PDA

View Full Version : Some Tombs/Temples too Farfetched?

crash3
04-07-2011, 02:18 AM
I loved the Pythagorean Temple from Da Vinci Disappearance, it showed in detail the mechanics of how each door was opened like seeing the gears grinding to open the door.

Its better to have simplicity in some mechanics like pulling levers and a door opens

Templar Lairs are brilliant-Aqua Gear was brilliant how you had to channel water to certain parts to be able to climb certain parts-its beleivable and makes sense

However the temples that had to "activated" have so far been really farfetched especiallly the one at the end of ACB

i dont think they should show some weird holographic image of those who came before but you should just simply hear a voice speaking to you which is like the spirit of theose who came before or you should read some cryptic writing as you go throught the temple tjhat helps solve puzzles or gives crucial information

fastfast
04-07-2011, 04:44 AM
if that woman wasnt there at the end of AC2 i would of gone out for a ***. she kept me quiet for a few minutes while she spurted about desmond

ThaWhistle
04-07-2011, 01:57 PM
wait... so some simple mechanical things are what you find farfetched? not that there is some thousands of years old global conspiracy controlling humanity with golden magic things that some ancient superrace created to unslave humanity and then were destroyed by a solar event?

crash3
04-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
wait... so some simple mechanical things are what you find farfetched? not that there is some thousands of years old global conspiracy controlling humanity with golden magic things that some ancient superrace created to unslave humanity and then were destroyed by a solar event?

i get wat you mean but dont you think the temple at the end of ACB was too farfetched? it had nazca lines and holographic images of a god for goodness sake!

im just sayin that i wanna see in more detail the mechanics of how say a stone wall moves to the side or planks stick out of a wall-i dont wanna just pull a lever then see something move

El_Sjietah
04-09-2011, 02:17 PM
It's built by TWCB. A species far more advanced than us modern humans. Personally, I'd find it farfetched if they used mechanics we can understand.

crash3
04-09-2011, 03:19 PM
ok maybe FARFETCHED was the wrong word to use but i think some sort of improvement needs to be done to these temples- i personally think the temples we activate should be more like the pythagorean temple-i just loved how it uses natural elements (light, wind and fire) to progress through it-plus the end of it looked pretty cool, it had a "magical" feel but more subtle whereas the temple under santa maria aracoeli that desmond visits was a bit OTT for me

monkeyuncle8
04-09-2011, 03:23 PM
so wait you dont think its realistic becuase of the holograms, and yet all of the dungeons seem to be specifically designed for ezio's skill, everything is spaced exactly were he could jump, also that none of the people working on building use ladders to get all the way up, and every building is being worked on

RzaRecta357
04-09-2011, 03:56 PM
There were no holograms. That was in Desmonds head. No one else could see it. I assume this is the same for Ezio.

Colossus_1191
04-09-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm a detail fanatic myself, so I understand where you are coming from. I often look to see if everything matches up well. For example, in the Thieves guild there are stairs that lead up to the second floor, but no door or anything actually leads to the staircase. You can look through the gate and you see it is just a dead end at the bottom of the stairs. And of course, I always find myself wondering about the convenient obstacles of the world. How did that get there? What use does it serve?

But unfortunately it is difficult to balance plausibility and fun in certain video games. That piece of wood is there so Ezio doesn't have to tediously climb to the top, and can basically run up to the top instead. Really I haven't played a climbing game that didn't have convenient obstacles.

monkeyuncle8
04-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Colossus_1191:
But unfortunately it is difficult to balance plausibility and fun in certain video games. That piece of wood is there so Ezio doesn't have to tediously climb to the top, and can basically run up to the top instead. Really I haven't played a climbing game that didn't have convenient obstacles.
Ezio meets his greatest challenge: a building that isn't under construction or crumbling