PDA

View Full Version : Looking for best hunting grounds

MonsterZero1973
05-29-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm in 1st Flotilla sailing a type VIIC in March 1943. I've completed 32 patrols. I like to stalk British and American shipping just west of Ireland because the printed map that came with the game shows me a lot of convoys converge there on the way to Firth of Clyde but if you have better spots let me know. The water around the British Isles tends to be very shallow which makes it very dangerous if pursued by destroyers but west of Ireland I always get a good 100 meters under the keel so I tend to like it there. British planes patrol frequently but I stay out of trouble by submerging and listening during the day. I come up mostly at night.

Also, I'm very interested in finding capital warships. I'm very tempted by Scapa Flow and wonder what I'll find there. It would be nice to finally get snorkel so I can cruise submerged close to the Isles. When does snorkel become available?

Minoos
05-30-2007, 02:55 AM
You should try SH3Gen. It provides intelligence reports and help you find juicy targets!
http://www.global-explorer.de/contentpage_download.htm

geoffwessex
05-30-2007, 06:45 AM
Otherwise, try the BE and BF grids - south and west of Ireland. Those capital ships sometimes do a dash down the Irish Sea, too.