PDA

View Full Version : Some historical accurated servers rules are driving me nuts

Wildnoob
10-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Ok, it's an unload.

I am not radical against the arcade mode like many people. I even enjoy it a lot, but the full real mode is really what I give priority.

I was flying in a historic server now which has a policy of not have nothing against my action, in a mission early in USSR campaing. Very nice, historic planeset and rules for use correct markings are enforced.

There was a Mig attacking our airfield. I quickly manage to scramble and by a near miss one of the bombs he dropped didn't hit my BF-109. But he manage to destroy several other human aircraft on the ground.

I start to pursuit him and by some time he manage to outrun me. He was flying towards the Soviet front line. Them I manage to close up, entered in a mock dogfigth and and smoke his engine. I break off and circle from above watching he apparently go down.

He wasn't even near an airfield and make a forced landing.

But I made the mistake of interpret the situation like was the RL. Because many times I get immersed in the sim like was flying in RL.

I decided to destroy his plane to avoid recovery. And strafe it.

The problem is the pilot was an adminstator and ask me if: "I'd like to get kicked?".

I don't understand rules like that in a sim mode, despite in my case it was an incident I'm sick to face this kind hypocrisy online. Because many servers adopt it.

Probably he was trying to have the message "Player X lands on the field".

With sure this is a very controversy subject. Shoot planes on the ground, landing, etc.

But the guy started to threat me because he decided to make a forced landing in the middle of the map and I destroyed his plane is just too much for me.

The arcade hypocrisy online as reach a level I simple can't belive.

Something like: "Now, I've take a few rounds from the enemy and gonna use the rules in my favor, put my wheels down, land in the middle of nothing, refly and gonna start to <STRIKE>cry</STRIKE> complaing because 'the rules don't allow this' if my pursuiter shoot me". Simple ridiculous to me.

pupo162
10-17-2009, 01:34 PM
being honest to you here:

I actually take more of his point than yours.

Flyinfg full real doesnt mean to do everething do way mend did back then. getting the kill is not getting the message "enemy A/C destroyed" or being granted the 100 points. getting the kill is more or less telling your opnent not to mess with you. if he lands on a field he poses no theread to you so you "got him". if flying high altitude and he dives for is homebase after a coupel of shotsd and maybe a smoked engine, dont botter following him. he is off and he lost the battle.

shoting a crashlanded plane does not prove you to be a good pilot bu the fact you forced him to land is aircraft behind enemy lines without returning to the Airfiled does.

Then again, i understood waht you meant but try seeing things the way i do and pheraps you will be getting more kills than those you tought you did at first.

cheers amte and keep up the full real hunting!

Boosher
10-17-2009, 01:38 PM
I understand your sentiments, Wildnoob, I really do, but keep in mind that this is a GAME. People play it to have fun. While I recognize that your definition of fun is playing RL to the max, please keep in mind that not everyone has that same goal. We need to respect each other's ideas of what it means to be fun.

You already got the kill by forcing him down. Since this is a game, was it really necessary to rain on his parade?

Wildnoob
10-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by pupo162:
being honest to you here:

I actually take more of his point than yours.

Flyinfg full real doesnt mean to do everething do way mend did back then. getting the kill is not getting the message "enemy A/C destroyed" or being granted the 100 points. getting the kill is more or less telling your opnent not to mess with you. if he lands on a field he poses no theread to you so you "got him". if flying high altitude and he dives for is homebase after a coupel of shotsd and maybe a smoked engine, dont botter following him. he is off and he lost the battle.

shoting a crashlanded plane does not prove you to be a good pilot bu the fact you forced him to land is aircraft behind enemy lines without returning to the Airfiled does.

Then again, i understood waht you meant but try seeing things the way i do and pheraps you will be getting more kills than those you tought you did at first.

cheers amte and keep up the full real hunting!

Thanks!

Well, I was a little mad when create this tread. Probably exaggerated by doing it.

Yeah, I don't care about score, never care for that.

The point I want get is there are many people who do this to take advantage of the rule. Like the message "lands on the field".

LEBillfish
10-17-2009, 01:43 PM
We have a rule in the 78th*Sentai our code of conduct VERY strict and above all else what defines us as a regiment.

If you ditch, even at a base, to even botch up a landing....You should instantly "bail out" even if the aircraft is fine (like ran out of fuel with no hits), and if hit by someone else before hand "Salute" them whether it scores a kill for them or not (aircraft just sitting there).

What is done after by that opponent of no consequence (though a waste of bullets to keep shooting a downed aircraft, that their perogative it of no matter to us).....and the only time we will say something is if someone other then the opponent that forced you down tries strafing the aircraft to steal the kill.

Take from that what you will.

K2

Wildnoob
10-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Boosher:
We need to respect each other's ideas of what it means to be fun.

I respect, all the way respect.

I was caugth by surprise. I knew about shoot planes on airfields, but that was another case, the enemy wasn't apparently badly damaged apart from the engine, could over landing intact and the effort for my team would be useless.

It's not the score system only, it is question of wipe out enemy forces, and this should account I belive.

But ok, I was taking things too much seriosly, recognized my mistake.

Wildnoob
10-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by LEBillfish:
We have a rule in the 78th*Sentai our code of conduct VERY strict and above all else what defines us as a regiment.

If you ditch, even at a base, to even botch up a landing....You should instantly "bail out" even if the aircraft is fine (like ran out of fuel with no hits), and if hit by someone else before hand "Salute" them whether it scores a kill for them or not (aircraft just sitting there).

What is done after by that opponent of no consequence (though a waste of bullets to keep shooting a downed aircraft, that their perogative it of no matter to us).....and the only time we will say something is if someone other then the opponent that forced you down tries strafing the aircraft to steal the kill.

Take from that what you will.

K2

Interesting.

I never aim for the pilot in cases like this, just the engine to destroy the plane.

RSS-Martin
10-17-2009, 01:48 PM
That is almost as bad as shooting at chutes.
If he bails out on your side of the lines, he will be a prisoner.
Full real does not mean automatically let it all out. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Phillip58
10-17-2009, 01:51 PM
THAT is one of the main problems with onwhine flying, saying that the server is "Historical" or "Full Real" and then complain when some one strafes (not vulching kiddies) a airfield or a landed plane. That has always bugged me with the onwhine part of the game.

I know it is only a "game", but it is a "game" of war, you know, killing your enemy?

This talk about "Honor" and such BS is really funny.

Phillip

Wildnoob
10-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by RSS-Martin:
That is almost as bad as shooting at chutes.
If he bails out on your side of the lines, he will be a prisoner.
Full real does not mean automatically let it all out. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Don't agree.

My goal is not kill the pilot. I'm not a cold killer even in a game. It is just destroy the plane to avoid be used again by the enemy.

If he was at my front line I wouldn't spent ammo with him, but was already into their one.

RSS-Martin
10-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Phillip58:
THAT is one of the main problems with onwhine flying, saying that the server is "Historical" or "Full Real" and then complain when some one strafes (not vulching kiddies) a airfield or a landed plane. That has always bugged me with the onwhine part of the game.

I know it is only a "game", but it is a "game" of war, you know, killing your enemy?

