PDA

View Full Version : HVARs

M2morris
09-19-2006, 09:13 PM
I have never been able to get anything done with the rocket delay setting; does anyone know if there is a way to get an air-burst with a rocket here?

M2morris
09-19-2006, 09:13 PM
I have never been able to get anything done with the rocket delay setting; does anyone know if there is a way to get an air-burst with a rocket here?

berg417448
09-19-2006, 09:20 PM
I think the HVAR has an impact fuze only. I've gotten air bursts with a few other rockets though. IIRC (it has been a while) the German and Soviet rockets can air burst.

VW-IceFire
09-19-2006, 09:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by berg417448:
I think the HVAR has an impact fuze only. I've gotten air bursts with a few other rockets though. IIRC (it has been a while) the German and Soviet rockets can air burst. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep! HVARs are impact only.

The RS-82's and some of the other Russian rockets will air burst for purposes of hitting bombers.

Freelancer-1
09-20-2006, 06:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

The RS-82's and some of the other Russian rockets will air burst for purposes of hitting bombers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

About how many seconds delay do you think for a 500 meter shot with the RS-82 for an air burst?

M2morris
09-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Thanks all, the reason I asked was a long time ago on MS CFS I was able to take out other planes using timed rockets. It made it way too easy to win a dog fight.