PDA

View Full Version : [spoilers]Fatherly Flashback Video

Wookie_89
02-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Don't know if this has been posted but here you go.
Fatherly Flashback (http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/27939)

J Saint777
02-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Sorry. Beat you to it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Yoyus
02-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Wookie_89:
Don't know if this has been posted but here you go.
Fatherly Flashback (http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/27939)

Nice find.
good to see Sarah's childhood.

I want a full script of this scene.

It's a very significant conversation between Sam and Sarah.
but Im not good at listening English.
In particular, the pronunciation of Micheal Ironside is hard to understand.
please somebody help me?

Stealthgamer001
02-11-2010, 10:25 PM
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Sam</span>- When it's light, you can't see into a place that's dark, but when it's dark, you can see what's around you much better.

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Sarah</span>- Really?

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Sam</span>- Really. So if there's monsters or bad people around, you can see them. And if you're in the dark, they can't see you.

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Sarah</span>- I can't see you either. Can you please turn the light back on?

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Sam</span>- Okay, then how about this: there's one really cool thing I didn't show you yet.

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Sarah</span>- There is? Show me!

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Sam</span>- Okay. Here it is. When you're in the dark and your eyes get used to it, you can see all sorts of things around you really well, and then you can do stuff with them.

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Sarah</span>- Like what?

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Sam</span>- Take a look at your mobile. You can see it really well, right? If there were monsters standing
underneath it, because I can see it, maybe I can make it fall on them and go away.

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Sarah</span>- It would fall on their heads and they wouldn't be bad anymore?

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Sam</span>- That's my girl.

Yoyus
02-11-2010, 10:33 PM
@Stealthgamer001

Thank you very, very much !!!

Goldeneye_006
02-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Nice lines, but are those lines an excuse to get rid of the Night Vision googles? if thats so then why the point of using them in previous games since now, sam can see very good in the dark by his own http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

S.V.
02-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Stealthgamer001:
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Sam</span>- When it's light, you can't see into a place that's dark, but when it's dark, you can see what's around you much better.

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Sam</span>- Really. So if there's monsters or bad people around, you can see them. And if you're in the dark, they can't see you.

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Sarah</span>- I can't see you either. Can you please turn the light back on?

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Sam</span>- Okay, then how about this: there's one really cool thing I didn't show you yet.

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Sam</span>- Okay. Here it is. When you're in the dark and your eyes get used to it, you can see all sorts of things around you really well, and then you can do stuff with them.

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Sam</span>- Take a look at your mobile. You can see it really well, right? If there were monsters standing
underneath it, because I can see it, maybe I can make it fall on them and go away.

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Sarah</span>- It would fall on their heads and they wouldn't be bad anymore?

Great script, really.

Joshua Morrison
02-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Are you guys kidding me this looks more like a making fun of Splinter Cell video than anything else. Ubisoft this is ridiculous you're making a mockery of Splinter Cell

SORENSOE
02-11-2010, 11:31 PM
not too fond of the last 3 lines. not very good dialogue for professional writers.
seems to just be thrown in the during the tutorial just to say "hey, you can shoot a big light onto the bad guy's head."

check me out.

S.V.
02-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by JoshuaMorrison:
Are you guys kidding me this looks more like a making fun of Splinter Cell video than anything else. Ubisoft this is ridiculous you're making a mockery of Splinter Cell

IMHO, don't forget.

SA Snake
02-12-2010, 04:04 AM

In what way does it look like a mockery? or is this just some more reason to get ur hate across for the game? Im sure a trained soldier like Sam would have just sat back in some shadows when this was happening right?

srdjan_ribar
02-12-2010, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Goldeneye_006:
Nice lines, but are those lines an excuse to get rid of the Night Vision googles? if thats so then why the point of using them in previous games since now, sam can see very good in the dark by his own http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
Funny, in his past he tells how he can see whitout lights...then there comes SC 1,2,3 and 4, where he uses NVG, and in conviction he can see in dark whitout NVG...again...cool

RaulO4
02-12-2010, 04:39 AM
great writing for Sam talking to his daughter

teaching his ways to his child lol

i like that part.

IIxXWRATHXxII
02-12-2010, 06:43 AM
cool stuff

Jamsedreng22
02-12-2010, 07:32 AM
Nice training http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Looks like we will be playing flashbacks after all.

