PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard problems on mac and other problems

M0nsterous
07-30-2011, 09:12 PM
At first the keyboard didn't work at all I had to uninstall the game and then I could use the keyboard but after a while it has the same problem every once and a while. It's really annoying also I can't switch windows I have to stay on the game window. I downloaded it for mac and i have mac OS X. I have used two different keyboards doesn't make a difference. Also the desktop icon is just the steam icon I want the actual Assassin Creed Brotherhood icon because it's bad ***.

fFastgamemaster
08-16-2011, 03:43 AM
I also have this same problem, my keyboard doesn't work on Mac side.

solipsia
09-25-2011, 03:25 AM
Me too. The game is unplayable.

derrylwc
10-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Yeah this is pretty much unacceptable.

At first it worked with my after-market Logitech mouse, but not my wired Apple keyboard. I say "OK" and try the wireless keyboard that came with my iMac. For some reason, it worked.

But when I changed my control configurations in game, all of a sudden my Logitech mouse stopped working. And by not working, I mean that I can no longer get it to pair with my computer. At all.

I re-open the game to undo the setting that seemed to have caused the issue and... "This is weird", now it's my wired keyboard that works, while the wireless one is unresponsive.

Currently I can sorta play the game with my Magic Mouse (undesirable) and one keyboard (depending on which one the game prefers to allow at any given point in time).

My Logitech mouse remains unable to pair with my computer anymore.

Thanks, Ubisoft.

derrylwc
10-04-2011, 11:45 PM
For the record, this was *not* an issue with Assassins Creed II. I played that game before on the same Mac with the same set of hardware that is now being rejected by Brotherhood.

Was Brotherhood re-ported from the console version? It would seem to have been rather hasty, if we're experiencing problems of this sort...

levaverypeck
12-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Same problem over here. Any one have a fix?

robmck
01-15-2012, 09:00 PM
I also have a terrible time getting the keyboard to work on the mac. It usually takes about 30 minutes to get the game *started*, just quitting, relaunching, rebooting, the game until it finally works.

I've tried the workaround I've seen elsewhere on the net of shutting down all other apps (and anything that may be listening to keyboard input). I've also tried disabling steam's in-game stuff. There is no clear correlation of these workarounds to when it works. It's just random and only works about 10% of the time.

Same problem regardless of whether I use internal or external keyboards. (This is on OSX 1.6.8)

This is not an acceptable level of quality. Can someone from Ubisoft look into this or give us some reliable workarounds?

Thanks!

fridolinweiner
01-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Same problem here.
This is not acceptable.

rockgenius85
01-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Assassin's Creed 2 just will not work with my keyboard. It worked the very first time I opened the game, played it for an hour, and then opened it up the next day, and it didn't work. I discovered that the force close command (Command + Alt + Escape) closes the game for you, and if you have the in game steam menu (for the steam users out there), shift Tab brings up the Steam UI. But NOTHING gets registered to the actual game. So, I completely reinstalled the game, and it worked the first time I opened the game after reinstalling, but now it's not working again. This is some really pathetic porting, and I my opinion of ubisoft was low enough, but this is completely horrendous. Not to mention the amount of other people reporting the same problem (Steam users AND non-steam users). Steam's forums said to come here, and it's not getting me very far. All other apps are closed, but that shouldn't even matter! I've NEVER had to baby a game like this just to get it to work, even on MAC!

Fix this please! I payed money for your game, and it's WORTHLESS.

Pommes06
02-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Same deal with me! Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was working just fine for a while with both mouse and keyboard.
Then after Steam crashed and halted the game two times in a row, the keyboard suddenly stopped working in the game, except for shift+tab (access to steam in-game)
and Fn + F12 (take snapshots).
After restarting the mac, still no improvement. In other words, ACB just became totally worthless for me...
Please, fix this issue, it's such a shame.

Macsaint
03-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Just brought the game, played for 3 hours. went to work got home, now its can't find the keyboard. What a waste of money

Bpayne56
04-11-2012, 06:11 AM
UBISOFT, WHAT THE HECK??????? Why would you make a game with no keyboard functionality? Why would you release a game for Mac, when most Mac users own a laptop, and then fail to announce that it absolutely will not work on your computer? This is ridiculous. This thread is a year old, glad to see the admins really keep up with their customers!

AylwinLo
05-28-2012, 03:31 AM
I've had the same problem and think I've found a solution that seems to work for me - I had to switch my Input Source to U.S. Here's how you do it:

1. Open System Preferences.
2. Chooose Language & Text.
3. Make sure the Input Sources tab is selected.
4. In the list on the left, make sure "U.S." is ticked off.

You might have to also tick off "Show Input menu in menu bar", then select "U.S." from the Input menu (the flag icon in the menus at the top right of your screen).

frudo31
06-16-2012, 08:07 AM
I have the same problem running and ubisoft doesn't understand how important issue this is. Does anybody come up with the solution?

chastepe
06-28-2012, 03:54 PM
I have the same problem. I have no idea how it works when it works. Keyboard seems to respond randomly and yet there is no official answer from a Ubisoft developer.

