PDA

View Full Version : X52 Solutions and Query

Firestorm07
04-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Ok, so for the deadzone problems so far, people have posted the follwing on SimHQ, Saitek and here:

1. Minimise deadzones in the Saitek Control Panel, Maximise in-game sliders or RTS settings for the controller.

2. Purchase a serial number over S00245477 so as to have new firmware. The serial number is only shown on the bottom of the stick, you've got to open it before you purchase!)

So lucky those that have had no problems, or resolve theirs. Here's my issue:

I cannot assign HOTAS prop pitch to any of the sliders or rotaries in the PF Controls window! All other settings are recognised, this one isnt! Any ideas?

WB_Outlaw
04-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Check to make sure the slider and rotaries are not setup to send keystrokes.

-Outlaw.

Firestorm07
04-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Outlaw, thanks for the reply but I dont think it's a setting in the controller for the stick, because the sliders / rotaries will accept other Hotas commands, just not prop pitch.

It's as if PF isnt registerring prop pitch (and now brakes) as definable in the HOTAS section.

Any other ideas?

Ritter_Cuda
04-10-2005, 09:16 PM
don't have answer but i have the X45 throttle (with NO software) hooked up and have trim on one dail and prop pitch on the other just useing the Game HOTAS
Cuda

Tully__
04-11-2005, 04:56 AM
Check in Windows Game Controller properties to make sure the slider is actually working.

Te_Vigo
04-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Have you got TIR?
If so you might be better of using the hatswitch on the stick for prop pitch. This where I have mine and I have trim set on the throttle rotaries.
I find trimming rather cumbersome and time consuming ingame on switch or rotary. The thumb rotary is easier for me to use, as my thumb remembers roughly where the spot is and fine adjust from there. Easier for increasing slightly, the nose down trim when diving in on ground targets or B'n'Z.

I just tried to assign pitch to the small rotary on the throttle (the one with the "I" button on it. Thumb Rotary.) and it accepted the assignment.
I did this in HOTAS in game panel. I did not have my profile active at the time.

But my scroll wheel, will not accept any command, yet it registers as OK in driver panel.

Deadzone? set the deadzone in the stick's driver panel to take care of the small sloppies in the centred postion.
Get the stick working as it should first, then play with other ingame settings, should you have the need.
At least this works for me.

Firestorm07
04-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the advice all, but please note - it isnt that I cant assign a HOTAS function to the rotaries, the problem is:

I cant assign the PROP PITCH HOTAS function to any of my controllers in the game's Controls window.

I'm doing this as a New (Second) Pilot profile, I dont want to mess up my main one. Is there a chance this is where the problem lies?