PDA

View Full Version : Nessacary Eye candy that is missing frrom every plane in this sim!

Copperhead310th
03-10-2007, 08:45 AM
After watching DOGFIGHTS last night, the episode on the Flying Tigers AVG, i finnaly realized whats missing from this sim is...
EXUAST FLAMES!!!!

thier +1!

The blure flames comming out of the exuast manifolds on the p-40 was super sharp.
ok so i cant freaking spell exuast this morening. it's still early. and i just hard a brain fart, so get over it ya big bunch of grammer nazis. None the less those flames are a must have. lol

VW-IceFire
03-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Its true...they are key for night fighting too. I think there are entire recognition guides for figuring out a plane in the dark just by exhaust glows.

slappedsilly
03-10-2007, 09:17 AM
I hope SoW looks and sounds more like the dogight series. The shinny metal is another thing that makes a big difference. I wonder when we will another dev update.

DmdSeeker
03-10-2007, 09:50 AM
It'd be nice to see 109G's pullng dark smoke as they throttle up; that's an oft mentioned observation.

(Which puzzles me; I thought fuel injection gave more accurate metering?)

PFflyer
03-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by DmdSeeker:
It'd be nice to see 109G's pullng dark smoke as they throttle up; that's an oft mentioned observation.

Fuel injection can give more accurate fuel/air ration over the rpm range than a carburetor, IF it is adjusted and designed properly.

The Mechanical Fuel Injection that germany had was an amazing advance in the internal combusion engine, but it was basically in it's infancy during WWII and I am sure it had a lot of details that were later fixed when it was applied to Mercedes Benz automobiles soon after WWII.

Mechanical Fuel Injection cannot be compared to Electronic and/or Digital fuel injection that is used on all cars now.

With EFI or DFI, it is simple to tell a computer program to change a part of the fuel curve, but can you imagine designing a mechanical device to do what it takes a computer to do now? It is a h e ll of an engineering feat.

I have an old Mercedes Benz from the sixties with Mechanical Fuel Injection, and it is a heck of a thing to learn how it works, then to keep it maintained and adjusted properly.

That the germans could keep those aircraft with MFI running at all in the conditions they had at a lot of airbases during combat is amazing.

Oh yeah, and on the exhaust flame thing, it would be great if we had it. There were a lot of great add-ons for cfs2 that enabled exhaust flames and they looked really cool.

PFflyer
03-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by PFflyer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DmdSeeker:

Fuel injection can give more accurate fuel/air ration over the rpm range than a carburetor, IF it is adjusted and designed properly.

The Mechanical Fuel Injection that germany had was an amazing advance in the internal combusion engine, but it was basically in it's infancy during WWII and I am sure it had a lot of details that were later fixed when it was applied to Mercedes Benz automobiles soon after WWII.

Mechanical Fuel Injection cannot be compared to Electronic and/or Digital fuel injection that is used on all cars now.

With EFI or DFI, it is simple to tell a computer program to change a part of the fuel curve, any pale, useless computer geek can adjust an EFI even if he never had a wrench in his hand, but can you imagine designing a mechanical device to do what it takes a computer to do now? It is a h e ll of an engineering feat, and it takes a mechanical genius to keep one running and in tune.

I have an old Mercedes Benz from the sixties with Mechanical Fuel Injection, and it is a heck of a thing to learn how it works, then to keep it maintained and adjusted properly.

That the germans could keep those aircraft with MFI running at all in the conditions they had at a lot of airbases during combat is amazing.

Oh yeah, and on the exhaust flame thing, it would be great if we had it. There were a lot of great add-ons for cfs2 that enabled exhaust flames and they looked really cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heywooood
03-10-2007, 10:03 AM
it is a somewhat critical oversight not to have a decent exhaust glow....

We need more muzzle flash too.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Copperhead310th
03-10-2007, 11:08 AM
what?!? after 4 years pf ppl b8tchin & complainin about the "OVERDONE" Muzzle flash some one wants more muzzle flash. after it's already been toned down a ton? yer kidding right?
and ya can blame the LW fliers for the lack of muzzle flash since thier the ones who winnied it into non exixtance.

heywooood
03-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Yes - I was kidding - the ol' muzzle flash...lol

BillyTheKid_22
03-10-2007, 11:24 AM
http://www.americasarmy.com/gallery/screens/fls3_800.jpg

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Muzzle Flash!!!!

stalkervision
03-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Copperhead310th:
After watching DOGFIGHTS last night, the episode on the Flying Tigers AVG, i finnaly realized whats missing from this sim is...
EXUAST FLAMES!!!!

thier +1!

The blure flames comming out of the exuast manifolds on the p-40 was super sharp.
ok so i cant freaking spell exuast this morening. it's still early. and i just hard a brain fart, so get over it ya big bunch of grammer nazis. None the less those flames are a must have. lol

Oh aren't we the picky one? Next you will want an onboard stewerdis serving drinks and free movies in your cockpit.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BfHeFwMe
03-10-2007, 12:44 PM
There was also a serious drawback to direct injection, fuel can never be used as a coolant to your turbines allowing them to run with greater efficiency.

stansdds
03-11-2007, 05:10 AM
Exhaust glow has been discussed. It will never be in IL2 as development has ceased and efforts are now focused on SoW:BoB. CFS and MSFS both have aircraft with exhaust flames/glow. This is a great feature for night flying, but the effect is often visible during daylight in these sims. Visible exhaust flames during daylight on a real piston engined aircraft is often a sign of a really, really (flooded) rich mixture condition. I'd like to see exhaust glow in a sim that truely mimics what is and is not visible in reality.

Joonas_P_K
03-11-2007, 06:12 AM
I´m not sure but if I remember correctly I remember Oleg saying that those efects will be in BOB.

Copperhead310th
03-11-2007, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by stalkervision:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Copperhead310th:
EXUAST FLAMES!!!!

thier +1!

Oh aren't we the picky one? Next you will want an onboard stewerdis serving drinks and free movies in your cockpit.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I already have those things. they're called My Girlfriend & Picture in Picture on the tv/Monitor. lol

And yes i know development has stoped for THIS sim. I was hoping to see something in the future.