Phillip

Yeah right....if the maps where set like in RL you would not get near the enemy base but be blown out of the sky due to flak batteries.

Let alone interceptors sent up to get you.
It is always easy just seeing your part of the picture, but there are always two sides.

Also if it where realistic there would be no refly unless you land or bail on your side of the lines.

I would give it a little thought before you wish for something that someone might grant you.

If you think online is only for whiners, well who ever is happy with those AI nerds.....needs no further comments. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

ElAurens
10-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Hmmmm.

I would have shot him again on principle.

Then hunted him the entire session. What a child.

Rules about not shooting planes on the ground are as silly as the monster ego admins who enforce them.

Playing a combat simulation with rules from a sporting match makes no sense.

It's war, deal with it.

Wildnoob
10-17-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't wanth change the people opinions to what I think is correct. No way!

You can shoot plane as soon as it leaves the ground. I manage to dodge him as soon as I was airborne, because just a few seconds before I've raise my gear he tried to shoot me.

This is not a pro vulch comment or anything, but you can do this, drop bombs and rockets at ground planes but cannot by no way strafe an enemy plane after he decided to make a forced landing, even virtually intact at their front line to avoid the plane being used again.

This is the point I stay confuse.

But ok, I respect them, respect all servers like that, gonna be very careful now.

Phillip58
10-17-2009, 02:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phillip58:

Phillip

Yeah right....if the maps where set like in RL you would not get near the enemy base but be blown out of the sky due to flak batteries.

It is always easy just seeing your part of the picture, but there are always two sides.

Also if it where realistic there would be no refly unless you land or bail on your side of the lines.

I would give it a little thought before you wish for something that someone might grant you.

If you think online is only for whiners, well who ever is happy with those AI nerds.....needs no further comments. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like servers with flak and the such. Interceptors? Man this game is usually "Lone Wolf-Airquake" style. That is due to the scoring system. Tell someone to guard the base and guess what? They laugh at you. Maybe on squad co-ops, but not on public DF servers. Maybe if the whole team got the points, the point-hoes would die and the game would much mor interesting.

Face it, it nuthin but who has the biggest Johnson (points) and nuthin else. Team work? Getting the mission done? Maybe, just maybe on a closed squad co-op server, but never on a public DF one.

Like you said........... needs no further comments. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Phillip

Erkki_M
10-17-2009, 02:14 PM
No use to waste ammo, time, fuel or your situational awareness into shooting planes that are already down/going down/of no threat. When you've shot the crap out of someone, irrigardless of wether he died or bailed, or is still flying without no hope of getting home or being any kind of a threat anymore, stop it. You will risk getting surprised, getting a high-E bandit over you etc. Besides its always good to have ammo with you. Greed kills.

crucislancer
10-17-2009, 02:15 PM
As far as the rules go, best to make sure you know all the rules of a server before flying. However, if that rule isn't included then I would think he's fair game.

If you think online is only for whiners, well who ever is happy with those AI nerds.....needs no further comments. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Oh? I'd like to hear the comment, please. I like both offline and online, btw, so I'd really like to hear what you think of people that fly offline.

na85
10-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Rules like "no shooting landing aircraft/aircraft with lights on" or "no vulching" or "no chute shooting" or "no going near enemy bases" or anything of that nature are for crybabies and sissies.

Don't want to get shot? Go play X-plane or MS Flight Simulator. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Wildnoob
10-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by crucislancer:
As far as the rules go, best to make sure you know all the rules of a server before flying.

Yeah, I read all of them now, and was very surprise:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6436/5555890.jpg

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Not the server's fault I guess, but from some kid with moderation power who didn't accept what happened with him and probably has try play the game of "mine is bigger then yours" using abuse of power to intimated me.

Lemky
10-17-2009, 02:37 PM
It is war kill him.

Wildnoob
10-17-2009, 02:52 PM
In servers that allow this, I still would try finish the plane.

Why?

Some people saied here: "don't spent ammo".

I've spent a lot of ammo with that guy, and could spent with anyone else.

Now let's say I used much of my ammunition against a target, manage to damage it, but just a little. Then he tries a forced landing. If I let him land on their front all the ammo I've spent previously would be in vain. usuless. I loose time, I loose ammo and I didn't manage to destroy the enemy plane. By landing undamaged his team would not loose a single aircraft.

And how stay my situation if the kids started to take advantage of a rule like this?

Like vulching being not allowed, but from many players if your wheels are 1 mm above the ground you are already a target. This is the most ridiculous and common example.

If I already spent a lot of ammo with my enemy, I gonna finish him off, gonna destroy him so the plane could not be used anymore.

Erkki_M
10-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Because you'll regret the moment you're returning home and spotting an enemy that you happened to waste your ammo on a one that was already down. Or even worse, you get shot by an enemy you never saw when you were strafing that poor guy. A 100% sure kill and E/A shot to pieces is not worth a KIA by a stupid mistake.

Wildnoob
10-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Erkki_M:
Because you'll regret the moment you're returning home and spotting an enemy that you happened to waste your ammo on a one that was already down. Or even worse, you get shot by an enemy you never saw when you were strafing that poor guy. A 100% sure kill and E/A shot to pieces is not worth a KIA by a stupid mistake.

Erkki, my point is destroy the enemy plane and this accounts for completation of the mission.

It's not ambition for score, it is for completation of the mission by taking out of the enemy arsenal their planes.

A major aplication of this is that some servers put limited planes.

Let's say a team has 6 units of a excellent plane which outclass all the ones avaliable to you.

Ok, you shoot him, he make a sucefull forced landing and gonna receive the message "lands on the field".

He still gonna have 6 planes.

But if I strafe that guy, their team would have 5 planes. Gonna in fact loose a plane.

Xiolablu3
10-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Its their server, they dont have to let you fly there.

Just fly by their rules or find somewhere else.

Their rules are set as they want them.

If you want a server with your rules then pay for one. Its a game, remember, their rules are set as they like to have fun.

Wildnoob
10-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
Its their server, they dont have to let you fly there.

Just fly by their rules or find somewhere else.

Their rules are set as they want them.

If you want a server with your rules then pay for one.

Xiolablu3, I don't want my rules.

I already say I respect them, not going fly there anymore, even I didn't break any rule, just shoot a moderation angry kid who doesn't like from what happened and tried to intimidate me with his power. Just are talking about some flaws I thougth can happen by use this kind of rule.

But if the members thought this tread not gonna take us to nowhere it could be finished.

Xiolablu3
10-17-2009, 03:35 PM
The thing is that most Admins just want to fly and have fun, they dont want to have to play policeman every few minutes, they are simply fans of the game who help pay for the server and as such get admin rights.

He was simply upholding the rules.

Nothing wrong with the thread, mate. Its quite a good discussion actually. I just gave my opinion. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

xTHRUDx
10-17-2009, 03:36 PM
when admining Greater Green and Historia back in the day. we found it better to have as little rules as possible. ;
- don't shoot teamates
- don't cheat.

very little strife as a result.

Waldo.Pepper
10-17-2009, 03:37 PM
FWIW I am 100% with Wildnoob on this one.

There is no point in making an accurate game unless you fly and behave as realistically as possible as well.

