PDA

View Full Version : Heartburn with wingmen

ROTC4612
01-26-2005, 12:11 AM
Hey all,
well i was just flying a simple mission (ground attack) my flight was approaching the target and I told my guys to attack flak. What really irritates me is that when you tell them to attack a ground target they immideatly drop there bombs when they are no where close to the target. Is anyone else having this problem?

But hey even with this I still say this is the best sim out there.

Seahawk89
01-26-2005, 12:37 AM
Happens all the time when they are carrying bombs. Works well with rockets. I'll try and describe the best way to deal with it. Say that you are on a bombing mission with your third way point as a bomb icon. If you follow your way points Exactly, when you reach the bomb icon/way point the ai will seek targets to bomb with out you having to tell them to. If you don't hit those way points dead on they will follow you and just drop their bombs as soon as you tell them to attack something. Level bombing and dive bombing are effected this way also. Another solution is to fly #2 or #4 of the flight. You have to babysit the AI sometimes to get them to do what you want. Just keep at it and you will get a feel for their limitations.

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-26-2005, 08:55 AM
LOL...What's sad is when that happens online. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

lilmat
01-26-2005, 11:47 AM
I have noticed this as well.
With 6 b-25's, line abrest, diving down to the runway. I can most of the time, tell the AI at the right time and they will leave explosions along the width of the area I want.

ROTC4612
01-26-2005, 07:38 PM
Thanks seahawk, ill give that a try.