PDA

View Full Version : Manhunt advice

cless711
11-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Hey Assassins/Templars, I really haven't played multiplayer much but all i have really played is either Alliance or Wanted. So, I wanted to know what you guys would recommend to do and/or have in manhunt (not only for me, but also for anyone else new to manhunt.) Any advice would be gratefully appreciated!

DDDDevastation
11-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Manhunt, in my own opinion, is one of the best game modes on AcB. It's just like it is in real life, because I'm sure many people played manhunt when they were little. There are 2 teams of 3-4 and one team get's offense and the other defense. There are 2 rounds of 5 minutes. You main objective is to get the most points to win, but there is different ways with each round. If you're on offense, you get points by killing in unique or stealthy ways. On the other hand, Defense you have to blend in to gain points and escape when you are spotted. You can also stun your pursuers when they kill/hit a lure. This will give you 5 seconds to get your butt out of there. I love playing this because it takes team work and is lots of fun. I recommend you try and playing it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 12:25 PM
When you are being pursued -

Equip disguise and smoke bomb imo.

When you are hunting -

Equip something that helps ID your target easily (I prefer morph, used offensively) and a gun for rooftop runners.

FANIS1993
11-25-2010, 01:09 PM
when you are the pursuer bring with you firecrackers and templar vision, and also run to where your target is just to kill him that simple, avoid being stunned.

if you are the target then bring smoke bombs, disguise or morph. always get into groups or sit or stand somewhere and talk to other civilians then use the morph to make all look like you and when a pursuer comes stun him. when you hiding like blending in the groups or sitting you gain points for your team

Squiddish
11-25-2010, 06:59 PM
I cannot express in words how awesome Charge is for both offense and defense.

Offense: If you see a big cluster of morphed dudes, charge. If you wait until you're fairly close to use it, you'll still get the silent bonus. As long as you charge right throught the thick of the group, its basically a guaranteed kill. It also doesn't give you away and give the defender a chance to retaliate like firecrackers or T. vision.

Defense: OH CRAP THAT GUY IS COMING OVER HERE. I'MMA CHARGE HIM. Smokebomb works too, but I find Charge to be more reliable.

obliviondoll
11-25-2010, 09:53 PM
If you're in a good team, Templar vision + staying on rooftops can be BRILLIANT.

Bring a gun/throwing knives to help the team out if needed. Stay high, TV, lock a target when a teammate's close, they know you know who it is, and target dies. If another target nearby stuns a teammate, same deal.

If you catch one running and know they'll escape your teammate, use your ranged weapon to either kill or slow the target for them.

Every now and then a target will come close enough to your vantage point, or you'll find a way close enough to them, that lets you drop down and get the aerial kill (try and get focus as well if they're not moving).

For hiding, morph, decoy, disguise - pick what you prefer. If you get into a lot of chases, I'd recommend disguise over morph, take blender once you've unlocked it.

I usually hide using morph + decoy - crowd looks like me, I hide on a bench or in a haystack nearby, and send my decoy running when enemies are near. One will almost always try to run it down and start a chase with me or a teammate.

EDIT: the TV + roof idea doesn't earn many points for the player, but it helps the team win. I've done it a couple of times, along with a TV + poison build I managed to use reasonably well - when TV was reloading, I'd let a teammate spot for my poison, then take over the spotter job once it was ready.