Xiolablu3
10-17-2009, 03:38 PM
I know from my Ukdedicated flying days that most of the admins just want to fly and have fun. They find it a pain having to 'police' the server and just want players to stick to the rules of the server.

Now and again you get a power hungry admin, but this is a rarity IMO.

na85
10-17-2009, 03:45 PM
I know from my Ukdedicated flying days that most of the admins just want to fly and have fun. They find it a pain having to 'police' the server and just want players to stick to the rules of the server.

Now and again you get a power hungry admin, but this is a rarity IMO.

Would you agree, then, that having fewer rules to police leads to less policing, less "adminning" and more playing?

Stiletto-
10-17-2009, 03:47 PM
If that screenshot that Wildnoob posted is the rules, than he did nothing wrong..

"Do not attack aircraft who are clearly landing at a designated base"

He wasn't close to a base he was in an open field.

"if you try to land whilst already engaged you are still a valid target"

He was already engaged, and had to land because he got damaged in it.

If he is across the border and can keep his plane intact, that is one aircraft the opposite side can keep. I have been in many online battles where the map objectives don't get met and one side will win the battle by having 3 or 4 planes left when the other side runs out!

I'm sorry but there was nothing in the rules stated about what Wildnoob did being wrong, and I think if you were playing to win the mission not even caring about gettin 100 points, you would consider doing this.

It's a simple case of a kid getting ****ed off he got beat and telling other kids to go home and nothing more.

If I were Wildnoob, I would have logged back on and joined the Russian side and team killed him right before he bombs the enemy base, that might take away 10 minutes of his life since he will have to respawn and try again. Sure you will get banned but if you don't plan on flying there anymore who cares?

JG52Uther
10-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Looking at the rules you posted Wildnoob,it did not look like you broke them.I personally probably would not have done it,but thats because I am happy just knocking an enemy plane out of the fight,and don't care about points at all.
You just annoyed an admin thats all,forget it and move on. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BillSwagger
10-17-2009, 04:13 PM
i understand exactly what Wildnoob is saying, and it is hypocritical.

Unfortunately, these are the ways of the world. The people in charge will often bend rules in their favor.
Its really not an issue for me playing online, and i haven't had any recent beefs with any admins, but i have been kicked while also getting the upper hand on such admins in dogfights. For the most part they are cool, and just want to play like everyone else, but i think at times they can lose their cool just like anyone else, and for whatever reason the ban/kick hammer tends to be another way to vent that frustration.

I must say that this is rare, though. Its nice that you actually got a warning. There are times I'm flying with in the rules, and I get kicked anyway. A warning at least lets you know what you might be doing wrong. When i just get kicked out of the blue, (not auto kicked) its difficult for me to not think i was intentionally targeted.

In the grand scheme of life, I could give a crap about what someone does on the servers. I just want to play and have fun too.

If i were a businessman interested in somehow turning profit off of an Il2 like server or game, much of this nonsense would be finished.
But since its free, we have to tolerate the inadequacies. Its like being in the cheap seats at a concert. You really can't complain because everyone else has paid more than you.

Bill

Wildnoob
10-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by JG52Uther:
and don't care about points at all.

I really don't have any ambition for points. Personally I can send a plane down and in the last momment before it crashes an allied shoot a rifle caliber round on him and get the score. I don't care.

I only do such actions when possible (not always though) to make sure the enemy not gonna come back with that plane anymore, and if they have a limited number of it even better to add one less to their arsenal.

Actually I even care if my team is winning or loosing, I just make my part. And my act was made with the sim figther pilot spirit. Actions like that I didn't even think, are done almost instinctively trying simulate my duty. I know very well it is a simple game, but I have a lot of immersion with RL while flying.

Altough rules are rules, and should be respected always.

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by ElAurens:
Hmmmm.

I would have shot him again on principle.

Then hunted him the entire session. What a child.

Rules about not shooting planes on the ground are as silly as the monster ego admins who enforce them.

Playing a combat simulation with rules from a sporting match makes no sense.

It's war, deal with it.

Agreed!

Erkki_M
10-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Wildnoob:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:

I really don't have any ambition for points. Personally I can send a plane down and in the last momment before it crashes an allied shoot a rifle caliber round on him and get the score. I don't care.

I only do such actions when possible (not always though) to make sure the enemy not gonna come back with that plane anymore, and if they have a limited number of it even better to add one less to their arsenal.

Actually I even care if my team is winning or loosing, I just make my part. And my act was made with the sim figther pilot spirit. Actions like that I didn't even think, are done almost instinctively trying simulate my duty. I know very well it is a simple game, but I have a lot of immersion with RL while flying.

Altough rules are rules, and should be respected always. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your part is to also stay alive and not let the enemy destroy your side's aircraft. And chasing enemy E/A around the map, staying low and strafing things is one of the most efficient ways to collect an angry pack of high-E bandits around you. Not good.

By the way, a crash-landed plane WILL be count as a lost one if it lands outside an airfield area. So you might as well disengage every time you badly damage someone, not only for that theres no need to waste more rounds but also for your own good. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Remember theres no such thing as "running" or "hiding". All means are allowed in a war, and if theres a mean to not get shot down, use it. If theres a way to engage an enemy with an advantage(at least altitude, though surprise is recommended), gain it. Dont listen to the mock of stupid enemies whining at you how you dont fight fair but "run": theres no reason to accept an unfair or even fair fight if you can with some climbing, flying around and positioning yourself well gain an extremely unfair(to the enemy) position, with ie. complete energy advantage, surprise, numbers(always fly together!), etc etc. Always try to outsmart your enemy, its a cruel game and beliving your Spitfire and piloting skills will win you every fight will most likely take you from a smoking hole to another! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Personally I dont understand hows it unfair to shoot at a crash landed aircraft if the pilot has already ran out of it. Hes not in danger anymore...

Wildnoob
10-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Erkki_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wildnoob:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:

Altough rules are rules, and should be respected always. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your part is to also stay alive and not let the enemy destroy your side's aircraft. And chasing enemy E/A around the map, staying low and strafing things is one of the most efficient ways to collect an angry pack of high-E bandits around you. Not good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That depends on the situation. As was saied previously, I don't do this all the time because this reason.

But depending after you finish the enemy and the area is clear or you have an oportunity, I don't see any reason to not destroy the enemy plane.

There are undeless pilot's report's of this kind of action. Rigth now I remember a part of Bud Anderson's book were his squadron, after finish some enemy figthers on deck, found an He-111 flying in the area. They shoot him, he forced landed and they strafe the aircraft to destroy it.

Never think I'm going to strafe a plane in an area full of enemy planes.

If the situation is favorable and allow me I do it. Otherwise not. Simple.

By the way, a crash-landed plane WILL be count as a lost one if it lands outside an airfield area. So you might as well disengage every time you badly damage someone, not only for that theres no need to waste more rounds but also for your own good. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

If their gear and prop don't get damaged it account as "lands on the field".