Joshua Morrison
02-12-2010, 07:43 AM
The dialog sounds like it was written by a high schooler. No one talks like that and it's just a giant push saying NV is dumb... Sam sounds like he is in a video game. The birds are glowing as if you could shoot them down.... this game is aimed at ******s.

Then the whole house intrusion what it this 7 action movies crammed in to one. They played a little Max Pain and were like we don't have a home invasion whats wrong with us. PS I like Max Pain but I loved Splinter Cell.

J Saint777
02-12-2010, 08:07 AM
The dialog sounds like it was written by a high schooler. No one talks like that and it's just a giant push saying NV is dumb... Sam sounds like he is in a video game. The birds are glowing as if you could shoot them down.... this game is aimed at ******s.

Then the whole house intrusion what it this 7 action movies crammed in to one. They played a little Max Pain and were like we don't have a home invasion whats wrong with us. PS I like Max Pain but I loved Splinter Cell.

No. It sounds like a father talking to his 4 year old daughter. That's how parents talk. Well, I'd assume not about metaphorical tango slaughtering, but Sam's special.

SA Snake
02-12-2010, 08:18 AM

You mean like Lamberts line in CT "this aint no videogame Fisher" when it was a joke about previous Splinter Cell games?. Thing is..Sam is in a game, and even like in CT, they can make jokes that just show it. Also this scene happens during the tutorial, and it works in a way to tell the player about the dark screen and the glowing objects such as things that can be shot on the ceiling aswell as showing M&E. People seem to act like Splinter Cell is a real life thing. Hell even Max Payne had a line in it where he felt like he was in a videogame. Then the novel style cutscenes changed from art work to ingame looks. I used to study art and media, and I believe these lines are written well, not great or anything, but definetly not "high schooler", and the camera work is used effectively. So as far as it being an excuse to say NV isnt needed, it could be, but its mainly used to tell the player how the dark screen works. Altho I feel Micheal Ironsides voice feels abit odd looking at a young Sam.

I know your just gonna go ahead and show your dislike for this game some more though, cause thats what you tend to do in all your posts, it dosent have the same stealth or anything as previous SC, but for some reason to you, that means that the writing and everything else about it is poop too. The writing of previous SC, wasent really all that great.

Joshua Morrison
02-12-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm sorry I don't think the whole game is trash I'm just stating that this is a little over the top for a tutorial... look at it from my side do you really need to be told you can see in the dark? Does there really need to be a home invasion? Wouldn't Sam had quit his job if it endangered Sara so much? If not then why is he so mad when the inevitable happens and then runs around killing everyone? This video is way over the top as far as ridiculous goes. It's really laughable I watched it and the whole time I was thinking is this a joke.

Is there no one else who agrees with me?

JAHman28
02-12-2010, 08:57 AM
No.

Rea1SamF1sher
02-12-2010, 08:58 AM
I don't like the M&E Part, I don't know it doesn't fit there, IMO. But it is a good idea because it doesn't want say you that you can hide in th shadows, I think it is more there to show how Sam was as a father.

Mr.E.Bear
02-12-2010, 09:23 AM
I can't wait for the flash back where Sam explains M&E, or LKP.

You see those monsters Sarah? When they can't see you a friendly ghost appears that tells you exactly where they think you are!

But Daddy, that doesn't make any sense!

All in all, hamfisted script by all means, very, very cheesy, but I like that it builds the attachment factor for Sarah, kinda drums home exactly what Sam lost.

Desperately fearing that Ubisoft will break Canon and have Sam's wife killed in the home invasion, due to what may have been a slip by Ironside in a recent interview.

savior2006
02-12-2010, 09:49 AM
The dialogue seemed okay to me and I think this game is ****.
It's not like Stephen King made the script, Josh. I'm not sure what you were expecting on this level.
As far as the job goes, Sam probably did it (like all other veterans) for the sake of his daughter. To quit would be to put her in far greater danger, especially considering all the bad guys Sam has put away in the previous games.

@Bear. LOL man.

Joshua Morrison
02-12-2010, 12:54 PM
all right I guess its just me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

sammyboy1981
02-12-2010, 01:06 PM
I agree with you Josh. The whole story is getting way to "personal"...and the aggressiveness of Sam seems unlikely. I recognize this is just a "tutorial", and that you gotta teach the player M&E eventually, but why kill three people who broke into your home, when flipping the lights on and off a couple of times would have sufficed!

