PDA

View Full Version : 4.01/2 vs 4.03...notice the difference?

Grey_Mouser67
02-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Another thread thanking Oleg...maybe a little different spin.

While there are a few things that were not yet addressed, I can see, hear and feel a signficant difference in the tone of the forums on this patch....Oleg, you've out done yourself on this patch...maybe your best effort and a big thanks from me and many others!

There will be opportunities, whining...some of it founded and some not, but there is no doubt as I peruse these message boards that Oleg has satisfied the largest group of his faithful yet!

Congrats...it is a very hard thing to do!

Grey_Mouser67
02-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Another thread thanking Oleg...maybe a little different spin.

While there are a few things that were not yet addressed, I can see, hear and feel a signficant difference in the tone of the forums on this patch....Oleg, you've out done yourself on this patch...maybe your best effort and a big thanks from me and many others!

There will be opportunities, whining...some of it founded and some not, but there is no doubt as I peruse these message boards that Oleg has satisfied the largest group of his faithful yet!

Congrats...it is a very hard thing to do!

faustnik
02-10-2006, 05:24 PM
I noticed the same thing. Good call Mouser. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

stansdds
02-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I'm sure happy about the decrease in the inflight wobble and desynching the 50 cal machine guns. I'd still like a Solomon Islands map, but a big thanks for the fixes in the 4.03 patch!

VW-IceFire
02-10-2006, 06:28 PM
While 4.01 was an interesting experience...4.02 was absolutely horrid from day 1 for me and I was just never pleased flying it. 4.03 changes all of that...this is quite possibly the best in a while. 4.01 was cool but 4.03 I think refines on the good stuff that we've seen before while adding a ton of content and fixing alot of problems I was having.

I'm pleased and impressed! Well done.

WWMaxGunz
02-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Maybe more will think of two things.

1) The sim and game are still works in progress.

2) No PC flight sim can be perfect.

Grey_Mouser67
02-10-2006, 10:33 PM
When I saw Oleg's post about the Fw high boost to come at a later date and his response to billfish...I knew something was different.

Never did I think we'd get the extra Fw yet, but It seemed like instead of having issues with resources, he was committed to fixing stuff...the climb rate on the K4, the speed of the P-47D, the HMG's....yes there are still P38 issues that I was dissappointed werent fixed and the radiators still don't work, but by and large, both fans of red and blue got some goodies and the patch was a step forward for both sides...seldom have we seen that in other patches.

Now the Fw 190A4 1.42, Spit MkV +16, P-51D+25 and corrected climb rates, Mossie +25, Tempest +11 and for kicks and giggles a P-38J and L with proper elevators and corrected climb rate!

What do ya think http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

LEXX_Luthor
02-10-2006, 11:05 PM
MiG-3 1940 seems harder to fly (still needs to be much harder http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif ). Or maybe its me not flying FB much anymore. Either way, I like the more challenging feeling.