PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on whats most important

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Everyone is looking forward to the new planes coming in the paid add-on. Forgotten Battles is loads of fun and the new planes will be great new experiences. But it got me thinking...

Which planes are more important and should be included in a WW2 flight simulator first and foremost... Workhorses, or "new" designs?

What I mean by this... In the paid add-on, we're getting planes like the P-80 and TA-152. These were excellent aircraft, but both of them saw very limited action.

Now, I have no say in which plane gets modeled, thats up to 1C Maddox and their plane modelers, and I'll take them gleefully... But what I mean to say is...

What kind of planes are more important to everyone? Workhorses that saw extensive combat ( BF110, JU88, Mosquito, Spitfire, PE2, etc ) or hot new designs that only saw VERY limited action ( TA-152, P-80, ME-163 Komet)

Personally, I'd rather see more workhorses, and we'll be getting more soon like the 110 and the Spitfire. This I am glad for.

What do you all think? ~S~

Gunner of the 361st vFG

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Everyone is looking forward to the new planes coming in the paid add-on. Forgotten Battles is loads of fun and the new planes will be great new experiences. But it got me thinking...

Which planes are more important and should be included in a WW2 flight simulator first and foremost... Workhorses, or "new" designs?

What I mean by this... In the paid add-on, we're getting planes like the P-80 and TA-152. These were excellent aircraft, but both of them saw very limited action.

Now, I have no say in which plane gets modeled, thats up to 1C Maddox and their plane modelers, and I'll take them gleefully... But what I mean to say is...

What kind of planes are more important to everyone? Workhorses that saw extensive combat ( BF110, JU88, Mosquito, Spitfire, PE2, etc ) or hot new designs that only saw VERY limited action ( TA-152, P-80, ME-163 Komet)

Personally, I'd rather see more workhorses, and we'll be getting more soon like the 110 and the Spitfire. This I am glad for.

What do you all think? ~S~

Gunner of the 361st vFG

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Typhoon/Tempest, Spitfire (major varients), Lancaster, Mosquito, those are the aircraft that matter to me right now. Having the B-25, the P-51, the P-38, and the P-47 are also important but we've got those coming for sure and the ones on the top of my list are progressing.

Its the workhorses that I'm most concerned with but the exotics are interesting to me as well. The key however is that most of the modeling going on is done 3rd party so they get to choose which WWII era aircraft to model. In this way, I think we've gotten alot of popular aircraft we may not have otherwise.

Despite the fact that the Tempest will not be flyable from the start on the expansion, the fact that we will have at least one Spitfire and aircraft like the P-38 still make me happy. It'll be some good times when that one gets released!

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 03:27 PM
I agree. But don't forget the P-38, B-25, A&B -26, Lancaster and the B-24. It would be great to get more of the AI planes flyable.

Be nice to have more bombers

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid84/pcf14831e07273a1e01a33fb0e5650ffa/face10c7.jpg

Lead Whiner for the P-47D-40, M and N and Hvars

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 03:53 PM
I'd like a flyable Lancaster, the Spifire with the Griffin engine (think it was Mk XIV), and I think it was the B-29 bomber which was called the super fortress

<center>http://www.aqqm31.dsl.pipex.com/Mysticpuma.jpg

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 04:37 PM
I'm looking forward to the spits and I hope they all make it in to the pay addon. I agree, if the 1C crew desides to make plane addons the developers should take the time to make cockpits so they are flyable. A better clouds selection if the gents are working on western front, rain without Tstroms and verying cloud types if possible. Please make a random setting for clouds and ability of the AI pilots. Only things that in my mind could do the game good. However, since I have been flying this sim more often then the other, the Flight Dynamics and flow of the planes by far surpass the compitition as well as the visability of the models in flight.

Warriorbear

Is this right?

Line up:
1 Free patch
2 Pay addon
3 New FB Game
4 BoB

PS The new FB game I hope focuses on the MED what a fantastic line up It would be a long time before the other sim got any playing time except for tourneys I'm commited to. Once they end I dont think I will be goin backhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.