PDA

View Full Version : What do you think Drivers specialties are?

smiler_16
06-23-2008, 03:18 PM
What do you think Driver has which no other game can compare with?

And can you think of any ways to improve these features anymore?

I like to think that some of the smaller signature features are what makes Driver stand out above the crowd!

Such as the Burnout feature and the style of driving

and I think that more Drifting around corners could add to the fun of Driver!

driver_madness
06-24-2008, 05:53 AM
What do you think Drivers specialties are?

The unique close sense of realism achieved with these vehicles.
Great use of vehicle dynamics (I hope for more realism in this sector) (Drifiting which we noticed more in Driver: Parallel Lines was excellent)
Great physics (with a newer generation hopefully we can have more realism in this sector too, particularly with damage affecting the cars)
Film Director (I love making my own replays, but will I like it if it were a major sacrifice to the games performance/abilities?)

The way I sometimes feel like I'm the driver in a movie like "Bullitt". (I hope they can increase this feeling, with the addition of realistic screeching sounds like the ones we herd in the d3 trailers)

The way they create fun trailers (music video type things) which I can watch a million times. Using high peaks in amplitude to perform a certain action (like crashing).

Style and Action! 

And some of the interesting quotes I here in the dialogue, like;

Tanner: If I come here to kill you, you'd be dead!

Tanner: What do you know about a guy named Rudy?
Mojo: Rudy? I don't know no Rudy.
|{Tanner gives him money}|
Mojo: Oh, that Rudy! He don't like you at all, man. If your brakes ain't workin', he's the cat who knows why.

InsaneDriver06
06-27-2008, 07:08 PM
The way the cars control. It feels like the weight shifting plays a big role in the handling, braking and acceleration, especially Emergency Brake turns. The check list of tricks from Driver 1 says a lot about why I feel Driver is one of the best Driving engines on any system. I like the bikes, but they could use more flexibility/responsiveness on par with say Midnight Club 3.

smiler_16
07-09-2008, 04:11 AM
Well I've just made a new video for Youtube, and personally, I think its my best Driver video yet!!

It was designed to show the best features of the Driver Games!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyH0bcrKgOQ

*EDIT*

Well to be honest I think my best Video has still got to be 'Push The Driver'.

driver_madness
07-11-2008, 10:17 PM
I haven't been able to watch it yet because of my damn, internet connection. (I did watch the first 30bseconds without sound) and I thought today or tommorow I might work on a similar video. Proably something fairly short since I don't have much editing time avaliable.