PDA

View Full Version : what am i doing wrong

dsexyboy21
09-23-2005, 11:25 AM
well i am at the end of the first mission on compaighn and i for some reason dock the uboat. whats is the trick with that. do i go head or back first when i pull in to dock. and when i do come to complete stop is there something i have to press or type in order to finish the mission.

thank you for your help

dsexyboy21
09-23-2005, 11:25 AM
well i am at the end of the first mission on compaighn and i for some reason dock the uboat. whats is the trick with that. do i go head or back first when i pull in to dock. and when i do come to complete stop is there something i have to press or type in order to finish the mission.

thank you for your help

froschman
09-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Yes, you have to press ESC to go to the menu where you save games. There you shall choose "End patrol" or something similar. I am running it in german, and it says "Patrouille beenden".

Kaleun1961
09-23-2005, 12:16 PM
You do not have to literally dock the boat. You have to be within a certain number of kilometers; 50 I've read somewhere, and then hit the Esc key and choose dock at: X.

I like to play around sometimes and I back my boat in. I like to ogle the pretty nurses with their flat cyber-faces. Usually I navigate into the harbour area and then end mission from there. If you choose to end your mission far away from your home base, you will not earn the bonus renown for docking at your home base. I think that is worth 100.

U107Wolff
09-23-2005, 05:04 PM
As I recall it was 30 kilometers.

Maj_Solo
09-23-2005, 09:57 PM
i think boats usually go into dock nose first, it is less complicated. when leaving port all you have to do is back out and in the harbo basin turn around very little precision required out there.

coming into port turning around and backing in is more complicated. And leaving port becomes too easy.

But I guess RORO ships might turn around for some reason if they like that.

when you are satisfied with your excellent parking you hit ESC and look in the lower right corner. there is nothing more to the procedure in this game.

Kaleun1961
09-23-2005, 10:34 PM
Somebody must back them in, as when you go to your berth, your sub is pointing out to sea. Either the Kaleun backed it in, or a tug did the work, as somebody else once posted. I have the new harbour mod, and I see some ships parked in tight berths at Wilhelmshaven where there is no way they got in there on their own.

While on vacation I once watched a huge lake freighter [I live by the Great Lakes in Ontario] back into a pier to load up on cement powder. Even with thrusters it used two tugs to get her into the berth. It was fascinating as a landlubber to watch this procedure.

lecek
09-24-2005, 11:56 AM
It is worth noting that certain flotillas and bases have bugs such that if you end the patrol too close to the dock you don't get all the proper credit for you mission.

For example if you start with the 7th and Kiel.

If you don't know if your base is one of them, I suggest saving the patrol before you get too close. Then you can end the patrol and if you don't get a tonnage credit, you can go back and end the patrol farther out.

Usually I wait until the game pauses to load the port. That is close enough to dock and get your 100 renown but far enough to avoid this bug.