PDA

View Full Version : Combat Looks Terrible

XM.Patriot
07-24-2007, 04:08 AM
From what I've read the combat sounded fantastic... High damage to your character, focused on countering... But after watching the videos...

The AI and Ruleset for it sucks!! You do a counter move on a guy, and the other 3 surrounding you just sit there for a good 10 seconds lettinging you kill him.

same goes for an assassination of a guy with guards... they wait for him to get stabbed then fall to the ground, then have Altair close his eyes, then stand back up, the whole time just walking in circles around him.

This kind of lack of realism will ruin the game for me.

Golani2007
07-24-2007, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by XM.Patriot:
From what I've read the combat sounded fantastic... High damage to your character, focused on countering... But after watching the videos...

The AI and Ruleset for it sucks!! You do a counter move on a guy, and the other 3 surrounding you just sit there for a good 10 seconds lettinging you kill him.

same goes for an assassination of a guy with guards... they wait for him to get stabbed then fall to the ground, then have Altair close his eyes, then stand back up, the whole time just walking in circles around him.

Dont stick to the littel ditalails...
Even Though, The game looks smoking hot!!
all the Parkur,and the running will cover that small thing!

Clonage2006
07-24-2007, 04:53 AM
Think of it this way.

Assassins creed is a woman, she wakes up in the morning and looks terrible, hair all over the place, drool on her chin, and she is yet to put on her make. That is how This game is at the moment, the devs still have to mop up all the little bits of drool and apply the makeup for a finishing touch, so She can look as beautiful as possible.

This isn't a finished game, It WILL improve.

Bad simile anyone?

moqqy
07-24-2007, 05:26 AM

The combat looks amazing!

spenzur
07-24-2007, 05:50 AM
yeah except the thing that when you fight an guard the other guards just look at you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

the_assassin_07
07-24-2007, 05:53 AM
Yeah but how would you like it if 50 guys attacked you at the same time and you kept dying?
-------------------------------
-You can't escape the Assassin-

SCARFACE_47
07-24-2007, 06:18 AM
don´t you notice that this is like in prince of persia??
example in warrioir within, you´re sorounded by dumb monsters, which don´t take care of their teammates and sometimes attack themselves = realistic
in any action movie with jet li:
he is surrounded by 30 people and kicks them all, though sometimes they attack one by one, or at least it seems like that, since they don´t wanna hurt their buddies and in other scenes he has to dodge 4 on one time
and ac is pretty the same way, since you can´t run up a wall with two swords and kill everything with a spin the fights are mroe realistic and in the xo6 demo you actually see him getting attacked by all of them at the same time and now it only looks a bit like they would attack one after one like they were having scripted ai
but later the fighting will be more coreographic and in real life you can be attacked by 10 people, but atlest 7 will hit their mates

ScytheOfGrim
07-24-2007, 06:58 AM
well...onsidering you die in one hit...you dont want them all to attack you at once...do you???

watch the ubidays trailer, the part where the guy falls off the house, the other guy attacked altair while he was doing a combo, the only reason he blocked it was cuz of the auto-block.

that would make it hard enough to play through the game. this is a game where the only way you can lose (besides falling from a ledge http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif and from what we know untill now...)is when you run out of confidence and cant block anymore. if guards keep attacking you non-stop, you cant escape, you cant do a combo, you cant do a counter (cuz they'll be attacking you) and you will die quickly cuz you cant block anymore attacks!

nice simile clonage...weird...but nice!!

Clonage2006
07-24-2007, 07:33 AM
First thing that came to my head, couldn't be bothered to delete it. Though I have to agree, fair enough we want reaism, but we don't want the game to be totally annoying and unplayable. Your right though, they could be a little brighter.

Lordgrunty11
07-24-2007, 07:36 AM
did Ubi ever say that when your confidence meter runs out you can't block anymore?

Clonage2006
07-24-2007, 07:39 AM
No idea, mayube it would slow down your blocks and you would become less risky, but i doubt it stops blocks altogether, if it does anything like that it will be counters that you are unable to do without confidence.

