PDA

View Full Version : 4.08 config file graphics questions

Duckmeister
01-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Been customizing IL-2 quite a bit, read through most of the guides over at M4T, and still can't find an explanation of the different settings in the config file. I realize that M4T has that whole config guide, but when it comes to the "forests, sky, etc." part of the Render_OpenGL section.

So, I need to know what the different settings are for the Render_OpenGL section of the config file and what each and every one of them are, not just a few.

Urufu_Shinjiro
01-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Any particular entries you're interested in?

Duckmeister
01-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Shadows, MeshDetail, VisibilityDistance, Sky, Forest, Land Shading, Land Detail, to be specific.

Urufu_Shinjiro
01-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Shadows can be set to 0,1, or 2. 0 being no shadows, 1 being hard solid black shadows, and 2 being more realistic shadows. Forest can be 0,1,2, or 3. 0-2 being varying amount of detail in the large forest textures (higher the number the more detailed the texture) and 3 adds many fully 3d trees to the landscape, though sometimes where they don't belong and the forest=3 added trees aren't solid but they sure look nice. As for the other I'm not sure but perfect mode selected ingame should set them at their highest values.

One way to determine the highest value of a conf.ini item is to set it one number up from where it is and run the game, if that number is higher than the highest value allowed it will automatically be set back to the default value next time you open conf.ini.

Duckmeister
01-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Thank you especially for the forest one. Greatly apreciated.