PDA

View Full Version : Saitek X45 failing on me

Junkers_Jack
01-19-2005, 02:57 PM
I have been really enjoying this joystick system. But now it seems to loose the throttle setting and wont return above 90%.

I reinstalled drivers but no result the device sets up ok when I start it but gets the problem after 10 min of use.

Any ideas welcome

Junkers

Tully__
01-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Have you tried asking at Saitek's support forums? (http://www.saitekforum.com/) You'll need to register and be logged in to see all their forums but they're very helpful with Saitek techinal problems.

BelaLvgosi
01-19-2005, 03:42 PM
A temp fix would be to recalibrate, but before doing it, ensure throttle is at 0%; then when they ask you to move it to full extent, go only up until before the place it stops reading and not a bit more. This way you'll limit the sensor range, altough you'll get full throttle earlier. Still might be better than having to buy a new stick.

Junkers_Jack
01-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Well I am impressed thanks for the tips.

Regards
Junkers

No76_Dutch
01-19-2005, 11:21 PM
You're getting off easy mate.

My poor old X45 has started to fail on me as well. Only in my case, the connection at the front of the throttle has become dodgy and the throttle turns itself off at regular intervals. When this happens, the plane I'm flying does all sorts of weird things, which is fine at high altitude but when you are down low in a biffo with 16 other aircraft, it spins you into the ground, more often than not (as my opponents on War Clouds and greatergreen see quite frequently http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

Heavy_Weather
01-20-2005, 06:55 AM
yes recalibrate with all controls/rotary's set at 0 position and move them accordingly.

kiddknapp59
01-20-2005, 07:22 AM
Newer X45s self calibrate, so you can€t do much about it. If it is an older one, it€s time to replace it. If you act now you can still find an X45; if you wait much longer you will be stuck with the X52.
I am moving up to CH.

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-20-2005, 07:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kiddknapp59:
I am moving up to CH. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Smart man... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Junkers_Jack
01-23-2005, 08:25 AM
I found I do have the newer version that you can't recalibrate. The saitek forum points to editing the registry. That also made no difference in as much as the problem reoccurred.

I do not want to pay out for an X52 if it repeats the same problem.

What is the CH stick.

Bongokid
01-23-2005, 08:40 AM
Well, 'CH product' is a company that makes what many consider the 'reference' air simulation controllers. problem is that each piece is around 200$ US so the equivalent of the 75$ X45 or 100$ X52 would become 300-400$ (+200 if you want pedals). My personal opinion is that the CH product quality and durability makes up for the price but its still a high initial investment.

Cheers,

Bongokid.

PS: i have a X45 too and after about 1 year of use i keep my finger crossed...

scottmal1
01-24-2005, 09:52 AM
Junkers_Jack, i had a simular problem with my x45, i'm in the uk and found saiteks technical support extremely helpful. I just dropped them an email suggesting that i thought it was the throttle potentiometer at fault so they sent me a new one to try, when this made no difference they asked me to ship the x45 to them. i think this cost me approx 5, within a couple of days they emailed me to say the x45 was defective and they sent me a brand new one complete with a reciept for the 2 year warranty! Now thats what i call customer service, so give them a try.

Junkers_Jack
01-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Cooo,

That could bemy way out as well he he. Cheers

Seapiglet
01-25-2005, 04:14 PM
I must be the only person who hasn't had a perfect experience with Saitek. I have a really old X45 which had the drivers on a floppy. The joystick started doing something odd - when you left it centred it would jerk briefly but frequently to the left (making aiming very difficult). I tried to reinstall the drivers, but the disc had got corrupted, so I emailed them asking where I could find new drivers. I never even got a response. Anyway, I've invested in an 11 stick which works, and suddenly the game is ten times as fun!

Lav69
01-25-2005, 04:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bongokid:
problem is that each piece is around 200$ US so the equivalent of the 75$ X45 or 100$ X52 would become 300-400$ (+200 if you want pedals). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong. You can get the fighterstick and throttle for around $220US. Plus shipping. Go here and search for best oprice.

http://www.pricetool.com/game

Stiglr
01-25-2005, 08:00 PM
You've been had.

NEVER buy Saitek anything. Their quality control is non-existant.

WTE_Ibis
01-25-2005, 08:16 PM
I had a similar problem,it would work fine for
5 minutes then start to lag 2 or 3 seconds behind the commands.
Reinstalled new drivers,no different then noticed
the profiler wasn't in task bar and could not get the profiler to appear.Removed old software and installed latest and bingo back in business,so check to see if the profiler is there.
Cheers, Ibis

BaldieJr
01-25-2005, 08:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stiglr:
You've been had.

NEVER buy Saitek _anything_. Their quality control is non-existant. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My X52 and its Hall Effect Sensors scoff at you.

CH is so last year.

GAU-8
01-25-2005, 11:48 PM
i had contacted CH PRODUCTS on numerous occasions, about the pricing for BULK buys, and discounts for larger orders.

several times the let me know that going DIRECTLY to thier website is MORE COSTLY than going to your favorite electronic store. unless your outside of the U.S. the products are around 80-129 dollars. depending on the grade you get