PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft May Want To Read This!

EziosBladeZ
07-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Hello Ubisoft and everyone else who may read this.

I have been doing some thiking about Ezio and his hidden gun..Personally I feel that the gun is extremely out of place. Assassins are about stealth...All his other weapons are silent and one hit kill if not in a huge brawl. The gun A. takes to long to aim up for no reason and B. it also is loud and out of place..And it's useless I never even used it in the game. But I do also have a solution to your problem with the gun. Maybe rather than have a gun..Take the throwing knives and make it into a throwing knife weapon? So rather than a loud gun which doesn't work well. The Silent throwing knife weapon on his wrist is more fitting in my mind.

I would like to put this idea forward to you and I would like a reply.

Everyone else I have a question..How many times did you use the hidden gun?

reini03
07-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by SangueKitten:

Everytime when I want to simply do a combo kill (hold square/X/whatever while wielding a sword). Or when I was out of crossbow bolts... (yeah, I was often too lazy to replenish...) And throwing knives do NOT kill guards in one hit. They did in AC1, but they don't in AC II or Brotherhood.

EziosBladeZ
07-12-2011, 10:36 AM
When I was sneaking up on people it did.

I would still prefer a hidden blade throwing weapon instead of a gun.

And the gun only works in combat along with teh cross bow as long as you have bolts..Did anyone rush to the store every ten minuets to replenish bolts of bullets? I ran out and never got any back because I never needed to go to the shops apart from upgrade armor.

LightRey
07-12-2011, 10:53 AM
but isn't a hidden blade throwing weapon almost exactly the same as the poison darts? Assassin's aren't only about stealth y'know. They're also there to send a message to the public and their enemies. The gun is a symbol of power. It's supposed to strike fear into your enemies, that's why you can scare them off if you aim at them.

FiskMunk
07-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
And throwing knives do NOT kill guards in one hit. They did in AC1, but they don't in AC II or Brotherhood.

Actually, they kill after one hit if you "charge" them by holding down the button a little while - You'll notice that Ezio curls together.

reini03
07-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by FiskMunk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
And throwing knives do NOT kill guards in one hit. They did in AC1, but they don't in AC II or Brotherhood.

Actually, they kill after one hit if you "charge" them by holding down the button a little while - You'll notice that Ezio curls together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ugh... I thought he shoots multiple knives then? Okay I fail.

sassinscreed
07-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by SangueKitten:
Hello Ubisoft and everyone else who may read this.

I have been doing some thiking about Ezio and his hidden gun..Personally I feel that the gun is extremely out of place. Assassins are about stealth...All his other weapons are silent and one hit kill if not in a huge brawl. The gun A. takes to long to aim up for no reason and B. it also is loud and out of place..And it's useless I never even used it in the game. But I do also have a solution to your problem with the gun. Maybe rather than have a gun..Take the throwing knives and make it into a throwing knife weapon? So rather than a loud gun which doesn't work well. The Silent throwing knife weapon on his wrist is more fitting in my mind.

I would like to put this idea forward to you and I would like a reply.

ubisoft already made solution for you: crossbow

FiskMunk
07-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FiskMunk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:

Actually, they kill after one hit if you "charge" them by holding down the button a little while - You'll notice that Ezio curls together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ugh... I thought he shoots multiple knives then? Okay I fail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He does that too, actually - Though not if there aren't several targets.
Why can't just the knives be instant throw + kill? It was so cool in AC I to run, spot an archer and just hurl a knife at them (That Alta´r either picked from his belt, calf or shoulder http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)
Good times.

Calvarok
07-12-2011, 02:34 PM
The gun is for when you're in open conflict or threatening people. This is when Ezio uses it in the game. It doesn't take very long to aim in Brotherhood. It needs to be tweaked in Revelations so it can feel like a more distinct weapon from the crossbow, but it shouldn't be used as a stealth weapon.

LightRey
07-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
The gun is for when you're in open conflict or threatening people. This is when Ezio uses it in the game. It doesn't take very long to aim in Brotherhood. It needs to be tweaked in Revelations so it can feel like a more distinct weapon from the crossbow, but it shouldn't be used as a stealth weapon.
Exactly. I'd really like it if you could use the gun to manipulate crowds etc. Like say, you shoot in the air while standing in a crowd to create a panic, so that in the confusion you can assassinate your target without anybody noticing.