PDA

View Full Version : damage crew manegement

capthavoc
03-18-2005, 07:44 PM
i was in game just now and after been DC several time i noticed the red ! next to some men
i search the manual for it but could not find anything for it.
well i geus there hurt or something
now i had as clean fully functional comparement read to surve as sick bay

is there a way to heal the men ? by giving then some rest etc and swapping duties ???

one other thing i noticed my torp load time i took some guys out of the front torp room to help out with repairs
and of course i noticed the load stop so after a while i put then back loading time 1:54 but it never changed after that
what happen ?

ParaB
03-18-2005, 07:54 PM
The red exclamation mark means your men are tired. Send them to their bunks to get some rest.

If your men don't finish loading the torpedos you need more men.

Pr0metheus 1962
03-18-2005, 07:55 PM
The red ! means that the man is tired or under stress. Drag them to the crew rest compartments and they'll be fine.

Each fighting compartment (torpedo rooms, control room, engine rooms) need enough rested men in order to operate properly. If there aren't enough men, or if too many of them are tired, you'll need to replace them with well-rested men.

TonyPiech
03-18-2005, 08:13 PM
I haven't played any missions other than those in the Naval Academy, however is there a way to automatically cycle men who are tired with those in the "rest quarters"? I'm somewhat tired myself in baby sitting the crew. I don't believe that in real-life the sub commander had to personally tell crew to go to rest quarters or tell the rested crew that he should relieve a fellow ship-mate. I like crew management by the commander whe he wants to get involved in this task during emergencies or special circumstances. But to spend time baby-sitting the entire crew is ridiculous. Hopefully this is just occuring in the Naval Academy senarios and not in the campaign or single missions.

TonyPiech
03-19-2005, 06:44 AM
I'm "bumping" to get comments on my above post concerning the necessity of "baby-sitting" the crew. Is the only option to avoid doing this, going to time-compression at x32 or above?

It would be nice to incorporate a feature to disable crew management activity whie in-game. Maybe in Patch 2.

Pr0metheus 1962
03-19-2005, 07:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TonyPiech:
It would be nice to incorporate a feature to disable crew management activity whie in-game. Maybe in Patch 2. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a way around it, to a certain extent. The little buttons in the crew view rearrange your crew based on their fatigue level. Choose 'cruise' to get the most crew rested as possible, and every time there's a crew issue (e.g. "not enough men in engine compartment") hit the button and your crew will be rearranged.

I agree that it's a pain in the neck having to do this every few hours. I hope, in a future patch, that they institute some way that this can be done automatically, because this will rapidly become an annoyance if it's not fixed.

Nomble
03-19-2005, 07:41 AM
The patrols are 90% of watching the crew management screen. I wish I got paid for this.

El_OSO
03-19-2005, 11:56 AM
The thing that bugs me most about babysitting the crew is when you speed up the time to get through the mission the crew's state doesn't change. It is like the whole thing is out of synch.

So in order to rest my crew at this point I have to play the game at normal speed and babysit them. This portion of the game definitely needs to have an automation option.