PDA

View Full Version : Availability of Battle over Europe & the Last Days

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Does anybody out there know if the above titles are available in Australia & if they are how can I purchase them, I do enjoy taking on P51Ds, P47s & anything else Allied

Targ
06-24-2005, 09:12 PM
The last days can be found at Matrix Games (http://matrixgames.com)
They have a download version so no shipping costs or hassles.

YAKMAN1968
06-24-2005, 10:03 PM
I got BoE from Harvey Norman @ Aspley Brisbane. Cost the same as I paid for FB & PF, about $60 I think.

tagTaken2
06-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Battle over Europe shouldn't be a problem unless you're out in WoopWoop... EB, or Harvey Norman?

Don't know about Last Days.

FlatSpinMan
06-25-2005, 04:03 AM
Just download it from matrix Games. I'm in Japan and that was the easiest way to get it. had no problems that tankeriv (maker) hasn't quickly sent me a patch for.

====================================

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Thank you people

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2005, 06:16 AM
People
I would be interested in your opinions on Battle over Europe expantion pack as, thanks to your input I have been able to locate the game in Aspley Brisbane. I run AEP 2.04 do you know if BOE will install over this with no problem. Also do you have the plane selection ability available as you do in AEP campaigns ( North, centre & South)

Opinions of The Last Days are welcome, cant track that one down in Aus yet, anybody in Australia got a hard copy?

clipper2
07-06-2005, 06:37 AM
I bought Battle over Europe from The Gamesmen in Wollongong NSW. Yeah-about the same price as Forgotten Battles or Pacific Fighters.

dieg777
07-06-2005, 07:03 AM
reviews of both games with additional sources here

http://www.airwarfare.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=26&sid...2e5e4af270c4c934b2a1 (http://www.airwarfare.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=26&sid=b2af89bb348a2e5e4af270c4c934b2a1)

BOE and TLD will install over Il2fb + aep or IL2fb+aep+pf

TLD is available for download - better if you have isdn as it is a big download.

hope this helps

-HH-Quazi
07-06-2005, 09:08 AM
BOE will install over any version of the game as long as AEP is already installed. I install BOE after patching to 4.01m for the merged PF/FB/AEP when I do a clean install. And imho, if you are intested in the western front of operations in the European Theatre, then you will not be disappointed. I am gald you have located it.

As far as The Last Days, the Matrix Games link above is where you need to go. You can download it and request a hard disk copy to be shipped to you. Beware though, the mission descriptions and briefings are written in German, which is something I am hoping the patch that will be released will fix for the English speaking m8's. So far, I have not flown any of them, with the exception of the first online coop that I painstakingly translated to understand the missions objectives.

I am impressed with BANZAI, the PF add-on available at Matrix Games. So far per mine and our squads Saturday night coops, it has the most interesting mix of online coops. It also has 90 single mission for the Austrailian Air Force that are a hoot. I have been turning those into coops for our squads enjoyment also. It also has many offline single player campaigns to fly. It reads like it is only a PF standalone add-on. But it works with the stand alone and merged versions, as long as PF is a part of the mix.