PDA

View Full Version : Can't take off from carrier

llandaff
10-25-2004, 07:25 AM
Hi!

I'm playing first mission in USN fighter campaign. Engine started, i hold wheel brakes and wait for all fighters before me to take off. Ok, it's my turn to take off. I release wheel brakes. Nothing happens - my plane stands still. I recall something about "chocks". I go to controls setup, and bind a key for chocks. I press the chocks button - nothing happens. My plane stands still (with engine at 110% power).

Are there any conditions for chocks release? What I do wrong?

Btw, because of this, i switched to USAF campaign. First mission is a load of adrenaline http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif 2 P-40 against 10 zero + bombers. I managed to take down 2 zero and damage third, but was forced to retreat as quickly as I could - with jammed flaps and no ammo.

Second mission - Midway, P-40. Historical question - were there USAF P-40 on Midway?

llandaff
10-25-2004, 07:25 AM
Hi!

I'm playing first mission in USN fighter campaign. Engine started, i hold wheel brakes and wait for all fighters before me to take off. Ok, it's my turn to take off. I release wheel brakes. Nothing happens - my plane stands still. I recall something about "chocks". I go to controls setup, and bind a key for chocks. I press the chocks button - nothing happens. My plane stands still (with engine at 110% power).

Are there any conditions for chocks release? What I do wrong?

Btw, because of this, i switched to USAF campaign. First mission is a load of adrenaline http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif 2 P-40 against 10 zero + bombers. I managed to take down 2 zero and damage third, but was forced to retreat as quickly as I could - with jammed flaps and no ammo.

Second mission - Midway, P-40. Historical question - were there USAF P-40 on Midway?

The_Ant
10-25-2004, 07:29 AM
If you HAVE bound a key to the chocks then your done.It´s simply just as you say engine full trottle and flaps for take off,then hit chock release and off you go!

Rupert1978
10-25-2004, 07:36 AM
Yeah make sure you bound the correct key. Once you hit the button, you will launch forward and soar the firendly skies.