PDA

View Full Version : little but annoying problem

jojoshooter
03-31-2006, 06:40 AM
Online, whenever i join a coop or dogfight, i miss the briefing text. I see the map, can choose side, plane and load-out but i dont see any briefing text. In an online war i can always ask my squad what the goals are because we use TeamSpeak. But with no squad-members around it's a different story.

However, when i host, there is no problem. Then i do see the text! Strange problem.

I reinstalled the game already 4 times (with deleting all the Register-entries! otherwise the problem keeps existing!), but i am hoping for some useful answers here..

Anybody..?
jojoshooter, online AKA 1.JaVA_Jojo

jojoshooter
03-31-2006, 06:50 AM
seems im not http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/9901064824 the only one..

Iron_Hand1
03-31-2006, 07:14 AM
Can you see it after you pick your plane? sometimes on servers with objectives I cannot see the brief until a base and plane are chosen.

S~

Woutii
03-31-2006, 07:43 AM
If I may speak for Jojoshooter...

he still hassn't any brieving when he has chosen a plane..

he is always asking us for the mission targets and stuff..

but still its very irritating he hasn't his brieving.. especially when he is flying alone..

jojoshooter
03-31-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Iron_Hand1:
Can you see it after you pick your plane? sometimes on servers with objectives I cannot see the brief until a base and plane are chosen.

S~

No, that makes no difference

Tully__
03-31-2006, 06:40 PM
Sometimes the briefing screen can be "scrolled up" so that text isn't visible. Try clicking in the briefing text area then pressing PgeUp or PgeDown keys a few times.

Crash_Moses
03-31-2006, 07:27 PM
I have a similar problem where I can see the first part of the brief after I've chosen my base but the rest is blank and I can't scroll down.

Going into the customize aircraft menu and then back out fixes the problem.

Hope that helps.

S!

antifreeze
04-02-2006, 12:17 PM
I have a similar problem where I can see the first part of the brief after I've chosen my base but the rest is blank and I can't scroll down. Going into the customize aircraft menu and then back out fixes the problem.

That's a normal bug that everyone gets. It has been in the game for a long time. It depends on the length of the briefing and the resolution used to view it. Picking a plane on the arming screen and returning to the briefing is the correct workaround.

JoJo, can you confirm that the mission 'properties' files are being successfully uploaded to your mission cache? Also, does the problem exist offline, or only online?

jojoshooter
04-03-2006, 05:47 AM
Antifreeze: this problem only occurs online when i join. When i host everything is fine. So that includes a "yes" to your question if the properties files are uploaded to the mission cache.
So it has nothing to do with the bug others describe.

Anyway, i appreciate the given comments very much! Thanx for that.
But i guess there's no known way of solving it, so i do my 5th. reinstall of the whole game..got nothing better to do anyway!