Robbinho1992
07-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Also, the demo shown at E3 was nearier the beginngin of the game, and the guards may not have been elite, so i suspect that these were easier. Furhter you are in the gmae, the guards are better, as they dont reeally wont any more of their officals dying do they. Comabt shouldnt be that big anyway, seeing you have to be quite sneaky and fast minded.

ArrowDynamicsX
07-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Yeah, one problem with complete realism is that it sucks. If you want something to be 100% realistic, do it in real life. Video games are there to suspend belief and be fun. If it were to be 100% realistic, you'd only get to play through the game once, if you died once, the game disc would fry, and your face and name would be on a "Do Not Sell to This Guy, He Died" list. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

But seriously, one of the reasons they don't attack you is that you're doing some flashy moves. In real life, he would just nail them and move to the next guy, but he's doing his spinning around, stabbing, and looking really freaking cool moves instead.

quicksilver_502
07-24-2007, 08:15 AM
it may be a tad unrealistic that they attack you one by one but if saw a guy doing those crazy moves i'd wanna let someone else go in first. and the finishers look awesome.

ScytheOfGrim
07-24-2007, 08:15 AM
i like the cool moves!!!

they're...umm...COOL!!

i like the camera angle they give you too...it's also...ummm...COOL!!!!

SCARFACE_47
07-24-2007, 08:16 AM
i wonder dou you only hold down a trigger ans automaticaly defend or do you have to press another "block with weapon" button when you get attacked, coz it was pretty boring in prince of oersia only to hold down r1

the_assassin_07
07-24-2007, 08:17 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif EDIT: I mean Arrow Dynamics everyone posted at the same time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
------------------------

moqqy
07-24-2007, 09:57 AM
well.. aslong as they make a really good unarmed combat i'll be reeeeally happy.. i hope its not just straight punches and kicks.. but cool stuff like handlocks, knife hand strikes etc..

they said you could take on thugs unarmed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif that will be cool taking them 2v1 with just your hands and legs, when youre defending some poor dude that the eeeevil thugs were bothering

SmokehtheFirst
07-24-2007, 01:08 PM
How do we know that other guards don't attack you? Maybe it just happened that at these two demos only one attacked at a time, and there are combos you can pull off that take out two, maybe even three guards at once.

AoKH_newIdea
07-24-2007, 01:37 PM
You're kidding right? Before you denounce it for being unrealistic, try thinking about the situation realistically (aw, shucks, who woulda thunk it!).

Say you were in a sword fight and you had 3 other guys with you. When you start attacking the enemy, would you rather have the 3 guys behind stay close and take over if you get in trouble or swing at the enemy regardless of where you are and land a nice blow to your head? If those three guys behind you are all taking shots at the same time, there's a pretty good chance you're going to get hit (especially considering all the spinning and dodging that Assassin is doing). So your claim of the fighting system being unrealistic because the other guards don't attack at the same time is just plain ironic. You really should have thought this through...

The fighting system is realistic because the guards are aware of each other and they act accordingly. Even on the counter moves when the Assassin is wide open, there isn't enough time for one of the other guards to get their sword in there. He's moving way fast.

Yeah... as apposed to all the other games out there today that are just filled with "realism," right? </sarcasm>

Boromir323
07-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Well personally if I was a guard watching another guard get sliced and diced by some crazy guy carrying a ton of wepons, doing crazy dodges and acrobatic moves, I wouldnt exactly lunge at him as soon as he turns his back.

Altair_92
07-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Clonage2006:
Think of it this way.

Assassins creed is a woman, she wakes up in the morning and looks terrible, hair all over the place, drool on her chin, and she is yet to put on her make. That is how This game is at the moment, the devs still have to mop up all the little bits of drool and apply the makeup for a finishing touch, so She can look as beautiful as possible.

Bad simile anyone?

F*ck you. Not all women are like that. Just like all guys aren't hairy and scratch themselves (Hopefully).

PS: IT'S A DEMO! I highly doubt that the final game will have that issue. If it does then they can atleast have a ticket box and when you kill a guy you yell out the next number. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

PPS: STOP B*TCHING ABOUT EVERYTHING PEOPLE! That guy's floating, blah blah blah! IT'S NOT DONE YET! Some of you people find the dumbest things to pick at. I don't think it would ruin it's realistic feel. Fighting is a small part of the game. I'm sure that they will all attack at once in the final product of the game.

