PDA

View Full Version : Idiot pilots crashing into each other!

Hokie05
11-08-2004, 07:55 AM
Anyone else having this problem? It doesn't happen in missions where there only two planes. It happens in the larger missions where the mission is carrier bombing. Squadron members crash into each other on maneuvers. This usually takes out half the squadron before we start the straight path to the target. On the way to the targer, someone either crashes right into my plane or I crash into them (on auto pilot). So I have to spend time dodging my own plane on the way to the carrier. Any fixes to this as of yet?

One suggestion I have...a higher max rate of speed. Need something higher than 8X if possible. 16X would be much better.

Great game overall though. And of course, the IL2 series is the greatest ever.

Supr
11-08-2004, 08:46 AM
the AI is not the greatest about not running into each other or the ground. It happens sometimes. They(the developers) do tend to tweak the AI in the patches, but dont count on it being perfect anytime soon. You can always go online, its really much more fun and there is No AI ( well sometimes in coops), but mostly just real people shooting at, and crashing into you. But Hey, at least then you've got someone real to yell at.

BTW, have you tried the timeskip feature. its faster then 8X compression, but your screen goes black while its skipping time. You may need to map a button for it, as I dont think it was set by default. Good Luck

Nige_Reconman
11-08-2004, 09:00 AM
It always annoyed me in offline play wehen after a successful attack your nursing your crate back home with battledamage and youy perfectly fine squadmates crash into each other. Sure if dodging incoming attacks, the that may happen as the maneveur but it's really annoying when 6 crash together.

BSS_Goat
11-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Hokie you VT alumni?

Hokie05
11-08-2004, 09:57 AM
Not quite yet BSS_Goat. Graduate this spring. How time flies...

You a VT grad?

BSS_Goat
11-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Graduated in '89. Lived in Barringer for 2 years on campus.