PDA

View Full Version : so AC3 has to be the longest game ever

Saar Ben Kiki
02-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Guys, people say AC is a trilogy, and people say that patrice, the storyline writer confirmed it to be a trilogy...
so basically, AC3 has to a huge and long game! i mean, all 3 games so far were extremely short and easy!
and AC3 has to explain us the whole desmond storyline+ new ancestor area,
There are 72 days remaining for the disaster, so AC3 has to contain at least a great part of it, if not all.
in AC3 we need to understand about all pieces of eden, about the temples, those who came before, lucy's death, new ancestor's relation to desmond, subject sixteen, how shaun and rebecca's story continues.
it's a lot of stuff and its impossible for ubi to come up with it all just in 1 year, remember the whole game is in the past and not 2012.
and i can prove to you that this game will get an ancestor!
this whole AC series is based on the past and if the game would be just 2012 so all the swords daggers and all AC mechanics would be lost..
so AC3 must contain a huge anccestor storyline and big amount of present times storyline...

but games in AC are extremely short, is this even possible to finish the game in just 1 more game? to me it seems impossible or otherwise this game will have at least 2 years under construction and a length of 40 hours of storyline excluding gameplay side missions.

magesupermaster
02-05-2011, 10:12 AM
So what's your point?

All you have said in that post is common(AC) sense.

Also, the console AC2 and AC: Brotherhood pack about 20 hours, I wouldn't call that short.

P.S.
The title: Did you mean that AC3 has to be the longest game ever of all games or that AC3 has to be the longest game ever of the AC series?

MagicalZero ko
02-05-2011, 10:18 AM
I think he means out of the AC series.

Saar Ben Kiki
02-05-2011, 10:18 AM
it msut be the longest
theres so much information missing
how can we cover it all with jsut 1 game of 20hrs?

yyakup
02-05-2011, 10:19 AM
I think the same.It makes me sad to even think that AC series are triology.It is not exact yet.

rileypoole1234
02-05-2011, 11:02 AM
That's the exact thing I was thinking. If AC2 was like 23 or so years as Ezio and it only lasted 1-2 present time days, AC3 must either be really really long, or it's not the last game.

crash3
02-05-2011, 11:40 AM
AC needs to have at least 4 or 5 games for decent closure on the series even if it goes past the year 2012-the series should visit FRANCE ENGLAND GERMANY RUSSIA EGYPT PERSIA INDIA CHINE JAPAN-only visit America in modern times for desmonds story because any major american history just involves guns and no one wants a shooter AC game

DrKain
02-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Brotherhood is short? Uh, I'm currently 29 hours into the game and in Sequence 7. How is that short?

Besides, the shorter a game, the more replay value it has.

k20ml
02-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Patrice Deselet is gone and is no longer part of the AC production team. That means the new AC production team's new management could do whatever they want now. Unfortunately THQ is heading to Canada, specifically Montreal. Patrice took his break from the gaming industry and when he comes back from his vacation, he is joining the THQ team and leaving Ubisoft. That's what I have read so far.

DavisP92
02-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by DrKain:
Brotherhood is short? Uh, I'm currently 29 hours into the game and in Sequence 7. How is that short?

It's not a short game, but its shorter then what i expected since Ubi said that it will be 50+ hours to get 100 synch. But i beat the game with 100 synch. in 24 hours.

Curry MoFo
02-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Because playtesters are really good gamers. No they are usually not that great, and have no guides and no clue where anything is. Thus 50 hours. Imagine trying to do some things without a guide or helpful hint.

muzz92
02-07-2011, 08:52 PM
agreed theres still alot we dont know its been ages since iv played im playing all them again as i type this i remember at the end of acb SPOILER when desmond picked up the apple it made him stab lucy and the woman said something like it is done you will know soon enough. and iv been dying to find out what happens.

Ass4ssin8me
02-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by DrKain:

Yeah thats short. Dont you remember the good ol' days when games were 100+ Hours?

SAVMATIC
02-08-2011, 08:58 AM
true ACB isnt as long as i'd like it to be but im not complaining that much, at least we didnt get shafted like Force Unleashed 2

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Tibby2011
02-09-2011, 07:30 PM
If you finish 100% of the game. Yes, Brotherhood is pretty long. I am way past 30hrs, but I do tend to take an hour here and there and do nothing at all. I'll go workout or something and come back to the game. That way I get more money, because when i play the AC series, I try to buy everything you can and get every treasure, flag and feather.

RzaRecta357
02-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Anyway, this is solved. There will probably more than one more game. They already broke the trilogy rule with ACB when they added series and major plot points to the game.

Im sure the trilogy thing was canned. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be getting another game.

Ass4ssin8me
02-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Lets hope they don't try and Squeeze AC for everything its worth and, in the proccess run it into the ground. When a company starts off with something Golden, they usually get Greedy, and turn it into something rotten.

obliviondoll
02-11-2011, 05:38 AM
After getting Brotherhood home, I spent 36 hours playing it before going to bed.

I hadn't finished it yet, let alone got 100% for everything.

No, it's not as epic and huge and time-consuming as a lot of RPG games, but it's a good-quality story-driven action game.

In the good old days, you were lucky to find those, and when you did they were 10 hours at most.

Don't misquote the good old days when you don't still play the games (I DO still play plenty of old games, for the record)

BradB97
02-12-2011, 12:57 PM
AC3 might not be the next game. There might be AC something and then AC3. Besides, as long as it is popular they'll make more.

Ass4ssin8me
02-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
After getting Brotherhood home, I spent 36 hours playing it before going to bed.

I hadn't finished it yet, let alone got 100% for everything.

No, it's not as epic and huge and time-consuming as a lot of RPG games, but it's a good-quality story-driven action game.

In the good old days, you were lucky to find those, and when you did they were 10 hours at most.

Don't misquote the good old days when you don't still play the games (I DO still play plenty of old games, for the record)

Excuse, me? And how would you know what I do, and do not play? Do you live, in my house? No. So I would re-think what you just said . And, no they were not only 10 hours, most. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

iN3krO
02-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
Excuse, me? And how would you know what I do, and do not play? Do you live, in my house? No. So I would re-think what you just said . And, no they were not only 10 hours, most. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Actually they were... first time just takes years and when u already know how to play etc etc, it's worst than 10 hours...

muzz92
02-13-2011, 12:35 PM
good point mate but i do still play games check out my gamertag VIV MUZZA but i completed ACB in 25 hours

muzz92
02-13-2011, 12:38 PM
i didnt mean to offend anyone mate