I don't think that they wanted to play the E3 07 demo in front of hundreds of people and have to fight 4 guys off at the same time. They'd probably die and they were also in a hurry. Has anyone thought about that? Perhaps they hadn't enabled it yet or took it off for the demo.

DNBProductions
07-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Clonage2006:
Think of it this way.

Bad simile anyone?

Wow man. Great analogy.

I am going to use that one in the future.

moqqy
07-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Altair_92:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clonage2006:
Think of it this way.

Bad simile anyone?

F*ck you. Not all women are like that. Just like all guys aren't hairy and scratch themselves (Hopefully).

PS: IT'S A DEMO! I highly doubt that the final game will have that issue. If it does then they can atleast have a ticket box and when you kill a guy you yell out the next number. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

PPS: STOP B*TCHING ABOUT EVERYTHING PEOPLE! That guy's floating, blah blah blah! IT'S NOT DONE YET! Some of you people find the dumbest things to pick at. I don't think it would ruin it's realistic feel. Fighting is a small part of the game. I'm sure that they will all attack at once in the final product of the game.

I don't think that they wanted to play the E3 07 demo in front of hundreds of people and have to fight 4 guys off at the same time. They'd probably die and they were also in a hurry. Has anyone thought about that? Perhaps they hadn't enabled it yet or took it off for the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im sorry to dissapoint you but all men who dont shave are hairy and yes all men scratch themselves!

ThePheonix1030
07-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by the_assassin_07:
Yeah but how would you like it if 50 guys attacked you at the same time and you kept dying?
What he said.

Keep in mind that this still is a game. In real life, no one can defeat people ganging up on them (no matter how 'big and bad' you say you are). It would be very challenging to defeat 10 guards jumping you at the same time. I don't know if this has been confirmed yet, but maybe AC will have an easy and hard mode to choose when you begin the game at the main menu. Then if you choose hard...

Well, may the force be with you...

mbs284
07-24-2007, 06:26 PM
the reason they dont all attack you at once is cuz they are honorable guards. not punk gang members. back then honor ment a lot to people(as it still should now). Is there honor in 10 guards attacking one guy? i think not.

ThePheonix1030
07-24-2007, 06:35 PM
I was also going to include that. Good point...

Seraph_394
07-24-2007, 06:51 PM
realistically, not everyone is willing to charge forward and die first. and trust me: if they all chraged at the same time, in real life they know at least one of them will probably die. does that make sense to you? they are looking for an opening. of course, this doesnt stop altair from still kicking their butts.

like it or not, people only charged blindly forward in all out wars back then, when there were ENEMIES ALL AROUND YOU. when there is one guy, anyone would typically take their time.

as for the fighting engine altogether, it looks to be one of the most challenging and intuitive (at least as intuitive as the climbing) parts of the game. not to mention realistic: when there are 6 guys trying to kill you, even a trained warrior would have to go on the defensive to survive. killing random guy after random guy rarely ever happened in real life, even with samurais and ninjas (contrary to popular belief.)

Here is my assessment of the battle system:

Timing seems to be important; pressing the right button or buttons at the right time will win you the fight, not senseless button mashing (in games where stupid enemies all attack you at the same time, and you just do some area attacks to kill them all. how about some challenge? how about something that looks fluid, realistic, cool, all at the same time? that is what assassin's creed's fighting is like. you've never seen fighting like this in a game. you can quote me on this.

If you haven't i implore everyone to watch the new assassin's creed trailer at the front pageof assassin's creed.com this is what i'm talking about. do you see how, each time, he kills/fights someone differently? do you realize how fluid it looked?

i see the maker of this thread has only one post. still. is that all you had to say about this great game? Let me rephrase: is this the first thing you wanted to say about this game to the AC community? shame on you then.

