PDA

View Full Version : Lifelasting joystick

lukenaskywiper
09-27-2006, 01:24 PM
HI there.

I would like to buy a wonderful joystick, hotas if possible, of high quality and professionality and at lowest price. Lest say something like X52, but thats too expensive. I do not care about the design and the beautiful colours. I have a Thrustmaster top gun fox 2 (quite good) but im looking forward to the next level. My budjet is 100".

Any ideas?

Cheers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Red-Baron2006
09-27-2006, 01:40 PM
Im aslo looking for a new joystick since my x-52 doesnt work so well with il2 for me. I was lloking at ch products combatstick 568 joystick. Its made my CH Products so their joysticks are of the highest quality from the reviews ive read about their products.

Check it out its about $110 US dollars and thats what i plan to buy in the next week or so.

Joystick:

http://www.chproducts.com/retail/j_combat.html

XyZspineZyX
09-27-2006, 01:40 PM
If the x52 is out of your price range, you wont find much, because even the x52 wont last you more than a few years.

x6BL_Brando
09-27-2006, 02:01 PM
"Lifelasting joystick"?

The economics are fairly simple. If you buy a cheap stick for 50 units and it lasts 2 years, then you will be losing money compared to someone who buys an expensive stick for 200 units which lasts for ten years.

You lose even more in fact if you add in inflation - i.e. the basic cost of the cheap stick will be greater every time you renew it.

Plus there is that period while you deal with a stick that is deteriorating in performance, while the owner of the good-quality stick just carries on without any of those annoyances.

All in all, it's worth saving up until you can afford the good stick.

B.

Bearcat99
09-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by lukenaskywiper:
I would like to buy a wonderful joystick, hotas if possible, of high quality and professionality and at lowest price. Lest say something like X52, but thats too expensive. have a Thrustmaster top gun fox 2 (quite good) but im looking forward to the next level. My budjet is 100".

Well if thew X-52 is too pricey and you want something better than the Top Gun you are SOL... as far as a HOTAS goes. The X-52 is in my opinion the best inexpensive HOTAS to be had... the next step up.. pricewise and quality wise is CH.... From what I understand CH makes great stuff... but if the X-52 is too pricey for you... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I always say... if it ain't broke don't fix it..... If there is nothing wrong with your TG other than you wanting something new then save your money and go CH... if it is FUBAR and you need a new stick and money is an issue as far as a joystick goes (Let's face it... now a days money is an issue with everybody to some dgree or another...) then suck it up and go with the X-52.

Originally posted by Red-Baron2006:
Im aslo looking for a new joystick since my x-52 doesnt work so well with il2 for me. I was lloking at ch products combatstick 568 joystick. Its made my CH Products so their joysticks are of the highest quality from the reviews ive read about their products.

I am curious... why do you say your X-52 doesnt work with IL2.... If there is something wrong with it I suggest you get hoild of Saitek.. thier customer support is pretty good as far as thier sticks go. Otherwise the stick should work fine for this sim.

VW-IceFire
09-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by lukenaskywiper:
HI there.

I would like to buy a wonderful joystick, hotas if possible, of high quality and professionality and at lowest price. Lest say something like X52, but thats too expensive. I do not care about the design and the beautiful colours. I have a Thrustmaster top gun fox 2 (quite good) but im looking forward to the next level. My budjet is 100".

Any ideas?

Cheers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I was going to say....CH Products are the best regarded as being solid tough units that will last years upon years. I think some guys had to buy joystick port to USB adapters purely to be able to keep up with the trends because their sticks are so robust. But if the X-52 is out of your pricerange...then these are waaay out of your pricerange.