Remember theres no such thing as "running" or "hiding". All means are allowed in a war, and if theres a mean to not get shot down, use it. If theres a way to engage an enemy with an advantage(at least altitude, though surprise is recommended), gain it. Dont listen to the mock of stupid enemies whining at you how you dont fight fair but "run": theres no reason to accept an unfair or even fair fight if you can with some climbing, flying around and positioning yourself well gain an extremely unfair(to the enemy) position, with ie. complete energy advantage, surprise, numbers(always fly together!), etc etc. Always try to outsmart your enemy, its a cruel game and beliving your Spitfire and piloting skills will win you every fight will most likely take you from a smoking hole to another! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Personally I dont understand hows it unfair to shoot at a crash landed aircraft if the pilot has already ran out of it. Hes not in danger anymore...

Oh, with sure, totally agree.

Unknown-Pilot
10-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Full on vulching is the only way to play. People who cry about it should go buy some vagisil.

The only caveat is that the server/map maker should provide multiple bases per-side. As long as they do, feck it, vulch on! (and yes, I've been pinned down plenty of times because of it. It's actually kinda funny lol)

crucislancer
10-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Unknown-Pilot:
Full on vulching is the only way to play. People who cry about it should go buy some vagisil.

The only caveat is that the server/map maker should provide multiple bases per-side. As long as they do, feck it, vulch on! (and yes, I've been pinned down plenty of times because of it. It's actually kinda funny lol)

LOL! I tend to agree. If you don't like it, move to a base that's farther away. Besides, gives you more time to get to altitude and take out the opposition.

Wildnoob
10-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Well, allowing vulching or not in most servers the airfields never have a decent AAA which could intimidate attackers.

If they have it I beat the vulchers wouldn't like much to stay around. Even if they could be destroyed, just by the presence of guns (without mention flak) and their tracers are already a significant psychological weapon.

Skoshi Tiger
10-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Well, vulching just means that the team that owns the airbase isn't defending it properly. Like as not most of the defending team is running around in a pack shooting at the same target over their team mates shoulders and complaining about how packed the server is and how many noobs are sealing their kills!

Then again I could be wrong?

DKoor
10-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Ok, it's an unload.

I am not radical against the arcade mode like many people. I even enjoy it a lot, but the full real mode is really what I give priority.

I was flying in a supossed historic server now in a mission early in USSR campaing. Very nice, historic planeset and rules for use correct markings are enforced.

There was a Mig attacking our airfield. I quickly manage to scramble and by a near miss one of the bombs he dropped didn't hit my BF-109. But he manage to destroy several other human aircraft on the ground.

I start to pursuit him and by some time he manage to outrun me. He was flying towards the Soviet front line. Them I manage to close up, entered in a mock dogfigth and and smoke his engine. I break off and circle from above watching he apparently go down.

He wasn't even near an airfield and make a forced landing.

But I made the mistake of interpret the situation like was the RL. Because many times I get immersed in the sim like was flying in RL.

I decided to destroy his plane to avoid recovery. And strafe it.

The problem is the pilot was an adminstator and ask me if: "I'd like to get kicked?".

I don't understand rules like that, I'm sick of them, not by the rule itself but of the hypocrisy of "realistic" servers who adopt it.

Probably he was trying to have the message "Player X lands on the field".

With sure this is a very controversy subject. Shoot planes on the ground, landing, etc.

But the guy started to threat me because he decided to make a forced landing in the middle of the map and I destroyed his plane is just too much for me.

The arcade hypocrisy online as reach a level I simple can't belive.

Something like: "Now, I've take a few rounds from the enemy and gonna use the rules in my favor, put my wheels down, land in the middle of nothing, refly and gonna start to <STRIKE>cry</STRIKE> complaing because 'the rules don't allow this' if my pursuiter shoot me". Simple ridiculous to me.
It is ridiculous.
If, on realistic server, you are not allowed to do what they legally did in WW2 then I guess it's time to change the server.

Check out this track.
http://www.esnips.com/doc/48f1...oor153_4ea_zvw_408mm (http://www.esnips.com/doc/48f19ed3-985d-4996-b879-ebf55a69882c/dkoor153_4ea_zvw_408mm)

Observe the Ki-27 guy who entered the fight along with Ki-43 vs me and after they both lost he made ran for his airfield.
Due to fuel shortage he decided to land near his own airfield.
I decided not to strafe him anymore because the expected course of action after landing is either "CTRL+E" or "Refly".
He did neither, and on top of that he just sit there waited for me to land on my field and deprive me of legally earned 100pts.

Well strafing on servers is mainly for people like him and if server has the rules to protect monkeys like him then I'd move along.
Luckily Zeke v Wildcat is not on of those servers (at least didn't used to be).

Wildnoob
10-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Ah folks, sorry for my bady grammar. I wrote a lot of wrong sentences here and cannot correct them now.

Usually my English is already horrible and because the subject of this tread attracted the opinions of many members I wrote very fast to try cover it all. So it stay even worse.

JtD
10-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Is it possible that you're taking this incident a bit too serious? It simply might be a case where the admin perceived the situation differently. Might be best to ask him about it. The server you've been playing at has a website, maybe you can go there?

They also have a teamspeak server, maybe you join there, have a little chat (no worries, even if your spoken English is only half as good as your written English) and make yourself and the admin feel a lot better?

Wildnoob
10-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by JtD:
Is it possible that you're taking this incident a bit too serious? It simply might be a case where the admin perceived the situation differently. Might be best to ask him about it. The server you've been playing at has a website, maybe you can go there?

They also have a teamspeak server, maybe you join there, have a little chat (no worries, even if your spoken English is only half as good as your written English) and make yourself and the admin feel a lot better?

No, ok, I start this tread with this happening I've experience, but it is not specific about it. No way. Just a reference to this kind of situation. We already talk about some different related subjects here.

M_Gunz
10-18-2009, 12:52 AM
I can see no vulching airbases -if- the map isn't running a lot of AAA to help keep lag down,
but landing in the middle of nowhere isn't at an airbase.

In historic I was watching a video and the pilot who shot one plane down was asking why an undamaged plane put the gear
down just before he shot it down. He thought maybe it was damaged gear but not for a moment did he think don't shoot.

RSS-Martin
10-18-2009, 12:59 AM
It is sort of odd, if people are so worried about this happening, why donīt they put up more flak around their bases and the problem is solved?
The usual argument ist that too much flak will slow the game down.... I know of one or two servers where the enemy bases are heavy with flak and no problems at all. Although I enjoy reading about "vulching" when as a bomber pilot I bomb a base or a aircraft carrier from over 6000m height, that is always worth a smirk.
As to guarding a base, that will never happen on servers where there are only lone fliers, that is more of a team thing.

Only real thing one can do is choose servers that have a realistic approach to the game, and leave the ones that go at it in a odd way. Is more enjoyable so and less straining on the nerves! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Wildnoob
10-18-2009, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by M_Gunz:
In historic I was watching a video and the pilot who shot one plane down was asking why an undamaged plane put the gear
down just before he shot it down. He thought maybe it was damaged gear but not for a moment did he think don't shoot.

Yeah, I already read something about due to damage the hydraulic system somehow lower the gear.

I need to learn a little of aircraft meachanic, because don't have any idea of why this happens.

HetzerII
10-18-2009, 01:25 AM
OK i want to get back to the point that this is only a game. Sure it is. But its a game with a given goal. The side which first kills x-nubmers off enemy planes or pilots will win. So its pointless to say its forbitten, its the goal off the game. Thats like playing soccer and say its forbitten to make goals.