XBfreak_101
07-24-2007, 07:12 PM
To the OP, your face looks terrible.

moqqy
07-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Seraph_394:
as for the fighting engine altogether, it looks to be one of the most challenging and intuitive (at least as intuitive as the climbing) parts of the game. not to mention realistic: when there are 6 guys trying to kill you, even a trained warrior would have to go on the defensive to survive. killing random guy after random guy rarely ever happened in real life, even with samurais and ninjas (contrary to popular belief.)

when there are 6 guys trying to kill you, you run as fast as you can. basically no-one could take on 6 guys on open place.. might be possible if you use your environment really smartly. and altair is trained warrior. he's the best fighter there is in the whole world, gameplay wise, since he can take on everyone and kill everyone in single counter attack.

XM.Patriot
07-24-2007, 10:18 PM
I joined soley to say that...

I have no problem if their excuse is "Honor" or "fear" or anything else... it just doesnt LOOK like that in any way... THey stand like they are trying to walk to you with their swords out and then strafe in a unnatural NOT fluid motion... And still.

Just add a cinematic block into an exuction counter and It would look 60 times as fluid.

knife_X
07-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Well as pointed out earlier you cant have 10 guys attacking you at ones, they will injure each other then. On another note who makes a entire topic just cause you think it looks unrealistic witch it obviously isnt. It`s a game how long do you wanna go? Have electricity connected to you so if you die you get 35 amps trough both ends of your arms? Dosent get anymore realistic then that you end up just the same way.

Boromir323
07-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by knife_X:
Well as pointed out earlier you cant have 10 guys attacking you at ones, they will injure each other then. On another note who makes a entire topic just cause you think it looks unrealistic witch it obviously isnt. It`s a game how long do you wanna go? Have electricity connected to you so if you die you get 35 amps trough both ends of your arms? Dosent get anymore realistic then that you end up just the same way.

Huh? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

donuts4u
07-24-2007, 11:54 PM
well if you want the guards or enemies coming at you crazy you can probably just switch the difficulty level to hard or something.

the_assassin_07
07-25-2007, 12:47 AM
What he said.

Keep in mind that this still is a game. In real life, no one can defeat people ganging up on them (no matter how 'big and bad' you say you are). It would be very challenging to defeat 10 guards jumping you at the same time. I don't know if this has been confirmed yet, but maybe AC will have an easy and hard mode to choose when you begin the game at the main menu. Then if you choose hard...

Well, may the force be with you...

the reason they dont all attack you at once is cuz they are honorable guards. not punk gang members. back then honor ment a lot to people(as it still should now). Is there honor in 10 guards attacking one guy? i think not.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif(both of them) 100% read those two and you'll get the answer if you think the combat's terrible(which i don't).

Altair_92
07-25-2007, 12:48 AM
it would suck if you had 5 guys attacking you at once though. It only takes 1-2 hits in this game to die. That would be really hard. I guess that we'll have to see what they decide to do. Maybe have 2-3 people at most attack you at once.

the_assassin_07
07-25-2007, 12:51 AM
Yeah I know imagine it:
You: Yes!!!!! I've just assassinated him!
Guards: GET HIM!!!!!!!
You: *R.I.P*
-----------------------------

Altair_92
07-25-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by the_assassin_07:
Yeah I know imagine it:
You: Yes!!!!! I've just assassinated him!
Guards: GET HIM!!!!!!!
You: *R.I.P*

lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gifYou'd lool like Swiss cheese by the time they we're done with you. lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

XM.Patriot
07-25-2007, 01:15 AM
There problem is that some of the counter moves are way to long. Go watch the 07 E3 Gameplay trailer, and youll see what im talking about... There is one where he rolls the guy onto the ground then stabs him while he is on the ground. There is a guard right behind him with an ABSOLUTLEY clear shot with no chance of "friendly fire" for about 5 seconds.

Im not necessarily saying have them all attack you at once, im just saying make it look like there is a reason or add another animation into the combo so that while his finishing off one guy he blocks another attack in the middle. Makes it fluid.

Also, you people LOVE to get taken away with the "realistic" thing. Obviously i know its a game... Also... to piss you guys off more. The game is going to be the easiest effin game ever. I thought the free running/climbing would be challenging... Put all you have to do is hold down the button.

Altair_92
07-25-2007, 01:46 AM
Why does everyone complain so much. Look what Jade and all of Ubi have made, trying to bring you a new gaming experiance and yet you complain about little things like this? Look at what you do get and not at what you don't.

