PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Director's Cut For PC

DeeZaster76
04-19-2008, 05:50 AM
Hello All,

I have a question. I have a friend in the UK that bought Assassin's Creed and his doesn't mention anything about a Director's Cut but the one I bought here in North America, it says directly on the box its the director's cut.

Now did they make two different versions, or is every PC copy of Assassin's Creed the Director's Cut.

Thanks for any feedback on this.

twistedesthetic
04-19-2008, 06:39 AM
I haven't seen the other PC version. The director's cut contains extras side quests (informants quests) for the players to complete. But it isn't require to complete though, unless you want more sync. bars.

Edit: I think there is only one version.

DeeZaster76
04-19-2008, 06:51 AM
I would think there is only one as well but no where on his box does it mentioned a director's cut, but its clearly listed on the front of my box. I find it strange they would do that but then again, knowing Ubisoft and their Myst releases, for example, in the US and UK have been totally different with what comes with each game (but these are bonuses like a D'ni dictionary or the soundtrack and the other country misses out, same game in the end though).

twistedesthetic
04-19-2008, 07:18 AM
Hmmm....strange indeed. When I first went to buy the game from gamestop. I only see one pc version sitting on the shelf. Perhaps is a censored version? I don't know.

Edit: Okay, I took a look at gamestop's website. It seems that they have the other version that you have mentioned.

DeeZaster76
04-19-2008, 10:36 PM
yup it sure is strange. I think you might be right about a sensored version. As with The Witcher, people in NA got a censored version without even knowing, while people in the UK got the full edition. Wish I would have known as NCIX was selling the uncensored version after I found out about this.

yogibbear777
04-20-2008, 04:14 AM
My version, from Australia, has Director's Cut written on it. Generally the UK and AUS get the same game boxes.... :S

caswallawn_2k7
04-20-2008, 05:38 AM
my UK box says directors cut at the top