PDA

View Full Version : Full real problem

CyberWings
01-04-2006, 01:05 PM
I´ve been using Il2 Stab to run this game for some time, but The other day I realize that it has a feature to avoid the messages that appears on the screen like: throttle 80%, Machine gun jammed, Enemy aircraft destroyed, etc.
This option in the game is very good for those like me that like full real. It´s much more interesting to find that your machine guns are jammed or that you can´t control your rudder anymore on your own than with a message.
I´ve been trying to fly this way for a couple of days now but I find almost impossible to control the radiator.
How many times did I hit the "R"????? I allways forget.
Is there a way to get only the messages about the position of the radiator or the tail hook? (things that can not be checked with no external views.)
Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Kuna15
01-04-2006, 02:15 PM
I think not; you can't disable specific messages only. If you disable them all will be disabled.
But there is way around this problem; for instance I just flew Ki-61 and in that aircraft you can clearly see your radiator position by looking at the radiator control stick position (to your left in the cockpit). Same goes for flaps. For overheat there is no other warning except red light and you must check temp gauge often. But anyway golden rule is to run engine on no more than 95% most of the time in order to avoid overheat.

Tully__
01-04-2006, 02:38 PM
In some aircraft the relevant items or control levers for them are visible and animated in or from the cockpit. In those aircraft going without those messages is easy. For example, Bf109 radiator opening is at the trailing edge of the wing in most models and is visible from the cockpit.

As stated above, the HUD messages are an all or nothing proposition. You can't get rid of one without losing the lot.