PDA

View Full Version : 4.071 Dedicated server problems

billy885
01-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Hello all,

Not sure where to post this so I will post here. Sure someone will move it if need be.

Ivan, about the new Beta 4.071, yes it did work for me and it is running online as we speak. Found a few bugs that I need to point out to the powers to be hoping they can work them out for the final version.

First off it loads very slow on my server, takes over 10 minutes to go from execting the "il2fb.exe" file to being able to load the mission and join the game. After that everything runs fine no trouble at all and thanks for that.

Only other problem I have found it that the "f/file" command will not find any files that only have 2 letters or numbers in the file name. Example: will not find a file name "ce" or "de" but will find them if I just add an extension like "ce.ldr" or "de.ldr". It will also find files with 3 letters also with no problems.

Thanks for a great sims you all and as I just got the "client" version I dont know anything about it yet.

Thanks in advance.

billy885
01-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Hello all,

Not sure where to post this so I will post here. Sure someone will move it if need be.

Ivan, about the new Beta 4.071, yes it did work for me and it is running online as we speak. Found a few bugs that I need to point out to the powers to be hoping they can work them out for the final version.

First off it loads very slow on my server, takes over 10 minutes to go from execting the "il2fb.exe" file to being able to load the mission and join the game. After that everything runs fine no trouble at all and thanks for that.

Only other problem I have found it that the "f/file" command will not find any files that only have 2 letters or numbers in the file name. Example: will not find a file name "ce" or "de" but will find them if I just add an extension like "ce.ldr" or "de.ldr". It will also find files with 3 letters also with no problems.

Thanks for a great sims you all and as I just got the "client" version I dont know anything about it yet.

Thanks in advance.

BillyTheKid_22
01-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Howdy!!! My name is Billy!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Better v4.071m!!!! you got v4.071m? yes or no?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://members.cox.net/bkid/pacificfighters/p39.jpg

.................................................. ..............

"All I got was a bellyful of English Channel."

billy885
01-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Hello Billy and mine too, name is Billy.

Yes, I am using the 4.071m dedicated server version.