PDA

View Full Version : Fb view plus help

Bluecoat
04-25-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm trying to configure the snapviews to work exactly like il-2 does. The problem is when I try to look to the left/right and up, the view goes sort of forward and up, instead of straight to the side and up. Every other view works fine tho. Anyone got some suggestions? If my description is confusing, I'll try to set up some screenies of what I'm talking about

Anyone?

Bluecoat
04-25-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm trying to configure the snapviews to work exactly like il-2 does. The problem is when I try to look to the left/right and up, the view goes sort of forward and up, instead of straight to the side and up. Every other view works fine tho. Anyone got some suggestions? If my description is confusing, I'll try to set up some screenies of what I'm talking about

Anyone?

Lurch1962
04-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Are you using a hat switch on a stick, or the keyboard? If using a stick, do you see the expected keystroke outputs when testing either with the sticks profile software or WinDoze's Notepad?

Have you verified the key commands in Controls?

Bluecoat
04-25-2008, 05:45 PM
I made this using my paint skills :P
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll188/helgiarnars/1.jpg

1: Here I'm looking back, working as intended

2: Looking back while pressing up view, working as intended

3: Looking left, working fine

4: Looking left while pressing up, here the view just goes whack. I want it to end up at nr.5 but it goes way off to nr 6.

I'm using the hat switch and the pinky button to look up. Maybe it is something in my config? Nobody else has had this problem?

Lurch1962
04-25-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't use FB view plus. Are you using the hat in DirectX mode, or do you have view commands set in IL2's Controls? If the later is the case, have you carefully reviewed the view controls as set? At any rate, knowing how this app works in conjunction with IL2 would help to diagnose the problem.

Bluecoat
04-25-2008, 06:42 PM
The program wipes the keybindings for the views in the game.

I've been messing around now for an hour, and I'm starting to think this is just a problem with how the program figures out what coordinates to use when left and up are pressed together.

This could be solved if I could figure out a way to bind both the pinky button and the left/right view hat to display the exact coordinates I choose, but no luck in figuring it out by messing around.

I think I'll just go back to default Il2. I appreciate the effort lurch, thanks.