PDA

View Full Version : The future is yours! (god, how cheesy)

Dawnfang
05-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Hey all,

I know that by submitting this post I'm entering dangerous territory; After all, speculation-threads have a high risk of being closed down... however, am I man who likes to live on the wild-side, so I'll take the risk!

Let's talk about the future-element. Probably people have spoken about this before on this forum, but apperantly that discussion died, so let's start again. What do you think the future-element will be? Do you think you're some special agent who has to kill someone in the past to change the history because otherwise the future will be doomed? I for one find a plot like that rather cheesy... dull and uncreative to say the least!

Or could it be a new game one can play in the future? Imagine: you step in this time-machine to go on a rampage in an other era... would be a bit awkward if someone kills your grandpa by accident... but hey, that's just part of the game...

Anyhoo, what do you guys think?

Baelzath
05-29-2007, 12:09 PM
I believe the future element is the idea of a genetic memory - that you can, under certain circumstances, access memories of your ancestors.
As a result of this, the future element is a decendant of Altair in the modern day, and you are playing through Altairs memories which have been passed down through the gene pool.
There has also been mention of a far reaching conspiracy - ie that the people that you are assassinating are involved in something that could affect the present day.

First-Endever
05-29-2007, 12:16 PM
I think, that this has no reason to be spoken of as of now, the first hasn't even came out yet, wait till the first Assassins Creed comes out, beat it, and then we can all talk about it, I am not saying this is a bad thread, I am only saying that it is a bit to early for it.

And as for my post, I have absolutely no idea what the next one in the Trilogy would be like, but I definatley think that you are not some sort of agent, but just a casual person, that is some what an anarchist.

sladevi
05-29-2007, 12:16 PM
She specifically said it is not time travel in a few of the recent interviews.

My guess was also that you were somehow reliving old memories or something, but I'm not a big fan of that idea. If you are only reliving memories, then the actions you take have no real effect on anything in the real world, which kinda sucks I think.

First-Endever
05-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Actually, it is research done by genetics, and viewing the past, While hooked up to some machine.

They view the past by genetics some how, and that's all we really know.

Dawnfang
05-29-2007, 12:56 PM
@ First-Endever,

Are you saying that the future-element doesn't play a significant role in the first part of the trilogy?

First-Endever
05-29-2007, 01:00 PM
No, I am saying that no one really wants to discuss this matter until the game is out, because we already discussed all we can out of it. And we all know what there is to know at this point in time.

Why do you think more people haven't posted in this thread yet?

It does play a significant role, but we will not know or care about it any more until we either get more info, or till the game comes out.

Dawnfang
05-29-2007, 01:10 PM
... what's the point of speculating about the future-element once the game is released? After all, as soon as the game is released, we don't have to speculate about it right?

But hey, sorry for making this thread than... I thought it was a fun way to kill some time, but if it's to annoying for you, than I can only hope they will lock it down soon...

Again, sorry for me wasting your time. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

First-Endever
05-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Nah, it doesn't annoy me, I just think this has already been beat to death so far, so nobody will really give any more opinions or thoughts, if they even decide to post at all.

rubent1981
05-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by: Baelzath

I believe the future element is the idea of a genetic memory - that you can, under certain circumstances, access memories of your ancestors.
As a result of this, the future element is a decendant of Altair in the modern day, and you are playing through Altairs memories which have been passed down through the gene pool.
There has also been mention of a far reaching conspiracy - ie that the people that you are assassinating are involved in something that could affect the present day.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Geez that is probably the best first post i've ever seen, its good to see someone post after doing some research instead of making a new topic asking if it wil have multiplayer or if anyone knows the release date.

Back on topic, i agree with the genetic memory stuff, being able to see your ancestors memory.

Lhorkan
05-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Baelzath is right. All of that has been confirmed to (somewhere http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif ).

JCtheMC
05-29-2007, 02:48 PM
First off, the AC story world is heavily influenced by the way the story world in the Da Vinci Code was built (using historical facts and a using very free interpretation of those to build a story about a conspiracy that lasted almost 2000 years).