And people realy use this kind off madness, first they fight you and than when things get hot for them they run away and cry that its forbitten to shot enemy planes near homebases...

What a piece of garbage.

I always tell the admins: GO and kick me, i will be back in 2 minutes with a new IP and Name.

csThor
10-18-2009, 01:44 AM
The term "historical" ended about there where he attacked an enemy airfield alone and got away with it. It's all a game and certain compromises have to be made so I would rather not waste ammo on an aircraft which has gone down away from an airfield - regardless whether it's counted as lost for the other side or not.

Points are pointless (hehe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif ) ... they mean diddly-squat. The only thing that has any value is your virtual life and protecting that would have been the only strategy worth following. And if the kiddie did misuse his admin status ... so what? Is it really worth getting worked up for that?

doraemil
10-18-2009, 02:06 AM
0. Wait until you've been kicked for BnZ or trying to climb for altitude above. Now that will really test your patience.

1. Wildnoob, if those are the rules you posted it was fair game and you were within the rules.

2. Good Admins and Bad Admins, you ran into a bad admin. Just treat 'em like you want to be treated, show some respect (even they don't deserve it) and let it go.

3. You can also leave for a time and come back later.

4. Yeah instead of points I'm trying to improve my flight skillz

5. I wish they'd allow vulching / strafing. No matter what. It's up to your side to protect your own airbase if there is only one, and its up to you to switch air fields if you can't take off due to strafing or bombing.

And if one side happens to have really good coordination and skilled pilots that keep up the strafe pressure on single airbase maps, well eventually people will stop trying and go to another server, and after time it will balance itself out.

In war anything goes. In simulated game war, anything goes. Well the only thing is if someone uses mods to cheat with giving their a/c something it shouldn't have.

Like someone else said, if they don't want to shoot, go play MS flight simulator.

JtD
10-18-2009, 04:07 AM
I find it annoying how so many of you judge the admin, label him, over a single incident, without even knowing his point of view.

Whirlin_merlin
10-18-2009, 05:01 AM
This may be unwise but I'll wade in.

The server in question is one of ours, we have the no vulching rule as it encourages the type of play we want on our servers. Which is play based around the map objectives, some very talented people build our maps, each has set objectives. We encourage play to centre around the attack and defence of these objectives. Our servers are a good place to see players get co-ordinated, we are trying to avoid the 'free for all round the base' effect.

If that doesn't fit with what you want then fine there are a lot of choices out there.

As to the incident you refer to, I have no knowledge of it, so I can not make comment. However I would like to point out that we are only getting one side of the story here, and in the heat of play perceptions can get confused and mistakes can be made.

Being an admin really is a thankless task, if you get it 100% right no one notices.
It is also worth noting that our servers only exist because of the admins, they are the ones who pay (the majority of the costs) for them.

Erkki_M
10-18-2009, 05:08 AM

If their gear and prop don't get damaged it account as "lands on the field".

Thats what it says in the chat, but every aircraft disconnecting from game/bailing out and hitting refly/ditching outside of airfields will be counted as a lost one in the scripts.

That depends on the situation. As was saied previously, I don't do this all the time because this reason.

But depending after you finish the enemy and the area is clear or you have an oportunity, I don't see any reason to not destroy the enemy plane.

There are undeless pilot's report's of this kind of action. Rigth now I remember a part of Bud Anderson's book were his squadron, after finish some enemy figthers on deck, found an He-111 flying in the area. They shoot him, he forced landed and they strafe the aircraft to destroy it.

Never think I'm going to strafe a plane in an area full of enemy planes.

If the situation is favorable and allow me I do it. Otherwise not. Simple.

Your own survival should always be the priority, mission only second. If mission cannot be achieved with acceptable chance of survival, change it.

trashcanUK
10-18-2009, 05:31 AM
Very well put Whirlin.
The class response to this situation would have been to make 2 or 3 inverted low level fly-bys, politely ask him to hit refly and then take the matter up with the admin in question via pm at the hosts forum.
For the record I don't know who the admin was but he is one of the people who pay their money and give up their time to run the servers for others to enjoy.

M_Gunz
10-18-2009, 08:27 AM
It is sort of odd, if people are so worried about this happening, why donīt they put up more flak around their bases and the problem is solved?
The usual argument ist that too much flak will slow the game down.... I know of one or two servers where the enemy bases are heavy with flak and no problems at all.

Not all servers are created equal. Especially servers that the host is also playing on.

M_Gunz
10-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by trashcanUK:
For the record I don't know who the admin was but he is one of the people who pay their money and give up their time to run the servers for others to enjoy.

Obviously the one who is running the server is also running on it and enjoying himself as well. Classic setup, the kid
who brings the ball gets to be the pitcher/quarterback and referee at the same time. Would he pay any less for his PC
and connect to play on someone else's server? I never did.

DKoor
10-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Very well put Whirlin.
The class response to this situation would have been to make 2 or 3 inverted low level fly-bys, politely ask him to hit refly and then take the matter up with the admin in question via pm at the hosts forum.
Two points here...
While I generally agree with you on both your accounts it must be noted that;
1-By the time you make two three passes above your victim you are likely to become prey of his buddies. On most realistic servers it is more than likely that you'll bite the dirt near him.
2-The server owner is paying part... yes but that generally doesn't allows him to belittle and in some extreme cases bully his visitors.
I've seen and experienced all kind of behavior on servers both from visitors and server owners/admins/mods. And I'm not really one of those types that make troubles.
Give respect, get respect is the winning formula.

RSS-Martin
10-18-2009, 08:55 AM
I am well aware of that, but since others do manage, it means the problem is then the map makers and not that it is not possible.
As that excuse has been brought up so often that flak slows down the game, just read the post from Whirlin he says so himself. On the other hand thinking of servers like 101 missions anyone crazy enough to go near a enemy base that is not a target will get blown out of the sky by massive flak, no lags or anything there. So that argument is lame. It has nothing to do with the flak as such, but with how the map is made. So in so far you are right not all servers are equal, but thats it. It is possible to protect bases that are not targets or even places that are targets with flak with out any problems to playabilty.
Here an example of being hit by flak at over 5000m height during a online game:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/Flaktreffer.gif
approaching a enemy base at over 6000m and the flak is barking:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/Mission031107-3.gif
on the other hand this looney server, where a friend of mine and myself attacked a carrier also at over 6000m we got after a successful bomb run this message:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/bild5wa5.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/bild3au4.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/bild2mc3.jpg

something like that is a pure turn off especially for bomber pilots who sometimes fly over 30min till they reach the target.
Servers that do stuff like that can forget missions where bombers are needed to win the map if stuff like that happens.

Here the result of a unprotected airbase four cluster bombs hit home.
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/bild8as3.jpg

Whirlin_merlin
10-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by DKoor:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by trashcanUK:

2-The server owner is paying part... yes but that generally doesn't allows him to belittle and in some extreme cases bully his visitors.
I've seen and experienced all kind of behavior on servers both from visitors and server owners/admins/mods. And I'm not really one of those types that make troubles.

Looks a little like you are jumping from A straight to Z there DKoor. Don't forget this all started with one guy giving one side to one incident.

