PDA

View Full Version : Runied by consols

doogerie
02-27-2009, 02:51 AM
what type of games have consols runined.For me it's:FPS and to a lesser extent Racing.

You are probly wondering why i am asking this. It's because HAwkx is coming out soon and is being pushed hevly on the concols also IL2 is bringing out a concols only version of there game, and i am worried that the next game type to bite the dust will be flight sims http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

jamesblonde1979
02-27-2009, 07:43 AM
Don't have a console. Don't even have a TV...

Why am I posting here???

No idea, lol.

iroseland
02-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Once MS decided they wanted to market the Mechwarrior series on Xbox the quality fell through the floor. Also, Deus Ex 2 went from PC only to PC + console. The result was a very seriously dummed down game.. Kind of sad since the first one was pretty fun.

BSS_AIJO!

Bo_Nidle
02-27-2009, 09:57 AM
My youngest lad has had the demo for "Hawkx". I thought it was just another "Ace Combat" with inferior graphics. It's just another arcade shooter to me.

I await the console IL2 with curiosity.

However no console can compete with the immersion of a PC when it comes to flight sims.

SeaFireLIV
02-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Hmmm. PC Games ruined by consoles...

1. Rainbow 6 Las Vegas, etc. Compared to the originally Rainbow Six games, the present ones are a shadow of their former selves. Six becomes three. Weapons can be chosen anywhere and are unrealistic. No SAS Iranian Embassy-style pre-planning any more. AI spawns rather than actually be where they naturally moved to, etc, etc.

2. Hells Highway PC. Destroyed by console. Nothing compared to the previous Brothers in Arms Earned In Blood. A major blowout.

3. Oblivion. Ruined by consoles. Saved by the fact that it can be modded, but a lot of work.

4.Fear 2. The first one wasn`t too bad. The second decided to add check points, be less scary and lasted a very, very short time. Some nice first-person hand-to-hand combat though. Still not worth it.

Hmmm... That`s about it for now...

danjama
02-27-2009, 11:48 AM
2. Hells Highway PC. Destroyed by console. Nothing compared to the previous Brothers in Arms Earned In Blood. A major blowout.

Agree 110%. I bought BiAHH on release for my PS3 and it sucked. It sucked sooooooo hard i traded it 2 days later after it frustrated me how bad it was. On the other hand i still play Earned in blood to this day, it gives me orgasms http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I think people will always worry about consoles taking over but i dont think it is necessary. The PC is simply a more compatible platform for many game types, including FPS's and Flight Sims. Not sure about racing though as i find that certain racing games on PS3 are excellent with a wheel e.g. Ferrari Challenge or GT5p. But go and play a game like Red Orchestra and it just would not be do-able on a console. There's way too many functions. Also with regards to flight sims....there aren't many joysticks for consoles, and even if there were, what about all the other functions that need a keyboard?! No need to worry. I think PC games are more popular still than anybody lets on.

Col.BBQ
02-27-2009, 12:14 PM
I think FEAR 2 is a much better game than FEAR 1 due to the better gameplay pace and smoother weapon selection and the visor system is a great help compared to FEAR 1`basic hud. FEAR 1 seems to lasts longer because it was so boring during the 2nd office complex (and the whack-a-mole sniper mission at the end of that was a laugh)

SeaFireLIV
02-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by danjama:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

I think people will always worry about consoles taking over but i dont think it is necessary. The PC is simply a more compatible platform for many game types, including FPS's and Flight Sims. Not sure about racing though as i find that certain racing games on PS3 are excellent with a wheel e.g. Ferrari Challenge or GT5p. . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For me there are two kind of games that are worth buying a console for. The beat-Em up and the car racer, especially the beat em up.

I have yet to see a beat-em-up like Tekken or dead or Alive that the PC can match. The PC can do it, it`s just the mindset keeps them strictly to console or makes only a half-assed attempt to make them good on a PC.

Some PC games are clearly not workable on a console without major changes. Which isn`t really a problem. The problem comes when a traditionally PC game gets made with the console first in mind. Then you end up with a game on the PC that`s woeful.

But at the end of the day, it all comes down to money and obviously some of these guys get more money from those who will buy dumbed down than those who won`t.

Ba5tard5word
02-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Hopefully Street Fighter IV for pc is fun.

I really liked the first Rainbow 6 Vegas, I found the campaign and terrorist hunt to be a lot of fun, though I haven't played any previous R6 games. R6 Vegas 2 was terrible, the single-player campaign is really boring and repetitive and the changes to terrorist hunt are all really annoying and frustrating.

Low_Flyer_MkIX
02-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Wow - Dead or Alive. Had lots of fun with that on my old Dreamcast. Cutting edge stuff in it's day.

SeaFireLIV
02-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Low_Flyer_MkIX:
Wow - Dead or Alive. Had lots of fun with that on my old Dreamcast. Cutting edge stuff in it's day.

Still pretty good on my old Xbox with the ultimate edition.