PDA

View Full Version : New to 1946

lovingallmen
07-19-2007, 04:06 PM
My friends tell me I should be Spitfire Pilot, why?

lovingallmen
07-19-2007, 04:06 PM
My friends tell me I should be Spitfire Pilot, why?

Scorpion.233
07-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Because you shouldn't be allowed to decide for yourself.

Choctaw111
07-19-2007, 04:48 PM
The Spits are really top notch aircraft in this sim when you learn to use them.

VW-IceFire
07-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Fly whatever you like and stick to it. Learn that plane well and then learn something new.

leitmotiv
07-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Fly the Spitfire because it is such a superb, wonderful, sensitive, heavily-armed airplane it will take good care of you, compensate for your errors, and make you look good even when you are a tyro. Avoid the Bf 109 until you have had a lot of practice with it because it will seem psychotic to a green "pilot," and will cause you to crash frequently. Good luck.

3.JG51_BigBear
07-19-2007, 05:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Fly whatever you like and stick to it. Learn that plane well and then learn something new. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably the best adive you are going to get. Although the Spitfire may be more forgiving and dynamic than other a/c in the game if you don't really like the plane you're trying to fly you won't stick with it and you won't develop any sort of skill with the thing.

Low_Flyer_MkVb
07-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Because it's a superbly designed, lovingly engineered and hand-crafted masterpiece of British aeronautical heritage, because it's a joy to fly, because you'll annoy Kurfy no end and because we haven't got a Westland Whirlwind. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Welcome aboard.

Polyperhon
07-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Because is the most sweet handling plane of WW II. Possibly not the best to fight, but surely one of the best to fly.Simple, forgiving and predictable.Other good planes for a novice are P-40s and most Yaks.But at the end what Ice Fire adviced you is the best possible advice.If you like the Bf 109,don't listen to leivmotiv.I learned the sim in a Bf 109 (in reality I learned to fly in a Bf 109, since I hadn't even started pilot lessons back then)and I was used to liberties that when I tried other new -then- additions, like the P-51 for example,I was taken by surprise.
Another thing, don't be hooked too much with online playing.The feeling that you might get shot by other people will make you less daring to try new things, that you 'll dare to try offline! (nobody will know http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ) And of course online is almost always short range, low-alt close dogfight.A very specific type of fight.

Akronnick
07-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Welcome to the Asylum!

AVG_WarHawk
07-19-2007, 08:32 PM
The Macchi 205 eats Spitfires for breakfast, but indeed start with the Spit. Of course the P-40 will eat macchi's...., it's a vicious circlehttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

BTW, welcome to the padded room http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

na85
07-19-2007, 08:33 PM
I learned to fly in the A6M zero: It might be weakly armored, but it's slow.

heywooood
07-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Mustang won teh war

WOLFPLAYER2007
07-20-2007, 12:08 AM
I learned to fly in the Fw190, a very fast, heavy armored plane and multifuncional, i never really liked the bf109..

other planes that are good to learn is the Corsair and the p47.

SeaFireLIV
07-20-2007, 12:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lovingallmen:
My friends tell me I should be Spitfire Pilot, why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate dumb questions like this. I mean it`s either a lazy person or someone taking the Mickey. What info do we have to go on- nothing. Are you going to ask us if you should go to the toilet when you feel the urge coming on too? And do you always come to us over your friend`s advice who obviously know you better then we?

Polyperhon
07-20-2007, 02:13 AM
You have a point here Seafire...

Friendly_flyer
07-20-2007, 02:25 AM
Actually, I'd start off with the IL2. It's a great plane!

msalama
07-20-2007, 03:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Actually, I'd start off with the IL2. It's a great plane! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's my advice as well. A very benign plane and built like a tank too. Yah, das betonflugzeug http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Von_Rat
07-20-2007, 04:26 AM
if you dont want to pickup alot of bad habits, stay away from the spits and learn on a fw190 or a p47.

Von_Rat
07-20-2007, 04:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Are you going to ask us if you should go to the toilet when you feel the urge coming on too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

jeezzzz there's one in every crowd.

he's new, get it. he's allowed to ask stupid, to you anyway, questions.

rnzoli
07-20-2007, 06:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lovingallmen:

I hate dumb questions like this. I mean it`s either a lazy person or someone taking the Mickey. What info do we have to go on- nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing? Is everyone blind?
Nick = "lovingallmen" = ghay

Let's vote:
- it's LStarosta bored
- it's Megile bored and drunk
- it's a known Luft-whiner who got shot down last night by Spitfires - again.

FlatSpinMan
07-20-2007, 06:24 AM
I got $20 virtual bucks on Luke.

Xiolablu3
07-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Spitfire is a nice and forgiving plane, easy to fly for beginners.

Because of its novice-friendly characteristics, it gives a new pilot a plane which can compete.

Its not the best combat aeroplane in the sim, but its certainly one of the best for a new pilot.

VW-IceFire
07-20-2007, 05:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:

I hate dumb questions like this. I mean it`s either a lazy person or someone taking the Mickey. What info do we have to go on- nothing. Are you going to ask us if you should go to the toilet when you feel the urge coming on too? And do you always come to us over your friend`s advice who obviously know you better then we? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He's probably trolling...but I wasn't sure so I fed the troll and we'll see if he really is or not and if not hopefully I was suitably helpful.

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-20-2007, 05:20 PM
I would start off with the BF-109 F4 personally. I feel its one of most forgiving and easy to fly aircrafts in the game.

S!