@ RSS-Martin, gosh I wish I knew as much about everything as you do, it must be nice.

RSS-Martin
10-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Well the screen shots show it is possible, if that is "knowing too much" not my problem! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Maybe people like quality maps more? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Whirlin_merlin
10-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Well the screen shots show it is possible, if that is "knowing too much" not my problem! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Maybe people like quality maps more? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

It was more a response to the 'lame' comment. As to your quality maps comment, well I suspect you can't be well acquainted with ours, as they are well known for quality. The bases are protected with AAA (lots of it), it's not although we've left them unguarded. However there will always be compromises between AAA and performance.

With all of this business the general rule should be I you don't like a server for it's rules, maps, admins or whatever then find one you do like. There is a lot of choice out there.

trashcanUK
10-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Posted Sun October 18 2009 07:40 Hide Post

quote:
Very well put Whirlin.

Two points here...
While I generally agree with you on both your accounts it must be noted that;
1-By the time you make two three passes above your victim you are likely to become prey of his buddies. On most realistic servers it is more than likely that you'll bite the dirt near him.

1. The inverted fly-by was not a serious suggestion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Contacting the admin or BFs directly would imho have been a better way for the OP to pursue his complaint.
2. I totally agree all players deserve respect. I've regularily flown on UKDedicated servers for a long time and am an admin. I don't recognise this behaviour from any of my fellow admins however we do make mistakes and are human but are grown ups and will happily admit fault and apologise when in the wrong.

I would hate for anyone venturing online to think that UKDedicated servers are run by a bunch of egotistical maniacs. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Whirlin_merlin
10-18-2009, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE]

I would hate for anyone venturing online to think that UKDedicated servers are run by a bunch of egotistical maniacs. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Quite true we have a rota, you're up next week to be the bad admin T'canman.

RSS-Martin
10-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Ah so we finally know which server you fellows represent. Lame I said for the reason, because so many have repeated and repeated that argument, that flak slows the game down. After years of hearing it I might be a bit impatient.
Yes you are right the UK-Dedicated servers are ones I hardly know as I donīt like the settings I see on hyperlobby. I am no friend of external views and other nick nacks.

Wildnoob
10-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Whirlin_merlin, ok, you are rigth.

We have to be impartial here. Unfortenetely I didn't want the server's name was mentioned. Wish I could had clarify this just by contact the admins and not post that SC of the server rule which reveals it.

They are humans, sure, they can commite wrongs, this speaking in general not my case. But despite his view, I think he could had been be more educated then already direct the first words in my regard to wat happened and that happened for the first time with a intimidation saying "Do you want get kicked?".

The admins are very nice, they are generally very respectful to players, asking them to please change markings, etc.

But merlin, I'd like to apologize for the accusations. Was something between me and a moderator. But since the start of the tread I let this clear.

I gonna edit my initial post to clarify this.

It was a critizen about this kind of behavior and related ones in historical accurate online games to take advantage of the rules and not get shoot, which we already see it is not so uncommon.

Altough just an example and now it was revelead the server see his side of the story would be vital. And anyway would be. But was not intended to trashed the server, just talk about this kind of behavior in general, it just start as a reference. Please, maybe be impossible now but try see the things that way.

M_Gunz
10-18-2009, 11:57 AM
I've hosted before where 6 planes over 1 airfield with 4 AA guns blasting away brought the lag up something wicked.
What happens on some other server changes that not one bit, which is what "not created equal" is saying.
Please THINK before saying it is BS, it is not. Between CPU, memory, connection, AI and players is a very wide field
to blanket over with one plane at 5000m or any other "it happened on this server I show so there is no problem!" kind
of "proof". All that proves is SOME servers can do what you show.

If you only know of houses painted white it does not prove there are none painted blue.

RSS-Martin
10-18-2009, 12:02 PM
You got that wrong, I never said it was BS. I just said it is possible to have flak working and still have a playable server. As it was coming over as that where not possible. That is all I wanted to point out, that it is possible.

So your bit about the houses does not fit really.
I am just saying where there is a will there is a way. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

JtD
10-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Ah so we finally know which server you fellows represent. Lame I said for the reason, because so many have repeated and repeated that argument, that flak slows the game down. After years of hearing it I might be a bit impatient.
Yes you are right the UK-Dedicated servers are ones I hardly know as I donīt like the settings I see on hyperlobby. I am no friend of external views and other nick nacks.

Not all UKD servers have externals on.

Whirlin_merlin
10-18-2009, 12:31 PM

But merlin, I'd like to apologize for the accusations. Was something between me and a moderator. But since the start of the tread I let this clear.

Wild I'm cool with you, you can always PM the admin involved at out forum www.battle-fields.com (http://www.battle-fields.com)

Also sorry if it seems we all jumped on you, we do get protective of each other.

Whirlin_merlin
10-18-2009, 12:33 PM
You got that wrong, I never said it was BS. I just said it is possible to have flak working and still have a playable server. As it was coming over as that where not possible. That is all I wanted to point out, that it is possible.

I'll clarify we do protect our bases with flak, but flak can cause lag issues therefore it is often a compromise.

Unknown-Pilot
10-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Heavy Flak rules. This stuff about "lag" is utter BS, computers and connections are too fast these days. Nevermind that even if it WERE true, just stay away from the airfield, and... isn't that the point of flak afterall?

Secondly, No Vulching rules are for wussies and lamers. A good map will have multiple bases per side, and enough flak to make a vulcher earn his prize.

For the anti-vulchers, they have cremes you can rub on your panuch if it hurts, seriously. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

M_Gunz
10-18-2009, 01:42 PM
I see the unknown troll goes for the big bait.

Whirlin_merlin
10-18-2009, 01:45 PM

He's good... almost too good.

Unknown-Pilot
10-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Whirlin_merlin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:

He's good... almost too good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No trolling, just straight facts. Straight facts with NO pulled punches or sugar coating.

Xiolablu3
10-18-2009, 02:16 PM
I know for a fact that Ukded map makers test their maps thoroughly, so I am 100% sure they know what happens on low end and high end PC's. They get a LOT of feedback from players on how the maps run...The Ukded community contains a lot of well known posters on this forum, who know a LOT about the sim.

See the map making forum for Ukded2 for example,

http://www.battle-fields.com/c...er=desc&daysprune=-1 (http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=70&page=1&pp=40&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1)

There is also one for Ukded1, and Ukded3.

See how much effort and thought is put into the map making here for example with Dieppe :-

http://www.battle-fields.com/c...owthread.php?t=16268 (http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?t=16268)

Like others have said, if you dont like the rules, fly another server.

tomco1965
10-19-2009, 10:09 AM

I personally know a WWII Mustang pilot who dropped out of his escort formation, descended on a german airbase in FRANCE and strafed three 109s getting ready to take off, then he made a second pass and exploded a fuel tanker before returning safely to his base in England......

I fully agree with WildNoob's complaint's about the admins on servers distorting history with their ego-centric activities.

If a server has an admin like that, then it is too bad, but it is just not worth flying there.

One server with the less BS than most is WarClouds. Their only concession is close-range icons, which I do not like, but they are close enough that they are the lesser of two evils.