New control system

Realistic and historically acurate citys, environments, and people.

New gameplay ideas

Wonderful graphics

and much much more yet guys complain about the combat? If you want to play a game where a bunch of enemies fight you at once and don't "take turns" as said, the play the God of War series. Once you play that, then you probably wont want combat like that.

PS: Yeah it might look easy but I'm sure you'll get whooped a lot tough guy. And yes it is a game and some people take it to far when it comes to picking things apart and so on. I'm sure you'll have trouble with the game at some part. And who cares about jumping. The jumping controls have not been confirmed yet. And Ubi and Jade have been playing the game for about 4 years now, so I'm sure that's why it looked so easy. They know all of the controls and where to go.

LandoCoop
07-25-2007, 02:10 AM
Did that guy just compare a Game to a Woman?
BTWIMO you look terrible!

spenzur
07-25-2007, 02:55 AM
I know that if many guards attack you in the same time you will probaly die but you can run away.

Altair_92
07-25-2007, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by spenzur:
I know that if many guards attack you in the same time you will probaly die but you can run away.

Like i said before, you'd look like Swiss cheese. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Lando - Yes, cause he's an *ss.

LandoCoop
07-25-2007, 02:59 AM
i think the combat looks fine.

ScytheOfGrim
07-25-2007, 04:14 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

one more person with an I.Q. bigger than his shoe...now i hope the rest follow his example...

SloppyCracker
07-25-2007, 04:16 AM
i think the combat looks fine.

I came, I saw, i got killed by Altair

ScytheOfGrim
07-25-2007, 04:35 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

but i still think your I.Q. is smaller than my shoe size... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

SloppyCracker
07-25-2007, 04:38 AM
Oh yeah? *steals Scythe's scythe and runs away* You'll never get me, haha!!! *laughs like an
idiot while throwing stones at bypassers*

moqqy
07-25-2007, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Altair_92:
Why does everyone complain so much. Look what Jade and all of Ubi have made, trying to bring you a new gaming experiance and yet you complain about little things like this? Look at what you do get and not at what you don't.

New control system

Realistic and historically acurate citys, environments, and people.

New gameplay ideas

Wonderful graphics

and much much more yet guys complain about the combat? If you want to play a game where a bunch of enemies fight you at once and don't "take turns" as said, the play the God of War series. Once you play that, then you probably wont want combat like that.

PS: Yeah it might look easy but I'm sure you'll get whooped a lot tough guy. And yes it is a game and some people take it to far when it comes to picking things apart and so on. I'm sure you'll have trouble with the game at some part. And who cares about jumping. The jumping controls have not been confirmed yet. And Ubi and Jade have been playing the game for about 4 years now, so I'm sure that's why it looked so easy. They know all of the controls and where to go.

There are flaws. I like the combat, but I find it bit stupid too sometimes when a guard is behind you and doesn't try to kill you.

Also you make the team sound like noble knights:P The main reason they're doing this game is money for most of them. And considering the attention the game has got, I'm sure they'll get their reward.

Oh and, XM.Patriot, get out of here then. If you're ready to call a game easy before playing it.. WTF??

quicksilver_502
07-25-2007, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by mbs284:

i myself would rather be unhonourable but alive then honourable but dead.
but i like the combat anymay. theres nothing that isn't cool about blocking, stamping on the guys foot, smacking him in the chin with his hilt and then hacking through a guys shoulder blade and into his heart. it's a real move, saw it on some video.

moqqy
07-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by quicksilver_502:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mbs284:

i myself would rather be unhonourable but alive then honourable but dead.
but i like the combat anymay. theres nothing that isn't cool about blocking, stamping on the guys foot, smacking him in the chin with his hilt and then hacking through a guys shoulder blade and into his heart. it's a real move, saw it on some video. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh.. that reminded me.. thats bulls***! "honorable guards" yeah right.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif maybe some of them, but you forgot how people on both sides raped&massacred? that's honorable?

really, what makes you think the guards are honorable? even the police nowdays attacks together vs a lone guy.. are they not honorable?