Also, the PROTECT YOUR FAMILY projection is hilarious! Though I would have preferred if it said HANDLE YO BIZNIS!

RaulO4
02-12-2010, 01:46 PM
i think the father part was well done

and yes if there 3 guys with guns....i will kill them even more if i had a child.

really no need to hate that part it was good.

newhenpal
02-12-2010, 02:36 PM
So he's basically telling his kid that she can squish "monsters" by dropping the mobile above her...? I get that they want to foreshadow his abilities (chandeliers) in the game with those lines, but could they have found a better way to do it?

And it looks like my worst fears have come true: they're doing some retconning. I just hope they don't "Conviction-ize" his time while working under Lambert.

Versus-Mroj
02-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Both videos (Phone call with Grim and flashback with little Sarah) including whole preview were deleted from 1UP... Strange...

peyton18allday
02-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Stealthgamer001:

AWESOME bit of dialog. that whole short vid is straight fire. lol. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif CANT WAIT, 4-13-10!!!!

Joshua Morrison
02-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by newhenpal:
So he's basically telling his kid that she can squish "monsters" by dropping the mobile above her...? I get that they want to foreshadow his abilities (chandeliers) in the game with those lines, but could they have found a better way to do it?

And it looks like my worst fears have come true: they're doing some retconning. I just hope they don't "Conviction-ize" his time while working under Lambert.

Yeah the whole foreshadow thing is way to blunt.

BatmanNewsChris
02-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Anyone grab the 1up videos before they were pulled?

SA Snake
02-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Eminemdrdre00:

youtube my online friend

Versus-Mroj
02-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Eminemdrdre00:

SamFisher.cz exclusive:

Malta level: Link (http://www.samfisher.cz/main.php?sc=sc5&menu=analysis/gameplays/gameplay_22.dat&modul=articles)

Flashback: Link (http://www.samfisher.cz/main.php?sc=sc5&menu=analysis/gameplays/gameplay_23.dat&modul=articles)

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

S.V.
02-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Versus-Mroj:
Both videos (Phone call with Grim and flashback with little Sarah) including whole preview were deleted from 1UP... Strange...

It's a conspiracy...

BatmanNewsChris
02-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Versus-Mroj:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eminemdrdre00:

SamFisher.cz exclusive:

Malta level: Link (http://www.samfisher.cz/main.php?sc=sc5&menu=analysis/gameplays/gameplay_22.dat&modul=articles)

Flashback: Link (http://www.samfisher.cz/main.php?sc=sc5&menu=analysis/gameplays/gameplay_23.dat&modul=articles)

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

papstgh
02-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Oh Oh. I think there is a logic error.
Sarah was born in 1985 and in the Flashback she's maybe 4 or 5. So the scene takes place in 1989/1990. But Sam wasn't a Splinter Cell at that time. And he couldn't be at home, because he was in the Gulf War....

RaulO4
02-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by papstgh:
Oh Oh. I think there is a logic error.
Sarah was born in 1985 and in the Flashback she's maybe 4 or 5. So the scene takes place in 1989/1990. But Sam wasn't a Splinter Cell at that time. And he couldn't be at home, because he was in the Gulf War.... really XD lol how do you people see these thing maybe she 6
or he came back fast for a day or 2......-.- yeaaaa no

sk8terchristian
02-13-2010, 01:11 PM
yeah me neither. its not only that its a tutorial but its part of the story. he's having a flashback. and YOU are jus thinkin of it as a tutorial. people wanna see Sam's past because they wanna know more about his life story and this is a great way to show it. even though it IS a tutorial thats obvious to you, it can help other people who don't know they can shoot lights down, and it can tell them why theres a black and white screen. and he IS talking to a kid, so you should know he won't be using big words for a 4 year old. and don't you think it would have been too late for him to quit his job after living as a soldier? life changes completely. Think logic you're just thinking negative for this game. and you're bein selfish cuz not only it would help OTHER people or give you a view of his life (theres obviously gonna be more flashbacks. think aboout it) but it makes the game longer, which is good.

sk8terchristian
02-13-2010, 01:13 PM
oh my comment was for JoshuaMorrison.