PDA

View Full Version : revelations doesnt have puzzles, relises on animus expliration

koivumaki
10-07-2011, 09:41 AM
http://news.softpedia.com/news...oration-226133.shtml (http://news.softpedia.com/news/Assassin-s-Creed-Revelations-Doesn-t-Have-Puzzles-Relies-on-Animus-Exploration-226133.shtml)

Jexx21
10-07-2011, 10:07 AM
we knew about this for a while..

Abeonis
10-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Ollllllllllllllllllld.

TheLeoCrow
10-07-2011, 01:21 PM
it was news to me so thanks to the OP for posting it

rileypoole1234
10-07-2011, 01:44 PM
I liked the puzzles a lot but i'm sure these will tell us more than the puzzles would have.

Moultonborough
10-07-2011, 01:59 PM
It was new to me as well.I thought that a few months ago they said there would be a lot of them in the game though. But I guess with the way the Desmond sequences are there was really no need for it.

Assassin_M
10-07-2011, 02:02 PM
This was good news to me, The Puzzles were Fun, Challenging and Refreshing in both AC II and ACB.
I was worried that In ACR they might "break it" from overuse, its better this way.

twenty_glyphs
10-07-2011, 04:54 PM
I was a little concerned when I heard this, but Gabe did say in the PAX Q&A video that the the glyphs in Revelations would get "nuts" and that we would enjoy them if we enjoyed the puzzles in AC2 and Brotherhood. He said there that they wouldn't be taking the exact same format.

As long as there are still elements of mystery and conspiracy that expand upon the Assassin's Creed world in some sort of puzzle form, I will be happy. I can see the puzzles taking a much more gameplay-centric focus, by challenging Desmond to find his way through crazy mazes that have impossible optical illusions. Whatever it is, I can't wait to experience it for the first time. I still remember the feeling of pulling up the first Truth puzzle in AC2 and how unique it immediately felt.

CRUDFACE
10-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
I was a little concerned when I heard this, but Gabe did say in the PAX Q&A video that the the glyphs in Revelations would get "nuts" and that we would enjoy them if we enjoyed the puzzles in AC2 and Brotherhood. He said there that they wouldn't be taking the exact same format.

As long as there are still elements of mystery and conspiracy that expand upon the Assassin's Creed world in some sort of puzzle form, I will be happy. I can see the puzzles taking a much more gameplay-centric focus, by challenging Desmond to find his way through crazy mazes that have impossible optical illusions. Whatever it is, I can't wait to experience it for the first time. I still remember the feeling of pulling up the first Truth puzzle in AC2 and how unique it immediately felt.

woahwoahwoahwoah...We're going to have glyphs in ACR? Not from Subject 16, right? Lol, from Those who came before?

Edit: anyone notice how he said half remembered dreams and illusion based puzzles? Maybe Desmond was cooler then he thinks, used the animus before and does have some skills afterall.