Seanps3
07-25-2007, 10:58 AM
i think the combat looks amazing with all those combos nd stuff http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

a-secret-threat
07-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by ArrowDynamicsX:
Yeah, one problem with complete realism is that it sucks. If you want something to be 100% realistic, do it in real life. Video games are there to suspend belief and be fun. If it were to be 100% realistic, you'd only get to play through the game once, if you died once, the game disc would fry, and your face and name would be on a "Do Not Sell to This Guy, He Died" list. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

But seriously, one of the reasons they don't attack you is that you're doing some flashy moves. In real life, he would just nail them and move to the next guy, but he's doing his spinning around, stabbing, and looking really freaking cool moves instead.

if they r for suspending belief and not realism then y r they getting more realistic..

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/images/rev/gt_pro_1.jpg
gran turismo 1 vs gran turismo hd
http://static.flickr.com/106/255936813_36ebed13cd.jpg

SpyderNynja
07-25-2007, 12:53 PM
I hate these threads http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif theres a new one just like it everyday http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

KaBaW6957
07-25-2007, 02:06 PM

If Yuh Are Gonna Let Something Little Like That Ruin The Game... Then Don't Get It. =

XBfreak_101
07-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by knife_X:

Haha good point, the OP is ignorant, lets just leave him alone.

Seraph_394
07-26-2007, 02:36 PM
I joined soley to say that...

I have no problem if their excuse is "Honor" or "fear" or anything else... it just doesnt LOOK like that in any way... THey stand like they are trying to walk to you with their swords out and then strafe in a unnatural NOT fluid motion... And still.

Just add a cinematic block into an exuction counter and It would look 60 times as fluid.

uh..no it doesn't. it looks fine. it looks fluid. i dont have a problem with it. and even if i did agree with tou, that is not nearly enough incentive for me to not buy the game. how about you?

XM.Patriot
07-26-2007, 03:06 PM
I only posted this to see if it bugged anyone else that when you assassinate someone all the guards just stand their waiting till you are ready... Apparently not...

And nah, i wont buy it. I'll just rent it cause it'll take less than 20 hours to beat.

But still. If all you ahve to do to climb the highest building is hold the right trigger and a button, it wont be that fun. Push the thumbstick to one side... Oh he wont go. Push it a different direction. oh there we go, YAY I can climb to the top of the highest building so long as i dont have the finger strength of a 2 year old!

moqqy
07-26-2007, 03:11 PM
I only posted this to see if it bugged anyone else that when you assassinate someone all the guards just stand their waiting till you are ready... Apparently not...

And nah, i wont buy it. I'll just rent it cause it'll take less than 20 hours to beat.

But still. If all you ahve to do to climb the highest building is hold the right trigger and a button, it wont be that fun. Push the thumbstick to one side... Oh he wont go. Push it a different direction. oh there we go, YAY I can climb to the top of the highest building so long as i dont have the finger strength of a 2 year old!

Are you a f***** ******? I'm really pissed of how dumb people can be. HAVE YOU REALIZED THAT EVERYTHING IN VIDEO GAMES HAPPEN BY BUSHING A FREAKING BUTTON!?!?! HOW CAN YOU FLAME A VIDEO GAME FOR MAKING YOU PRESS A BUTTON TO DO SOMETHING

FSAHUf8huafsjnfa7hu http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

chewie1890
07-26-2007, 03:11 PM
While maintaining a firm grip. As you're climbing your grip starts to lessen, noticeable by the shaking of the controller or the bar on the PS3 version. Theres not a very good way to replicate climbing in a videogame. If you wanted to criticize movement why don't you say something like, "Hey it's stupid you just move the analog stick forward to run!! That's not realistic at all!" It's hard dealing with the limitations of controllers when you're attempting to make something realistic.

SCARFACE_47
07-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XM.Patriot:

Are you a f***** ******? I'm really pissed of how dumb people can be. HAVE YOU REALIZED THAT EVERYTHING IN VIDEO GAMES HAPPEN BY BUSHING A FREAKING BUTTON!?!?! HOW CAN YOU FLAME A VIDEO GAME FOR MAKING YOU PRESS A BUTTON TO DO SOMETHING

FSAHUf8huafsjnfa7hu http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know, that´s what i told gamespoot about spiderman 3, they complain about beeing spiderman and swinging around new york....DOH

BUSTALOT
07-26-2007, 04:21 PM
FOOL the combat has become my masturbation material... its just jaw dropping

SmokehtheFirst
07-26-2007, 06:24 PM
That's a TAD on the crude side, Bustalot.

And I can't think of another way to parkour other than holding one button...

Prol33tariat
07-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair_92:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clonage2006:
Think of it this way.

Bad simile anyone?

I don't think that they wanted to play the E3 07 demo in front of hundreds of people and have to fight 4 guys off at the same time. They'd probably die and they were also in a hurry. Has anyone thought about that? Perhaps they hadn't enabled it yet or took it off for the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im sorry to dissapoint you but all men who dont shave are hairy and yes all men scratch themselves! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

speak for yourself im a hairless albino and i pay someone to scratch me!

jsavo90
07-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Did anyone else notice the "digitalization" and like glowing of certain characters? is that just part of the game or a glitch in the demo? if anyone could enlighten me it would be much appreciated.

This game is my new hero.

BUSTALOT
07-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by SmokehtheFirst:

HAH and you think thats crude??

moqqy
07-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Prol33tariat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair_92:
Think of it this way.

Bad simile anyone?

im sorry to dissapoint you but all men who dont shave are hairy and yes all men scratch themselves! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

speak for yourself im a hairless albino and i pay someone to scratch me! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Altair_92, he's your dream man! I'm afraid you're too young for him thohttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

SmokehtheFirst
07-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by BUSTALOT:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SmokehtheFirst:

HAH and you think thats crude?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I do, and this is an E-rated forum.

the_assassin_07
07-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Did anyone else notice the "digitalization" and like glowing of certain characters? is that just part of the game or a glitch in the demo? if anyone could enlighten me it would be much appreciated.

This game is my new hero.
HAHAHAHA that's a good one..... no wait you're being serious http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Dude if the game is your hero how can you not know something as simple as that?!

jsavo90
07-27-2007, 12:37 PM
i dont know that one cause i just started looking at the game cause i just got xbox 360. so ive just read some articles and watched some trailers. sorry i dont know as much as you.

moqqy
07-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by jsavo90:
i dont know that one cause i just started looking at the game cause i just got xbox 360. so ive just read some articles and watched some trailers. sorry i dont know as much as you.

Oh and you should be sorry http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Nah, welcome to the forums. You'll learn!

the_assassin_07
07-27-2007, 01:32 PM
dont know that one cause i just started looking at the game cause i just got xbox 360. so ive just read some articles and watched some trailers. sorry i dont know as much as you.
Oh sorry I didn't know that you should of told me before http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.
--------------------------
They escaped Death Row, now they're on the loose.

Karl_93
07-27-2007, 02:05 PM
lol u noticed everyone being like hey jsavo90 its ok, but no one told him the answer lol.

@ jsavo90, the white flash and the numbers floating around has to do with the sci fi element of the game (yes there is a sci fi element if u didnt no.) The 'white flashyness' is the targeting system, and it also highlights important people. Hope that answered your questions! Welcome to the forums!!

Arghhhhhhh... i b eh pirate!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

srry... counldnt help myself lkol

kppgno80
07-27-2007, 10:30 PM
how can you flame a game because gaurds dont hit you when you counter? thats stupid, everygame that allows you to counter, always have gaurds standing around or circling you, e.g Lord of the rings,rise of kasai, i forget.

anyway, it would be stupid when yoour doing a counter you get hit, how would you be able to perform it then? it would be annoying.

I dont mind it, but it would be cool if your performing a combo and some else tries to attack, you could press a button and it could add the other guy to the counter like stab one guy turn around slash other guy with knife

NDDONS09
07-27-2007, 11:24 PM
also jsavo the white's gonna light up the "good guys" and the reds gonna light up the "bad guys"...im pretty sure

moqqy
07-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by kppgno80:
how can you flame a game because gaurds dont hit you when you counter? thats stupid, everygame that allows you to counter, always have gaurds standing around or circling you, e.g Lord of the rings,rise of kasai, i forget.

anyway, it would be stupid when yoour doing a counter you get hit, how would you be able to perform it then? it would be annoying.

