PDA

View Full Version : Oleg : ... for skinners a 3D viewer is needed

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 10:40 AM
mr maddox you have a DEDICATED skinning community behind FB

but creating a skin now can be very labourious

a 3D veiwer would soooo helpful !

this program would need a few abilitys .....

1) you would need all the 3D models from FB in this program ( or the ability to access them from FB itself )

2) the ability to load skins into it ( or view skins from another location on your computer )

3) the ability to rotate the 3D model around in all directions

4) the ability to zoom in very close to the model

5) the ability to move 3D model so you do not simply zoom into the center of the model

6) adjustable background lighting ( from different directions ) with the lighting being the same as in FB

right now we have to have a DF room set up & a paint program , then ALT TAb in & out checking alterations progress which aint that user freindly as well as the fact that you have to get the alteration to be recognised in-game by a quick save & then model change in plane list /...

then a respawn & only then when in the air can you flip the plane around in the air checking for mistakes .... ( whilst moving / controlling the AC ) ......

there has to be a simpler way

a skin viewer would be SUCH A HUGH HELP for skinners

if there is some clever enuf programer out therewho flys FB .....

plz consider helping .....

hint hint mr maddox !

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 10:40 AM
mr maddox you have a DEDICATED skinning community behind FB

but creating a skin now can be very labourious

a 3D veiwer would soooo helpful !

this program would need a few abilitys .....

1) you would need all the 3D models from FB in this program ( or the ability to access them from FB itself )

2) the ability to load skins into it ( or view skins from another location on your computer )

3) the ability to rotate the 3D model around in all directions

4) the ability to zoom in very close to the model

5) the ability to move 3D model so you do not simply zoom into the center of the model

6) adjustable background lighting ( from different directions ) with the lighting being the same as in FB

right now we have to have a DF room set up & a paint program , then ALT TAb in & out checking alterations progress which aint that user freindly as well as the fact that you have to get the alteration to be recognised in-game by a quick save & then model change in plane list /...

then a respawn & only then when in the air can you flip the plane around in the air checking for mistakes .... ( whilst moving / controlling the AC ) ......

there has to be a simpler way

a skin viewer would be SUCH A HUGH HELP for skinners

if there is some clever enuf programer out therewho flys FB .....

plz consider helping .....

hint hint mr maddox !

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 10:34 AM
ok so anyone else have any option suggestions of their own ?

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 11:01 AM
We really must be thinking the same way. A couple of days ago i was making a skin and been busy all days alt-tabbing, loading the skin and then back to photoshop again. Not to mention that FB eats a lot of my memory and so does photoshop and im getting low resources message after about 2 hours of work. Yes it would be nice to have a viewer. I really dont know if it s hard or easy to make one, but what i know is that a project like this is not on Olegs schedule for now. Maybe a community member can take on the challage.

Cheers

LUFTWAFFE (R) is a copyright of Hermann Goering, (c) 1935. All rights reserved.

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Hello Guy's,

I'm with you 100%. This would be a most helpful tool for us hard working skinner's. I think every other skinner here would agree that we need a viewer. It is a royal pain to have to go between FB and whatever paint program your using just to make a tiny adjustment. A program that had the 3D model's from FB and the ability to move the model around and everything said above would cut skinning time down alot. =S=

Semper Fi!! Carry On!! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Squirral aka Wolf_Fangs

<marquee>Wolf Pak Squadron</marquee>

<center>http://www.sanfords.net/DarK_Wolfs_free_demonic_graphics/wolf15.gif </center>

<center>The King Is Coming! Do You Feel The Fear?</center>

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 10:05 AM
omg-BUMP!

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 11:24 AM
Would be a huge help and time saver Bump

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 08:58 PM
This would be great! BuMpO

I am not a killer i am a

CYBORG ALLIEN

fb_AloTheKiller

Fubar SquadT

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 09:02 PM
BuPm

<center>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
Fly at HL as <font size="+1"><font color=#"000000">
<marquee>>>>>>>>>>Aceman<<<<<<<<<<</marquee></font>
</font>
http://defence-data.com/storypic/spitfire.jpg
Spitfire Supermarine Mk. XVI
"Take off,is only the beginnigg
Bail out, is YOUR end."

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 11:00 AM
yes yes .....BuMp

XyZspineZyX