The worst server is Spits_vs_109s, which despite claiming to be a historical server, states right in it's briefs that you will be kicked or banned for attacking enemy airfields, and in fact I was kicked from it for shooting down an enemy aircraft just over his front line because he happened to be a squad-mate of the server administrator....yes, I have track.

The servers that are run out of Europe and Russia are usually very good as far as having a lack of BS.

There was chivalry in WWII for sure, but it was always at the discretion of individual pilots, and it was much less likely to be found later in the war and on the eastern front that in the early Channel conflict or early Pacific theatre.

Wildnoob
10-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by tomco1965:
I personally know a WWII Mustang pilot who dropped out of his escort formation, descended on a german airbase in FRANCE and strafed three 109s getting ready to take off, then he made a second pass and exploded a fuel tanker before returning safely to his base in England......

Oh, that's for sure buddy, nobody is saying the airfields with AAA make's them impenetrable.

But you know isn't exactly that easy thing (escape without hits or even get shoot down) make a strafe run in a airfield - but can happens, that's for sure, especially if you are attacking it in large numbers to spread the AAA fire.

The USAAF for example, has took some serious losses by doing this. Altougth in many cases it was due to the P-51 goes down by a non critical damage to the aircraft capability of stay in the air but just a minor hit in the radiator.

Strafe airfields was a common practic, but logic there are it's risks to face AAA positioned strategically all over it.

Another problem regarded to RL and vulchers is that in RL you shoot what the airfield have and go away - as in a RL airfield there's not respaw of aircraft. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

RSS-Martin
10-19-2009, 11:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSS-Martin:

I fully agree with WildNoob's complaint's about the admins on servers distorting history with their ego-centric activities.

If a server has an admin like that, then it is too bad, but it is just not worth flying there.

One server with the less BS than most is WarClouds. Their only concession is close-range icons, which I do not like, but they are close enough that they are the lesser of two evils.

The worst server is Spits_vs_109s, which despite claiming to be a historical server, states right in it's briefs that you will be kicked or banned for attacking enemy airfields, and in fact I was kicked from it for shooting down an enemy aircraft just over his front line because he happened to be a squad-mate of the server administrator....yes, I have track.

The servers that are run out of Europe and Russia are usually very good as far as having a lack of BS.

There was chivalry in WWII for sure, but it was always at the discretion of individual pilots, and it was much less likely to be found later in the war and on the eastern front that in the early Channel conflict or early Pacific theatre. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know also of a few cases like "Operation Bodenplatte" where a lot of allied planes where knock out on the ground. But it is risky attacking airfields as there are anti aircraft guns. My screen shots show also attacks on airfields, they where possible, but at a rather high risk. On the other hand there are servers that have no flak or next to none, and that is where you get your perchers who just wait for someone to spawn or a lame wounded duck to come in. A frontline airfield with no protection is fictional, as at the very least there would be machine guns and light cannons for basic protection.
I have no problems with attacks on airfields, but I do have a problem with perchers. Yes I am no fan of "No-vulching" rules as war was not played as a game. If this so called vulching is too easy then it is in most cases due to the map maker. There are servers on hyperlobby that have plenty of flak, barrage ballons and flak that reaches above 10000m, just because for some reason some can not manage to do that too, I donīt find that those that can, are doing something wrong.
It sort of like going to a car dealer buying the standard no frills version, or the version with all the creature comforts you can get.

Xiolablu3
10-19-2009, 01:05 PM

The server does not have an 'admin like that' he was simply upholding the rules, geez... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Manu-6S
10-19-2009, 01:13 PM

No track needed.. I believe you... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

robtek1957
10-19-2009, 01:19 PM
@Xiolablu3

no, he wasn't.
The rules were posted and were not broken according to the screenshot!

Xiolablu3
10-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by robtek1957:
@Xiolablu3

no, he wasn't.
The rules were posted and were not broken according to the screenshot!

Sorry, I stand corrected.

But really, if you have ever flown with the Ukdedicated crowd, what he did was not in the spirit of the server.

The only real reason for strafing a ditched plane is if he has been sat on the ground for ages rather than hit 'refly', IMHO.

Even if a plane crash lands in a field, the enemy still loses a plane IIRC?

I guess I am just a bit protective of UKded servers as I have had some fantastic battles/missions there. SOme of my best IL2 moments where thanks to their well crafted missions and great comaradery...

na85
10-19-2009, 02:35 PM

Sorry, I stand corrected.

But really, if you have ever flown with the Ukdedicated crowd, what he did was not in the spirit of the server.

The only real reason for strafing a ditched plane is if he has been sat on the ground for ages rather than hit 'refly', IMHO.

Even if a plane crash lands in a field, the enemy still loses a plane IIRC?

So what if it's against the "spirit of the server"

Are we banning people because they don't fit in now?

Omnibus idem.

M_Gunz
10-19-2009, 02:50 PM
When SOW:BoB comes out they will have to make a special rule of no vulching German airfields only.
At least IIRC the Brits did not conduct daylight airfield attacks on the Germans during the BoB.

JtD
10-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by na85:
So what if it's against the "spirit of the server"

Are we banning people because they don't fit in now?

I think you lost track of the whole thing. No one got banned. But facts don't always matter, I know that by now.

Wildnoob
10-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Ok, I'll let the things clear here:

I just have confirmation it was simple a accident. The server in which it happen is no way like that, it is excellent and has excellent admins.

I don't know, maybe the guy was annoyed with the fact or by another external issue. I don't know.

The fact is, he is human and things like that can happen.

And personally, I'm really not a example of a calm person. Already lost account the numbers of times I lost my patient for stupid things recently.

The fact is, can happen with every person. Maybe the guy was annoyed with my action, or another external problem. I don't know. Simple can happen.

What I thougth is it was a server rule, because I talk to him after the fact and he states clearly my act was "against the rules".

So, I create this topic based on the happening to show a critical opinion about take advantage of rules by it and related ones like running to the base after things get hot using the argument that: "the rules say there my enemy can't shoot". Altougth what happened with me was a accident, still can be used as example due to happen seriously.

I have total respect for the servers who adopt it - But we can disagree with them in a discuss, as was already did several times with the B&Z ban question - even if "You don't need to play in a server if don't accept the rules" like many people always say in this kind of tread. A critizen view about flaws players can take advantage by this kind of rule was my only intention. A rules policy critizen.

Well, finally just would ask the members to please try not touch the UK-Dedicated server regarded to this rules subject critizen anymore. I'm damm sad the server's name was revelead anyway. My apologies again for the server and the admin if he is seeing this tread or anyone more know him.

Waldo.Pepper
10-19-2009, 06:06 PM
And personally, I'm really not a example of a calm person. Already lost account the numbers of times I lost my patient for stupid things recently.

A least you didn't yell (at the top of your lungs) at your mother in law and call her a selfish 'b' word.

M_Gunz
10-19-2009, 07:00 PM
You can look at it this way perhaps Wildnoob -- at least your English is improving and that's no game!

