PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, can you please

ABottleOfWine
08-03-2011, 01:40 AM
Do something in Revelations' multiplayer that does away with people totally screwing the entire idea you had for multiplayer in the first place?

Oddly, enough, having finally reached level 50 (and getting 100% on trophies), I've encountered the worst multiplayer competitors ever. And they somehow hinder those who are good at making better kills because they are CONSTANTLY RUNNING AROUND EVERYWHERE. I get where you were going in respect to your concept of multiplayer and I think it's great. But it's massively flawed. Fix it. Please. There are *******es ruining the game for everyone else who truly loves it.

Love,
Erik

Ripe Claw
08-03-2011, 02:05 AM
The only time you need to stop running is moments before a kill, or if there is no way to approach out of LOS.

AwkwardlyBruta
08-03-2011, 02:31 AM
Batman isn't stealthy driving around in the batmobile, But whenever it's time to beat down some goons, he's no where to be seen.

Or....

Ninjas dont "slowly walk" to their targets, they run until they know their close enough that they'd be detected, same concept.

Ripe Claw
08-03-2011, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by AwkwardlyBruta:
Batman isn't stealthy driving around in the batmobile, But whenever it's time to beat down some goons, he's no where to be seen.

Or....

Ninjas dont "slowly walk" to their targets, they run until they know their close enough that they'd be detected, same concept.

Nice!

obliviondoll
08-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Apparently you don't "get where they're going" as well as you think you do.

Need proof?

Originally posted by obliviondoll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKjqG__VQKE
Skip to 2:10 and listen to the "three pillars"

"And the third pillar is all that free movement aspect of the franchise" - Stephane Beaudet - Creative Director for multiplayer.

Sounds to me like the "running around everywhere" part was done on purpose after all.

We play the game because we love it, not because we love our own glorified concept of how it's meant to be played.

persiateddy95
08-03-2011, 06:24 AM
Unfortunately in Revelations it seems we are forced to play the way Ubisoft wants.

obliviondoll
08-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
Unfortunately in Revelations it seems we are forced to play the way Ubisoft wants.
Doesn't look like it to me, actually.

Still haven't seen what the "rooftop penalty" they mentioned was, or heard which mode(s) it's happening in.

My main problem is time it takes to go from Discreet to Silent, then from Silent to Incognito. I still say they should be reversed (currently around 7 seconds to Silent, then only another 3 for Incog). I'd also like for the detection meter to start at Silent. It already drops from Silent if you go high profile outside LoS (but stops at Discreet no matter how you run until they see you doing it).

Grazel69
08-03-2011, 08:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:
Doesn't look like it to me, actually.

Still haven't seen what the "rooftop penalty" they mentioned was, or heard which mode(s) it's happening in.

My main problem is time it takes to go from Discreet to Silent, then from Silent to Incognito. I still say they should be reversed (currently around 7 seconds to Silent, then only another 3 for Incog). I'd also like for the detection meter to start at Silent. It already drops from Silent if you go high profile outside LoS (but stops at Discreet no matter how you run until they see you doing it). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
the roof penalty is the same thing you mentioned in your post
people on rooftops will only get discreet kills now which are way less points
I think it's perfect where it stands at discreet silent is too big of a bonus
finally everyone will have to play the game the right way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

obliviondoll
08-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Grazel69:
the roof penalty is the same thing you mentioned in your post
people on rooftops will only get discreet kills now which are way less points
I think it's perfect where it stands at discreet silent is too big of a bonus
finally everyone will have to play the game the right way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
No, it's still unconfirmed. People saying that were basing it on "evidence" they found in some of the videos of Manhunt gameplay at (and after) E3. Even though the rooftop penalty was specifically mentioned to NOT BE IN MANHUNT.

Esco's Manhunt video showed him getting Incognito on the roof, if you need a reference. Problem is that people were seeing players on the roof staying at Discreet, not realising that was because they were out of line of sight, and not related to the rooftops at all.

I'm not saying that isn't what the rooftop penalty will be, just clarifying that there's no evidence to support that theory yet. Unless you've seen some official word about it that I missed, in which case, please share?

CrazyShrapnel
08-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Grazel69:

Read.

Apparently you don't "get where they're going" as well as you think you do.

Need proof?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKjqG__VQKE
Skip to 2:10 and listen to the "three pillars"

"And the third pillar is all that free movement aspect of the franchise" - Stephane Beaudet - Creative Director for multiplayer.

Sounds to me like the "running around everywhere" part was done on purpose after all.

We play the game because we love it, not because we love our own glorified concept of how it's meant to be played. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are all sorts of people with all sorts of skill levels playing this game. They range from new players (Who are bad due to lack of experience) to average players (Who know better than to get 100 pt kills) to the very best of the playerbase. The guys at the top of the scoreboards who know every tip, trick and more.

Many of those guys roof. Not in the 'run, run, 100pts, run some more' kind of way, but a 'time is my enemy, I need good kills and I need them fast' kind of way. Roofing allows more freedom and when done right, gives better session scores than spending all game walking with a blend.

If that's the wrong way to play then I don't ever want to play right.

Archybad
08-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Didn't they say they were doing a gamercard which would record your playstyle?

How hard would it be to group similar playstyles together where possible....

Chaotic_Infinity
08-03-2011, 08:57 AM
^That would be boring. The best lobbies have a healthy mix of stealthy players and runners, defensive players and offensive players.

obliviondoll
08-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Crushdag:
^That would be boring. The best lobbies have a healthy mix of stealthy players and runners, defensive players and offensive players.
And the best players are the ones who can't be lumped into any of those definitions accurately, because their playstyle changes as they go.

Kytr
08-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Or how their opponents play.