PDA

View Full Version : Converting net cash missions to single player missions

Can_Goose
03-19-2005, 12:25 AM
I was wondering if there was any way you can convert a net cache mission to a single player mission that I could play when off line, or perhaps convert a saved track to a playable mission.eg I played this great race course on line and would like to practise when off line.

HW3
03-19-2005, 12:48 AM
The short answer, no.

Weather_Man
03-19-2005, 08:50 AM
You could do that with the original Il2, but since FB, the net cache missions are encrypted and unusable. Just message the host and see if he'll give you a copy of it. Tracks, not possible.

Stiglr
03-19-2005, 11:27 AM
I just do not see the reason why this idiotic design decision is not reversed. If it was to be to protect "property rights" for scenario designers who want to sell their scenarios, well, I haven't seen a glut of great add-on campaign packs for sale anywhere. The few I've seen have been derided for not being particularly well designed; free campaigns done by our community have been better received. Most of the people who contribute skins, missions, wars, etc. do so without a pay-to-use scheme.

So, what possible motive can there be for encrypting the cache, especially when the usable cache setup was very popular back when?

Oleg: BRING BACK USABLE CACHE FILES.

plumps_
03-19-2005, 01:04 PM
The encryption prevents cheating in online wars. Now you can't just leave the server, open the mission in the FMB and tell your team where to find the targets or where's the enemy AAA.

Stiglr
03-19-2005, 01:26 PM
That's better eliminated by the WARS. All they have to do is set up rules so that a scenario, once downloaded from their server, has to be launched within say, 5 minutes of download (which isn't enough time to go into it, get enough info to cheat on the mission and disseminate it to your side), or it doesn't count.

They already have rules and procedures where you have to REPORT results within x time of actually running the mission, so they could do this too. (Of course, this didn't stop one Bellum War VVS squad from exploiting a knowledge of the core code to be able to find in-flight enemy bombers). So, the be-all and end-all is, if the people who fly in online wars can't be trusted to play fair, they're gonna find ways to cheat. No reason to take a big chunk out of the enjoyment of the sim for the rest of us.

plumps_
03-19-2005, 02:26 PM
No Stiglr, you don't seem to understand how it worked. It can't be eliminated by the wars.

The mission file is available in the netcache folders of all the players as soon as they've entered the room. Now the first player that got shot down could immediately leave the game, open the mission in the FMB and after a few seconds of looking at it tell his team via Teamspeak where the targets are. You didn't even have to wait to be shot down, you could leave the game without that. You didn't even have to leave the game, you could open the file from a different computer in your network before the coop even started, or whatever...