PDA

View Full Version : Increasing the aircraft (in air) IL2 1946

Clannsman
05-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi,
After a long break from the game (i was waiting for SOW) and now hearing its almost certainly another year away, i've decided to re-visit the game.

Im currently loading the 4.09 patch so im up to date before starting off again. I suddenly remembered that i can edit the files for more high-end PC's (though the engine is so old now an average PC could produce hilarous frame rates at 1900x1200 with 8xAA!!) anyway, i read the bit about changing air activity/traffic to high, which enables more aircraft in the sky.

This was something i enabled last time i picked it up, but still their is much room for more aircraft, which has me thinking...

Bearing in mind i only play the dynamic campaing, is there an easy fix or mod to increase the aircraft in battles still further, surely with the 10yrs or so this sim has been about, someone has sorted that out??

Thanks..

danjama
05-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Do you use stock DCG or Lowengrins DCG?

Clannsman
05-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the reply.....

Sorry you have lost me already! DCG??

p.s i couldnt seem to load patch 4.09! i downloaded it, unzipped it, but theirs no option to load it into the game files??

P.FunkAdelic
05-23-2009, 03:07 AM
I don't install the 409 patch anymore except via the Unified Installer mod which includes it in the auto switching tool so I'm not sure. Isn't the 4.09 patch just a copy paste affair?

orville07
05-23-2009, 04:52 AM
Clansmann, take a look here; http://mission4today.com/

You'll find lots of goodies in the downloads and guides sections. There is a program called Uberdemons quick mission generator (UQMG), but I have heard his site has went down recently, may be back up I'm not sure. Hardballs aircraft viewer is also highly recommended. UQMG will enable you to set up the big airbattles you want very easily, with a tutorial included. Good luck with finding it. Very user friendly, but for some reason I could not get it working on Vista64 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif This doesn't mean it wont, I just gave up in the end though lol.