PDA

View Full Version : pilot kill - how to recognize in offline missions?

freakvollder
11-30-2010, 11:24 AM
It sounds like a stupid question, but how can one recognize a pilot kill in offline missions? Is it, when the plane goes down and the AI-pilot doesn't bail out - sure it is, or? But the controls could be damaged and the airplane is to fast that bailing out is not possible for the AI-pilot. Is there a tool to "mark" hits on the airplane by viewing the track or so?

greetings

S

JtD
11-30-2010, 11:27 AM
The easiest way is to set Arcade=1 in the conf.ini.

thefruitbat
11-30-2010, 11:55 AM
gore mod.

see him slumped in his cockpit with blood splattered around in the cockpit.

PhantomKira
11-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by freakvollder:
Is it, when the plane goes down and the AI-pilot doesn't bail out... But the controls could be damaged and the airplane is to fast that bailing out is not possible for the AI-pilot.

True on both accounts. The AI, it seems, will not fly in un-coordinated flight, regardless. This means that very slight amounts of damage could be fatal, since, while attempting to maintain coordinated flight, level flight is not possible given the current battle damage. The pilot may be just fine. I've had any number of kills this way; as well as loosing numerous wingmen to ridiculously minor battle damage.

Online is another story, with human pilots that WILL fly uncoordinated, and thus the minimum damage is just that, minimum. A hassle, to be sure, but no killer.

I've seen a number of times, an aircraft going down fast with the canopy jettisoned, but the pilot can not get out due to excessive airspeed.

K_Freddie
12-01-2010, 06:20 AM
You'll notice the plane suddenly 'twitches' then flies as if it's controls are locked.

Arcade is the only thing, as the holes you see in game without arcade are just general damage graphics, not the actual hits.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

freakvollder
12-01-2010, 11:36 AM
I thank you all for the help! I've tested the Arcade=1 mode and it seems to be a good helping-tool.

I do not know it exactly anymore but there is a kind of flash/lightning over the cockpit in the moment the pilot is killed. I saw this in one ntrk-track for a while but I am not sure.

S

M_Gunz
12-01-2010, 12:44 PM
You can make tracks with Arcade=0 and view them with Arcade=1 and see the full details in playback while able to pause, jump view and switch to slow-motion before starting back up. Doing that helped me with my gunnery more than 100%.

DKoor
12-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by thefruitbat:
gore mod.

see him slumped in his cockpit with blood splattered around in the cockpit. Gore 1 doesn't work for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif .

thefruitbat
12-01-2010, 05:56 PM
yeah, unfortunately its a mod, in conjunction with gore=1

As the dangerdogz fly with UP2.01, i've installed it as well, and only this evening we were flying stratodog's excellent nine lives campaign as co-ops which i've been hosting as a full squadron strength (12 plane) event for us, and i was behind a 109 who was going vertical, sprayed the cockpit, and was rewarded with the sight of a bit of claret in the cockpit and the pilot slumped forward, job done!