/files/010903-nedChristie.jpg

Tsalagi Asgaya Equa!

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 02:53 PM
Try this baby, I got a Barco Data 500 CRT projector on a 6X8 screen in my basement, pays to work for an audio visual company. They throw stuff out every year due to tax writeoffs and not being able to sell it, I'm in the process of building a cockpit in my basement and using the screen. Will post my progress as I go along.

<center>http://www.skalman.nu/worldwar2/bilder/su-airforce.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 03:01 PM
I think I'll run it through a plasma screen. Get a cordless flight stick along with a cordless keyboard & mouse. Build a small table top that will hook over the arms of my Berkline recliner. Kick back with the heat & massage on my recliner. And play in style. Lol I wonder, is it possible? Lol S!

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 06:59 PM
psychopetey wrote:
-I'm in the process of building a cockpit in my
- basement and using the screen. Will post my progress
- as I go along.

Cool - pictures, please! I use this sort of stuff to terrorise my girlfriend - 'be nice to me, woman, or THIS might happen!!!!"

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 07:03 PM
Dittos to all the above. Even going from 19-21 is a quantum leap in size, or so it seems.

I cant wait for my current one to die is then I am going whole hog.

FALCON NW MACH V,AMD ATHLON XP 2000+, ASUS A7V266-E-0,1 gig DDR PC2100, IBM 60GXP, GF4 4400, SONY 21" G520, CREATIVE AUDIGY, TMCOUGAR, WINDOWS XP, DX 9.0

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 07:22 PM
JV44Rall wrote:
- Yep - got a OEM Sony Trinitron 19" after playing on
- a 15" lcd. A huge difference. Like sitting in the
- middle of the theater and not the back row.
-
- You can get reconditioned 19" CRT on e-bay and
- elsewhere for much less than new (around $300). The
- Sony Trinitrons are very good quality and last a
- long, long time.
-
-

As to the trinitron quality. 1 year ago I bought a Sony HMD-A400 19". for $100 at CompUSA redtag sale. It was a floor model and had 2 faint lines burned in the screen from displaying DVD movies all day.

The salesman was good enough to put in a game so I could check to see if they showed. Their only visable on a white background. Still works flawlessly.

Go big man, you won't be sorry.

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 07:31 PM
I have a 19" a 17" and a LCD 15" and I still use the LCD.

No doubt the bigger monitor is better but if you stare at a monitor as much as I do the LCD isn't anywhere near as bad or hard on your eye's.

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 07:36 PM
J.D.Carter wrote:
- As to the trinitron quality. 1 year ago I bought a
- Sony HMD-A400 19". for $100 at CompUSA redtag sale.
- It was a floor model and had 2 faint lines burned in
- the screen from displaying DVD movies all day.
-
-
- The salesman was good enough to put in a game so I
- could check to see if they showed. Their only
- visable on a white background. Still works
- flawlessly.


Those are on every trinitron monitor. They hold the filaments in place or something. Not a defect, it is part of the design.



"The Force is strong with this one." -What an ace said of RayBanJockey during a fight when he was still a newbie.
<a href=http://www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612109283>news update</a>

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 07:46 PM
Your s------g me! I got a $300.00 discount because some teenager was even more iggnorant than me?? ROTFLMAO!!!

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 07:48 PM
mikeyg007 wrote:
-
- psychopetey wrote:
--I'm in the process of building a cockpit in my
-- basement and using the screen. Will post my progress
-- as I go along.
-
- Cool - pictures, please! I use this sort of stuff
- to terrorise my girlfriend - 'be nice to me, woman,
- or THIS might happen!!!!"
-

I understand that, Mikey. Now I live with my oldie aunties. If those beloved parrot-like sweet witches would see that in their basement, they would hurry and ask a priest to exorcize the place! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

- Dux Corvan -



http://www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612322300

</span></blockquote></font></td></tr>