Now, we already know that Ubi is planning a Trilogy (or even more) of AC games. We also know that during the game, Altair discovers that there are big things going on; a mysterious organisation is involved in some kind of conspiracy. We also have been teased on the genetic memory thing, and that Altair's death is a "system error".

Now, my theory is that the player is a young man or woman who comes from a long bloodline of assassins and has come to the age where it is time to join the cause your family has been fighting for centuries.

This effort is run by an organisation (i'm guessing a modern rendition of Altair's organisation) with a lot of financial and scientific means. After you're recruited by them, you'll go into a training program a la the Matrix.

This training program is what we've been looking at for the last couple of months. Living Altair's life is what's considered "basic training" for the main character, who will do his/her actual killing in the present day. The story will also develop on 2 levels: in current day, and the "simulation" or past.

I'm expecting AC 2 will take place somewhere between 1191 and the year in which AC 1 was actual set.

The end game (Assassin's Creed 3) will probably be putting the final nail in the coffin of the mysterious organisation that the assassin's have been fighting against for centuries. This might be the first game you completly play as the (still unnamed) main character.

Ps. Ubisoft has already stated that they're very serious about AC's story, so i'm expecting something that will have substance and well-developed main characters which will be around for the full run.

rubent1981
05-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Well i agree with you on the first part,but i do not think that some modern organisation is running a training thing on someone, I think its a laboratory who has picked random people to test their genetic memory machine on and they accendtly discover that the person's ancestors where assassins, starting off with Altair. Maybe in the sequel you will play Altair's father or other family. Its just a thought.

bobbylucifer1
05-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Jade has already mentioned that the game has nothing to do with the matrix, so any theories relating to that fall apart. i personally am happy to wait for the game to come out to find out some of the answers, but the genetic memory theory seems like a good candidate.

Boromir323
05-29-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm expecting AC 2 will take place somewhere between 1191 and the year in which AC 1 was actual set.

I wouldnt count on it, Jade said that the series would be going places not necesarilly contained to Altair's life.

danirivera12
05-29-2007, 09:03 PM
I think that on AC you will just be lik,e in any other game, the caracter, not a men going to the past and transforming into someone else and doing missions so that someone putts him on the machine of time and go back, cmon i think its just that, your altair... on the future versions of AC i dunno

Dawnfang
05-30-2007, 02:19 AM
Whatever it is, I hope the game will be authentic, meaning that I don't want to see futuristic weapons (or worse: monsters) in the past. I just want to fight with swords, that's it, not with beamrifles, laserswords or gravity-guns...

bobbylucifer1
05-30-2007, 04:04 AM
again, Jade has mentioned this already - no monsters or anything of the sort will be in the game and so i VERY highly doubt any modern weaponry will make it in either.

Georg_Maximus
05-30-2007, 06:18 AM
The genetic memory-thing seems a bit too far-fetched to me, and I truly hope the medieval/modern-thingy is something quite different. It's not necessarily more far-fetched than time travel, which they used successfully in PoP: WW, but because this was a pure adventure game with no links to historic reality, it worked. With AC, it seems that Ubi has worked to make the game as historically accurate as possible, and it would be strange if they were to put anything resembling such a crazy concept as genetic memory into it. It really doesn't need to be a modern-day Altair in the game at all, but any other modern individual looking back on medieval history and exploring the secret societies in that era.

bobbylucifer1
05-30-2007, 06:41 AM
thats basically what the genetic memory theory is - it won't really have anything to do with modern day stuff (at least not anywhere near the beginning of the game) they are just looking back at what happened in the past using "genetic memory". anything futuristic or modern will probably be reserved for the second or third games in the series. it isn't meant to be a modern day altair - just the concept behind the game is currently thought to be that you are looking into the genetic memory of one of altairs descendants. i seriously doubt it'll alter the game in any way - at least not till the end.

PapaJoey
06-16-2007, 09:45 PM
I dont know if some of you know this but at the end of the gameplay demo a woman appears standing over you in a scientist robe. I like Baelzath's theory.