PDA

View Full Version : Stuka question :)

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Ok, a while ago, i was playing with the bombsight keys on a TB-3, couldnt get anything to work, but ever since then, whenever i do a dive bomb with a stuka (ie sink the marat single mission) when diving, the dive horn only lasts for litterally a milisecond, it used to go for a second or two, but since i fidled with the TB-3 bombsight keys, im lucky to ever hear it. im not sure if it is even related, but i thaught id say it anyway, just in case it has happened before and somone knows whats going on. thanks!
-Corrvan

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Ok, a while ago, i was playing with the bombsight keys on a TB-3, couldnt get anything to work, but ever since then, whenever i do a dive bomb with a stuka (ie sink the marat single mission) when diving, the dive horn only lasts for litterally a milisecond, it used to go for a second or two, but since i fidled with the TB-3 bombsight keys, im lucky to ever hear it. im not sure if it is even related, but i thaught id say it anyway, just in case it has happened before and somone knows whats going on. thanks!
-Corrvan

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 09:59 AM
The Stuka divehorn activates when you turn on your divebrakes. It will not turn off until you turn off the divebrake. I don't think it has anything to do with fiddling with TB's bombsight, because the bombsight settings reset for each mission (for Stuka default bombing alt is 750m I think). Try different sound settings is my advice.

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 10:49 AM
aye, i know that the funny sound is always on, but the big obvious one never seems to happen. as you said, probably something with sound channels. thanks.

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 02:29 PM
It might be that you accidentally increased the auto-pullout altitude.
Since the patch, you can use the "Increase/Decrease Bombsight Altitude" keys to modify the altitude at which the Ju87 will pull you out of a dive. Maybe you modified this accidentally and now it pulls you out much sooner than before?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 03:33 PM
the bomb site altitude defaults to 750 after every mission. In the Stuka you should set it when the mission starts to less than 200...this will avoid "bucking" once you begin your dive...you want to pull out after your bombs drop...if bomb site alt is set to 750 or higher as soon as you dive past that alt your nose will pull up due to the auto recovery and you will "buck" Hopefully Oleg can fix this in a patch

12th IAP "Guards"

http://12iapil2ops.0catch.com/12th_iap_home_page.htm

RHAF 5/I Fighter Group
http://12iapil2ops.0catch.com/rhaf.htm