I dont mind it, but it would be cool if your performing a combo and some else tries to attack, you could press a button and it could add the other guy to the counter like stab one guy turn around slash other guy with knife

Let's see.. If the guards hit while you're doing a combo.. Don't do the combo so they cant hit you! Woo! If there were multiple guards attacking at the same time, they should make the moves very simple and realistic ( wouldn't look so cool tho ).

NDDONS09
07-27-2007, 11:33 PM
exactly n thats wat games r about really...lookin ****in cool

kppgno80
07-27-2007, 11:41 PM
agreed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif lol this game is going to be cool, ive always been a knife person, so im going to do my cool knife moves http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif and possibly kill some civilians

ScytheOfGrim
07-28-2007, 01:40 AM
with the number of complaints about guards just staring at you, you would get the feeling that the people here seem to want another dynasty warriors on chaos mode http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif JK!!!

spenzur
07-28-2007, 03:01 AM
the combat is nearly the same as in final fantasy i know its real time but it doesnt give me that feeling. just like in pirates of the carribean at worlds end because there the guards w8 until you attack them and if you have killed one then you can kill another http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Attack one guard while the other are waiting and then another and another until you die but i think that makes it to easy. But the moves are so cool!!!!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

SloppyCracker
07-28-2007, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Karl_93:
lol u noticed everyone being like hey jsavo90 its ok, but no one told him the answer lol.

@ jsavo90, the white flash and the numbers floating around has to do with the sci fi element of the game (yes there is a sci fi element if u didnt no.) The 'white flashyness' is the targeting system, and it also highlights important people. Hope that answered your questions! Welcome to the forums!!

Arghhhhhhh... i b eh pirate!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

srry... counldnt help myself lkol

Do you want to err... be part of my pirate crew and sail to the end of the world with me? Aahrr I'm Captain SloppyCracker and you can choose what you wanna be! Haha... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif But I'll be watching ya... my last 6 crews wanted to steal my ships so i had to kill 'em... Are you in?

Karl_93
07-28-2007, 04:27 AM
arrr mayte!! so long ill be er righ an' man!! (we ca' kill the crews togethahr)

Raishou
07-29-2007, 01:29 AM
Lol. Geez..complain complain complain...why don't we ever hear the good points for what appears to be an awesome game? For all the people who think the combat is terrible and whine about it only being one on one: go play Ninja Gaiden. The intelligent mobs will be glad to eat you alive together. The point is...AC is less about fighting hordes of people and more about taking down your target as quickly as possible. You can get tons of games with a good battle system...but how many games do you get with chasing down an opponent and climbing wherever you want?

Oh right..and I'm new to the forums.

SCARFACE_47
07-29-2007, 01:40 AM
welcome (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3up1iWScaXg&mode=related&search=) welcome (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLrhBXiAvmk)
i think the people that complain about ac allready now are the same, that bashed spiderman 3 and or pirates of the caribean 3 for senseless reasons http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

pop_sot
07-29-2007, 03:14 AM
Its a great fight system as of right now which i have seen in the movies. But I still always prefer one-on-one Combat system.

Fianlly, you guys have to trust AC Team they won't disappont us. AC will be a blockbuster

ScytheOfGrim
07-29-2007, 03:26 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif<----multiply that by 3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

this game's main goal isn't to become another "kill 50 dudes and wlk away". it's "kill half a dude and RUN away".

this isnt a fighting game, we have dynasty warriors for that, it's a game where you use your brain and surroundings to give you an advantage against your enemies.

robo_turtle
07-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Karl_93:

omg that is actualy realy funny, I had a huge fit of giggles. but anyway, I think the soldiers would try one or two jabs while you are doig a finisher, even if they where auto blocked, it would look nice.

dragfindel
07-30-2007, 02:39 PM
on the ign boards this has been discussed and then ubi needs 2 combat systems one for one on one
and one for mulitple targets and that would prolly
mess up + the move numbers. this system 800 moves.
and multi system 8 moves.
and this has been awnserd by a dev on the ign boards.