PDA

View Full Version : A6M2-21 and Trim

Bobcat73
07-25-2006, 05:50 AM
I've recently started flying this little bird using the tutorial for carrier take-off. No problem with the take off but once in the air, I find I have to use constant rudder and/or aileron to keep her level. I've pushed my trim settings to the max with no leveling, she'll still roll/yaw to the left. Does the A6M2-21 have any trim control other than elevator?

And is there a post/link that show what aircraft have what type of trim available?

thanks

JG53Frankyboy
07-25-2006, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Bobcat73:
I've recently started flying this little bird using the tutorial for carrier take-off. No problem with the take off but once in the air, I find I have to use constant rudder and/or aileron to keep her level. I've pushed my trim settings to the max with no leveling, she'll still roll/yaw to the left. Does the A6M2-21 have any trim control other than elevator?

And is there a post/link that show what aircraft have what type of trim available?

thanks

rudder trim was introduced in the A6M with late A6M3 Model 22 (that came after the ingame A6M3 Model 32 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ).
the first in game Zeros with rudder trim is the A6M5.

berg417448
07-25-2006, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bobcat73:

You will find that quite a few aircraft did not have pilot adjustable aileron or rudder trim. That is reflected in the game. Try the I-16...IIRC it has no pilot adjustable trim at all.

bchivers3377
07-28-2006, 09:46 PM
I have the same problem with some planes, shouldn't be able to trim the plane with the trim neutral control (shift+Z).

JG53Frankyboy
07-29-2006, 04:45 AM
well, if a plane have no ruddertrimm also the "center-trimm" does not work.
this command means that your trimm inputs were set back to default.
and close to al planes are off trimm as default http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif