PDA

View Full Version : Battle for Britain



cfcporter1962
11-28-2008, 01:53 AM
Any ideas when the 'Battle for Britain'
(as advertised in the IL-2 1946 DVD)
will be released?

Uncle_Stranger
11-28-2008, 01:55 AM
Two weeks, be sure.

M_Gunz
11-28-2008, 03:45 AM
It's still a good ways from release. Some players might even start high school by then.

knightflyte
11-28-2008, 03:52 AM
Last report regarding a release date is 4th quarter 2009..... probably around X Mas.

Player_43
11-28-2008, 06:11 AM
It's a labour of love simulation, so normally it should be released around 9 months after they've started the labour. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

rnzoli
11-28-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by M_Gunz:
Some players might even start high school by then. ...or even retire...

M_Gunz
11-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by rnzoli:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:
Some players might even start high school by then. ...or even retire... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of us wondering if we'll be around so long.

Divine-Wind
11-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Player_43:
It's a labour of love simulation, so normally it should be released around 9 months after they've started the labour. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif
I've heard of labor lasting up to several days, but 9 months? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Buzzsaw-
11-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Salute

Oleg has responded in print to a similar query, and at that time he indicated he would be posting the recommended hardware requirements for STORM OF WAR, BATTLE OF BRITAIN in May of 2009, with the game planned to be released in September of 2009. As with any in development computer software, that date is subject to change.

Chris0382
11-28-2008, 02:11 PM
I was at gamestop this weekend and they said the console version will be out in June and tried to get me to pre order. I said they took pre orders for the PC version many years ago so don't expect me to assume the console version will be ready in June.

I think there is more money to be made on the console version as its harder to pirate and attracts all as only 1 controller is needed.

I feel they have pushed aside the PC version for the console version.

The next question is is one going to be the port of the other.

Uufflakke
11-28-2008, 03:51 PM
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh195/Uufflakke/u10057416.jpg

WeedEater9p
11-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by M_Gunz:
It's still a good ways from release. Some players might even start high school by then.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif I'll graduate by then

WTE_Galway
11-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Chris0382:
I was at gamestop this weekend and they said the console version will be out in June and tried to get me to pre order. I said they took pre orders for the PC version many years ago so don't expect me to assume the console version will be ready in June.

I think there is more money to be made on the console version as its harder to pirate and attracts all as only 1 controller is needed.

I feel they have pushed aside the PC version for the console version.

The next question is is one going to be the port of the other.


The console game is by a separate company and based on IL2 1946 flight models not SOW.

There seems to be quite a few attempts to misrepresent the console game as a variant of SOW lately.

They are simply telling great big pork pies. There is no connection with SOW whatsover.

Chris0382
12-01-2008, 07:02 AM
I just realized this after realizing Far Cry 2 was not made by Crytek and it was just licensed by Ubisoft. Almost the same idea. Cant expect much from Birds of Prey then if its not programmed by the original developers. Something gets degraded in the process.

Chivas
12-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Chris0382:
I just realized this after realizing Far Cry 2 was not made by Crytek and it was just licensed by Ubisoft. Almost the same idea. Cant expect much from Birds of Prey then if its not programmed by the original developers. Something gets degraded in the process.

Birds of Prey has a completely different game engine from IL-2 or SOW. The developer borrowed the FM from the IL-2 series as both the Birds of Prey developer and IL-2/SOW's developer are handled by the IC publisher. Everything else in the game is new. From the looks of it so far it may be a very good console game.

I suppose there is no point in porting BOP to a PC game as it should be completely outclassed by SOW which is due out not much later than BOP. It may even have been part of the deal with borrowing the FM from IL-2 they wouldn't make a PC version that could compete in any way with SOW.

SlickStick
12-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Chivas:
I suppose there is no point in porting BOP to a PC game as it should be completely outclassed by SOW which is due out not much later than BOP.

Yes, BoB:SoW release date is now Christmas 2011, give or take a few years. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

WTE_Ibis
12-03-2008, 12:55 AM
I will be in a home for the bewildered by the time it's out and you will be using a quad pentacore trio with two terrabytes of memory, all cooled with its own 10hp aircon, plus the five slot five gig nuclear powered Nvidea incinerator card.
Heavy water cooled of course.
Cheers,
Ibis

Chivas
12-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Ahhh free heat.