PDA

View Full Version : Duel Throttles

Pres.Clinton
09-15-2005, 08:48 AM
How do you set up the sim to use seperate throttle for the engines on the twin engine planes.

Pres.Clinton
09-15-2005, 08:48 AM
How do you set up the sim to use seperate throttle for the engines on the twin engine planes.

Silenmtium
09-15-2005, 12:17 PM
You have to assign a key for each egine. then you just select wich engine you want to use. You also need to have "complex engine management" turned on in the difficulties settings. Sorry I am not home now so I am just going from memory here.

Pres.Clinton
09-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Sorry I didnt clarify. I have a 2 engine throttle quadrant. I wanted to know how to get each axis to operate a seperat engine.

jeroen-79
09-15-2005, 01:33 PM
The game will see only one analog throttle and pitch.
You can use keys to select and deselect engines.

The throttle/pitch on your controller will then control the throttle/pitch of the selected engines.
The throttle/pitch of the deselected engines will remain the same as when you left them.

So for a twinengined plane you would map keys for 'select engine 1', 'select engine 2' and perhaps 'select all engines'.
In flight you would use those keys to jump back and forth between the engines.

Not really a good system IMO.

***edit***
What sort of programming does your throttle support?

Can you swap axes?
Can you assign keystrokes to axis movement?

If so, you could program each handle so that movement of said handle will swap it's axis with that of the other handle and send a keystroke to swap the engine in the game.

Pres.Clinton
09-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Sounds like it is too much trouble to bother with duel axis. I will but just as happy with one. Thanks for the help.

Don_ULFonso
09-16-2005, 02:32 AM
If you're using a CH USB throttle you can use scripting to automatically select the correct engine(s) depending on which lever(s) you're moving, and then selecting engine no.1 or no.2 or all engines.

Basically it's just a matter of checking whether an axis' analogue value is changing, and which axis'/axes'.

There should be an example of how to set this up somewhere on the CH Hangar (http://www.ch-hangar.com).