PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to purchase/Pre-order IL2: COD on launch?

Gimpymoo
03-25-2011, 07:38 PM
Are you going to purchase IL2: COD on launch?

Stiletto-
03-25-2011, 08:27 PM
No maybes? I am going to wait and see how the reviews go and what people say, might be at launch, might not be.

biggs222
03-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Stiletto-:
No maybes? I am going to wait and see how the reviews go and what people say, might be at launch, might not be.

Im going to be one of those people that get the game "de-filtered patch" or not... as Ilya has said they will fix it, its not a matter of if, but when.

Im hoping its patched before or on US release of course, as I'm sure all the "noes" here are hoping.

Treetop64
03-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Said "No".

Don't like the BS being flung around concerning the epilepsy filter, and it's effect on the game's performance. More so, I'm not convinced by Luthier's conflicting explanations on the circumstances of the filter being installed.

I don't need to have CloD and at a minimum, absolutely will not purchase it until this issue gets fixed, and it's sold through another publisher other than Ubi, or preferably direct from 1C themselves.

JoshuaHedge2011
03-26-2011, 12:59 AM
Well ive waited 6 years for it, and yes i have pre-ordeer through steam, and no i wont cancel it
will get it and wait for the fix

kimosabi79
03-26-2011, 01:53 AM
Will get it on release. Imma Steam user though so no box set, and Ubi can suck it.

Feathered_IV
03-26-2011, 03:31 AM
I've still got my Steam preorder going. I'm losing interest fast though. Maddox Games historically just seem to stumble from one barely controlled stuff up to the next.

Rjel
03-26-2011, 05:00 AM
With summer fast approaching I'll have too much to do to spend much time with it anyway. As much as I want a next generation flight sim, my enthusiasm is waning fast. I'll let other early adopters find out how it is and then pick it up after the issues are hopefully solved.

x6BL_Brando
03-26-2011, 05:19 AM
I've had CE on pre-order since it was first announced and though I've been tempted to cancel, I've decided to let it come on. I plan to just throw it into the back of a drawer and forget about it until (if & when) the issues are sorted out.
As Rjel says above; summer is coming and I have a heap of projects to get into. That'll keep me busy, and I still have Forgotten Battles if I need a fix http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

At the end of the day I expect there'll be some value to owning a pristine copy of the CE, even if it's only as a memento of what could've been the best combat flight sim of the decade.

rfap
03-26-2011, 08:49 AM
I've a rig here on my kitchen table waiting to be assembled purely for this. As soon as the download appears I'll be there watching it drop. I don't care about the pulling of hair and gnashing of teeth that all the various forums seem to be going through.. be it here, simhq, 1cpublishing. Its all a storm in a teacup as far as i'm concerned.
Oleg and Ilya have a rightly deserved reputation as regards to putting wrongs right and improving the genre. IL2:COD might (and I can't be sure because its only hearsay as yet) suffer some birthing pains but it will improve and it will move the genre on as its predecessors have done in the past. I find 90% of the comments relating to IL2:COD, as of yet an unreleased sim to be repugnant, posted by a lot of ignorant and immature idiots who really need to find other stuff to do with their lives. I understand expectations are high, i'm really looking forward to this, but talk about people getting excitable? its gone way past zoo status on every forum. Its almost like a return to Roman mob rule.
If it is too slow on my pc, I'll drop the resolution, and figure out where the issue lies. Could be that I may need another 6970, if thats the case so be it. If its my Phemon II, in 3 months Bulldozer will be out. It won't be my Hotas, it won't be my storage. Steam is a known quantity, it works and works well, it won't be that.
I just want it on my pc, so I can join my staffel, I'll strap into my 109E and take off and enjoy what comes.
S!

JG52MadAdler
03-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Agreed rfap! Not even released and the boards are on fire. As with the whole series, glitches were patched and the sim always improved!
The track record for Il2 original speaks for itself.

CarreraPablo
03-26-2011, 09:29 AM
No, I don't buy unfinished products forced to release by Ubisoft. Silent Hunter 5 was a lesson to me!

Deevy
03-26-2011, 09:33 AM
simply NO!

rfap
03-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Deevy:
simply NO!

You used your first post for this? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

rfap
03-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by CarreraPablo:
No, I don't buy unfinished products forced to release by Ubisoft. Silent Hunter 5 was a lesson to me!

I'm curious then, why are you on this part of the forum?

JG52Uther
03-26-2011, 11:20 AM
I just pre ordered it,from D2D in the UK,with a 20% discount!
23.96 is less than a night out on the p*ss...
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PhantomKira
03-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Nope. My system's too old to run it. Also, there are flight sim peripherals I'd like to have so I can run what I have as a sim rather than a game.

TheGrunch
03-27-2011, 06:49 AM
Bought the CE for my dad's birthday and on Steam for myself...here's hoping it's not a trainwreck, or I'm 80 out. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif Don't mind spending 30 on it myself to support Maddox Games through this mess, just I know my dad'll be as disappointed as me if not more so if it's rubbish, he's an absolute Battle of Britain nut. Thankfully he has a monster rig so I think he'll be okay for what he'll want to do (Hurricane vs. 109 1v1s and shooting at bombers).

PF_Coastie
03-27-2011, 07:22 AM
I am just going to wait and see how things pan out before the NA release. I have never pre-ordered anything except concert tickets. It will still be here whether I pre-order or not. I also hope the pre-order bunch will figure out all the tricks and tweaks, so I don't have to!

TheGrunch
03-27-2011, 07:24 AM
Good policy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I don't mind being a guinea pig to be honest. Il-2 has always been trouble free for me, I expect this is my penance for so many years of fun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Jaws2002
03-27-2011, 10:11 AM
I have two copies on preorder.

If we don't suport this game on release, it will certainly die.

Is this what you want? many of you were here for many years waiting for this game, If you don't suport it now, in the most secisive time, you'll kill it.
Poor initial sales will kill it.
You were here so long already, you may as well get the game on release, so they get some money for fixes and updates.

It would be a stupid thing to kill COD in order to take revenge on UBI. Is not going to help anyone.

Let's help this game survive. ROF was in worse shape at release and the suport of the players ensured it's survival.

Remember the line in the movie Defiance:

"We will survive, that will be our revenge".

EdStraker
03-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Christ I have just noticed the polls,bloody hell I knew things were bad but this is terrible.

Can't beleive UBISOFT have not commented on this before now,surely they see what we're seeing and have someone that could stand up and staunch the mess,by offering some positive news.

What have they done to this beautiful sim?,it's sole destroying reading these threads,really very sad.

Grand_Armee
03-29-2011, 11:56 PM
I'll buy it when I can have a disk in a box...hopefully tomorrow. Will stop by my local EB games and see if they have a copy. Mainly, I'm bored with what else is out there.

Heck, somebody has to buy it, talk about it, and find opponents once the flying-against-the-AI-value is gone.