Primesun
07-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Me too. Finally got it to run by using acbmp_sf and now the keyboard and mouse hardly works. It works fine for a second then keys start going out.

ugotnuked67
08-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Hey i figured it out!!!
1. ok so Quit Steam ENTIRELY..then open it back up and run another game
2. Then quit that game and exit steam ENTIRELY again
3. Than open back up and launch AC:B or whatever game FROM THE STEAM LIBRARY! than to test if ur stuff works press ENTER at the beginning

Hope it helped! did for me

Rodman5000
12-30-2012, 03:32 PM
I just bought this game from Steam with their Christmas sale. I really want this fixed, or I want my **** money back.

yvroie
12-31-2012, 09:57 AM
I have the same problem. Keyboard is entirely gone. Bought AC:B yesterday on Steam.Tried out the language input thing and the suggestion from ugotnuked67 and it doesn't work either. It seems like there is quite a few who are having this problem. I don't understand why Ubisoft can't see it's a problem buying a game that can't be played.....Ubisoft a comment from you guys would be appreciated.

teamhammertime
01-02-2013, 12:33 AM
It happens to me too. The problem is that you have to click on the ACB icon before it goes to fullscreen. It works for me.

unknwntrr
01-09-2013, 03:13 PM
I know it's unacceptable as it is but here is how it works for me: I bought it at Steam and downloaded it there.

1. It didn't start, I re-started Steam, maybe re-start your computer?
2. The keyboard didn't work and the presents where unusable on Mac. I had to start it several times, but eventually it worked after starting it from Steam's Big Picture mode. The keyboard is usually recognized after three or four starts.
3. It crashed core-audio in OS X and I had to switch audio-devices back and forth to get the system-sound going again, but then it worked fine for hours.

If you have trouble, try closing all other Applications (should be done anyway to make room on the CPU and in the RAM), and opening it first thing after booting. Alt+Cmd+Esc force-quits it by the way, whether it recognizes the keyboard or not.

Ubisoft should seriously push the Updates they apparently put into the AppStore Version to all other platforms too. In the AppStore there are no reviews stating to have any kind of Hardware-trouble… (except for lack of graphics power, which is something Ubisoft can't help with).

dmoore260763
03-12-2013, 07:33 PM
I had the problem. I have a macbook pro with dual graphics. If I force it to use the better card, by turning off "Automatic Graphic Switching" under the Energy Saver icon of System preferences then it works

Black_Widow9
03-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Please look here:
http://support.ubi.com/en-US/answer_detail.aspx?lang=en-US&key=us&platformid=7&productid=2338&answerid=15039

Gmarcott42
03-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I got AC2 for $5.00 on the steam christmas sale, and I have been able to play it on my mac, the only problems being with control mappings for my keyboard. I went to play it today, and BAM, keyboard didn't work for the game, but I could still do shift+tab. I restarted the game, and I could play it fine, except I couldn't do shift + tab. The icon in the bottom right got annoying, so I restarted it again, and now I can't play it all. Also I find the reply by US forums manager Black_Widow9, to be offensive. They obviously didn't even read any of our posts, and jumped to conclusions, then told us to go to a link that is completely irrelevant to this thread. Ubisoft, give us our money back, or fix this problem, PLEASE!

themarxx
03-28-2013, 02:28 AM
Just want to add that as of 28th March, I am still having keyboard issues with AC:2 playing on the Mac platform.
Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.1gHz i5 quad.
8GB RAM
AMD 6790 video card
Using the bluetooth apple keyboard
Tried using the Logitech K750 unifying wireless keyboard

Game was purchased from steam and runs with both steam and ubiplay in the background.
Have tried the following
1) shut down all apps
2) repair disk permissions
3) disconnect and reconnect keyboards
4) via steam: restore integrity of game files

It requires an average of 4 reboots before I am able to use the keyboard to play the game.

This is simply unacceptable.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
03-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Hi guys, if you are having technical issues then please contact Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

GalakFyarr
03-28-2013, 07:37 PM
This problem is a very old problem, and the only solution Ubisoft ever mentionned was "to make sure you had no programs open who were asking for text input".

There is NO FIX AT ALL, nothing "works", as far as I know it's COMPLETELY random when the game decides to work.

If you can afford to bootcamp, I strongly suggest you do, because the games run way better, and there's no keyboard problems.

I also have a terrible time getting the keyboard to work on the mac. It usually takes about 30 minutes to get the game *started*, just quitting, relaunching, rebooting, the game until it finally works.

I've tried the workaround I've seen elsewhere on the net of shutting down all other apps (and anything that may be listening to keyboard input). I've also tried disabling steam's in-game stuff. There is no clear correlation of these workarounds to when it works. It's just random and only works about 10% of the time.

Same problem regardless of whether I use internal or external keyboards. (This is on OSX 1.6.8)

This is not an acceptable level of quality. Can someone from Ubisoft look into this or give us some reliable workarounds?

Thanks!