PDA

View Full Version : Strange power settings

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 07:22 PM
I took the i 16 for a fligth and to test something i found strange, very strange.

Ok i use a slider for throttlecontrol and give full throttle, And look wat happens POWER 108%!!!!! Without any boost or other tricks.
Now i tune carengines, but this can't be done.The rata has a carburator when you give full throttle youre engine can't deliver more then 100%, when you need more power you must mount an different carburator, and some work on the engine also. So IMO when you fly at 100% in the GAME youre engine delivers about 8% less power, in the case of the rata its about 920HP, Every engine must withstand 100% for a specific time( for a car its around 30 min). Now i took another plane a Bf 109 , 190 you name it.here we see the same 108 - 110%, These AC got injection, but still 100% is 100%. A Bf109G6AS has about 1300Hp for output, so 110 is 1300HP when you climb at 100% youre engine delivers 10% less and thats about 130Hp less. The plains with mechanic compressors can run at 0,1 a 0,3 overboost, but you must use a schwitch to overboost. German AC have GM1 and thats NOs gas can be used for about 5 min. By the use of this NOs the enginetemp runs high (NOs only put more energie in the combustionchambers, but has NO cooling effect!!!), Water/methanol cools the combustionchamber and there for the engine can run at higher boost and the ignigtiontime set earlier, so more power and this power can be used for longer time. IMO the power settings are strange only by using WEP youre engine can increase its performence. I hope that i'm clear about what i ment to say, its not easy to explain in a foreignlanguage the ''HUH???? what is this???'' thoughts that i hat when open the throttle.When you use your keyboard an use - and = or - and + the the same happens.

Greetings!!!

I love the graphics in this game or sim!!! Whatever

Message Edited on 09/24/0307:01PM by kp84yb

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 07:22 PM
I took the i 16 for a fligth and to test something i found strange, very strange.

Ok i use a slider for throttlecontrol and give full throttle, And look wat happens POWER 108%!!!!! Without any boost or other tricks.
Now i tune carengines, but this can't be done.The rata has a carburator when you give full throttle youre engine can't deliver more then 100%, when you need more power you must mount an different carburator, and some work on the engine also. So IMO when you fly at 100% in the GAME youre engine delivers about 8% less power, in the case of the rata its about 920HP, Every engine must withstand 100% for a specific time( for a car its around 30 min). Now i took another plane a Bf 109 , 190 you name it.here we see the same 108 - 110%, These AC got injection, but still 100% is 100%. A Bf109G6AS has about 1300Hp for output, so 110 is 1300HP when you climb at 100% youre engine delivers 10% less and thats about 130Hp less. The plains with mechanic compressors can run at 0,1 a 0,3 overboost, but you must use a schwitch to overboost. German AC have GM1 and thats NOs gas can be used for about 5 min. By the use of this NOs the enginetemp runs high (NOs only put more energie in the combustionchambers, but has NO cooling effect!!!), Water/methanol cools the combustionchamber and there for the engine can run at higher boost and the ignigtiontime set earlier, so more power and this power can be used for longer time. IMO the power settings are strange only by using WEP youre engine can increase its performence. I hope that i'm clear about what i ment to say, its not easy to explain in a foreignlanguage the ''HUH???? what is this???'' thoughts that i hat when open the throttle.When you use your keyboard an use - and = or - and + the the same happens.

Greetings!!!

I love the graphics in this game or sim!!! Whatever

Message Edited on 09/24/0307:01PM by kp84yb