PDA

View Full Version : B25 Gunner Setup HELP!!

GunnyHighway99
08-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Everyone,

I just started fooling around with the B25. I can get the engines started and drop bombs, but I can't seem to get the gunner positions working. I am able to cycle through the gunner postions, and I can make them fire.

However, I cannot make the gun turrets move, and there is confusion with the autopilot. It says Autopilot ON in some gunner positions, and Autopilot OFF in others. I toggle the autopilot ON and OFF with a keyboard command, but I still can't move the gun turrets.

Does anyone know how to make these work? Thanks!!

GunnyHighway99
08-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Everyone,

I just started fooling around with the B25. I can get the engines started and drop bombs, but I can't seem to get the gunner positions working. I am able to cycle through the gunner postions, and I can make them fire.

However, I cannot make the gun turrets move, and there is confusion with the autopilot. It says Autopilot ON in some gunner positions, and Autopilot OFF in others. I toggle the autopilot ON and OFF with a keyboard command, but I still can't move the gun turrets.

Does anyone know how to make these work? Thanks!!

FoolTrottel
08-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Move the gunturrets by moving the mouse.
Firing is done by left mouseclick.

Though if you can fire them, and you are using the mouse... why wouldn't they let you aim? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

(They are not operated via the joystick, so you can still keep flying the plane, while manning a gunner position.)

Checkout the Control name 'Toggle Autopilot level'.
If you assign a key to it and use it, you will find there's two ways it works:

1. Autopilot switching is done manually, and up to you.
Each position needs switching the Autopilot on when leaving it, and off when entering it.
(This looks to be the current state on your system, thats's why some are on, and others are off)

2. Automatic switching: The system switches autopilot on when you leave a position, and off when you enter one.
(Can be handy... but watch out when pilot is on auto, you use 8x time compression, external views and then switch back to the cockpit... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif)

Have Fun!

GunnyHighway99
08-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks!! I got it all figured out. It didn't even occur to me that the mouse controlled the guns. Also, I had inadvertently changed the fire command to a keyboard command, but I changed it back to left click. That probably explains why I could fire but not move the guns.

The toggle autopilot level command also works very well!! Thanks again!!