DKoor
10-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Manu-6S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomco1965:

No track needed.. I believe you... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This seems to correspond with what I *heard* about that server.
Good voice travels long time, bad gossip even further...
No pun intended of course.

jermin122
10-20-2009, 12:04 AM
In fact, the admins of most highly populated servers on HL tend to abuse their privileges a lot. They don't understand that it is us players that have made their servers popular. In those servers, if you shoot down the admins even only once, they will always find something on your side to complain about, such as you have lag spikes, your ping is too high. Some admins will immediately kick you from the server without any warning if you knock him down easily, like blowing them up. When you and your squadmates teamwork to control the air arround the enemy airfield where the admins and his friend respawn, they will find a reason to ban all your squad.

So, my advice is if you want to fly on these servers, the best choice is to donate some money to them, they won't dare enough to kick out or at least threat to kick out a donator. The second choice is to acquaint youself with the callsigns of the admins and their friends before take-off. Do not shoot them down constantly. If you accidently do, say sorry to them. You may want to do this fast, before they kick you out. But what I have seen is that most players chose to leave such servers and fly elsewhere. This may well explain why an once most notorious server has fell down to begging their players for money to keep the server open.

RSS-Martin
10-20-2009, 12:15 AM
That sounds almost like a Red Orchestra server.
They usually only have bots, and if someone is silly enough to go onto that server, and hit a member of that server crew, it is a instant ban, no matter if the player followed the rules.

Whirlin_merlin
10-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Ok, I'll let the things clear here:

I just have confirmation it was simple a accident. The server in which it happen is no way like that, it is excellent and has excellent admins.

Thanks for saying that.

Whirlin_merlin
10-20-2009, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by jermin122:
In fact, the admins of most highly populated servers on HL tend to abuse their privileges a lot.

I've played on all sorts of servers (with all sorts of nicks), and I can honestly say I've not experienced this.
I've only ever been threatened with a kick once, that was on our server when I was drunk, grumpy, flying under a different name and I deserved it. That is it, in about four years of online play.

jermin122
10-20-2009, 12:39 AM
The servers I have played on at that time (arround 2006) are all full real or almost full real servers. I never played on arcade servers with open cockpit and external view allowed. That may be why you have no clues about what I said.

DKoor
10-20-2009, 12:45 AM
The servers I have played on at that time (arround 2006) are all full real or almost full real servers. I never played on arcade servers with open cockpit and external view allowed. That may be why you have no clues about what I said. I doubt even that is a reason... I tend to think that he didn't played that much online, or was just plain lucky or something else.

I play on various server settings and TBH mods/aminds on some particular arcadish servers tended to be even more abusive on their ruling.

Whirlin_merlin
10-20-2009, 01:17 AM
Gosh I've missed this place.

jermin122, I honestly told you of my experience, and yes I said all sorts of servers not just 'arcade' servers, from 'full switch' to 'wonder woman'. Seeing how quick you where to make it personal with your snide dismissive comment, well I can't possibly see why you might get in trouble.

DKoor, yes that must be it! Please try telling my wife I didn't play much online. All I did was tell my experience, it doesn't line up with others here, does that mean I'm saying they are lying or plain wrong? No, of course not, just that we've had different experiences. Mind you, you could be right maybe I was 'just plain lucky' you also say 'something else' well when I see responses like jermin122s above I think that might well be the case.

To put this in perspective before it goes too silly, I'm sure there are 'bad' admins out there abusing their 'power' etc but I think this thread has got disproportionate. That is all I'm trying to say.

DKoor
10-20-2009, 01:51 AM
Mate I've been kicked for nothing.
I'm really the type of guy that doesn't disobey the rules nor anyone will complain that I use foul language or somehting that could put someone else in a discomfort position without reason.

I've seen people get kicked for no reason too.
It is very annoying, jeepers we aren't some children or teenagers that will allow some idiot with some silly power over our gaming to spoil our free time. I've said it, and I'll say it again... if one doesn't give respect he wont receive it... it is simple as that and we all know that.

BTW maybe you've been kicked too but you simple didn't paid enough attention to your server disconnection?
When I'm disconnected with action other than mine, I look at missionlog.txt (or whatever you named it) and look for a line "Dkoor has been kicked by XY" or something like that (can't recall exactly, but it will show). That will show you for sure whether you've been kicked or not.
As most of the times they'll kick you and say nothing.

I can PM you a track with one such event so see for yourself... don't want to drag it around here.

Whirlin_merlin
10-20-2009, 02:15 AM
Mate I've been kicked for nothing.
I'm really the type of guy that doesn't disobey the rules nor anyone will complain that I use foul language or somehting that could put someone else in a discomfort position without reason.

I've seen people get kicked for no reason too.
It is very annoying, jeepers we aren't some children or teenagers that will allow some idiot with some silly power over our gaming to spoil our free time. I've said it, and I'll say it again... if one doesn't give respect he wont receive it... it is simple as that and we all know that.

BTW maybe you've been kicked too but you simple didn't paid enough attention to your server disconnection?
When I'm disconnected with action other than mine, I look at missionlog.txt (or whatever you named it) and look for a line "Dkoor has been kicked by XY" or something like that (can't recall exactly, but it will show). That will show you for sure whether you've been kicked or not.
As most of the times they'll kick you and say nothing.

I can PM you a track with one such event so see for yourself... don't want to drag it around here.

Fair enough, that's your experience. I've never suggested other wise, so why can't you except that I've had different experiences. Even in this resopnse we get,

"BTW maybe you've been kicked too but you simple didn't paid enough attention to your server disconnection?"

Which could be interpreted in certain ways that I shall choose not to.

The only reason I've got dragged in to this current 'debate' is that I feel this thread was giving an unbalanced and distorted view of the online il2 experience.

So I gave my experience, now I do have to qualify, these days I mainly play on our servers and mainly with my admin tags so sure I'm going to see a different world (mainly but not exclusively). But to read some of the comments here one could almost get the impression that every server is full of overexcited teenage youths kicking left right and centre for no reason, I don't believe that is the case. Although I'm sure there are exceptions.

DKoor
10-20-2009, 02:49 AM
What I only fail to understand is the hostile tone.

I don't know what else to write, I'm under impression that if write "there is raining outside" someone here will create some nice... interpretation of my words. It happens all the time.

Jesus people.

Whirlin_merlin
10-20-2009, 03:02 AM
What I only fail to understand is the hostile tone.

I don't know what else to write, I'm under impression that if write "there is raining outside" someone here will create some nice... interpretation of my words. It happens all the time.

Jesus people.

Hostile tone? Maybe I'm just being a sensitive little flower but in this thread my arguments have been called lame, I've been described as clueless, you yourself have simply been dismissive with 'I tend to think that he didn't played that much online' and 'you simple didn't paid enough attention'. All in all think I've taken things in fair humour TBH. But no, hostile you say.

And who are these Jesus people of which you speak? Are they half Jesus and half people? If so which halves? And most importantly, do they ride on bicycles?

RSS-Martin
10-20-2009, 03:15 AM
Maybe you should read your posts through and give it some thought, if they are good PR to get people onto your server?
Yes I said lame, as you made ist sound like what I mentioned was possible on other servers, where impossible. In my eyes that is just blocking and not taking into account what people write.
So thinking of your last little out burst about "Jesus-people" you get the impression you fellows know it all, and everyone else is just too stupid to get that?

Not that that is anything new in the Zoo, but at least I imagine you are hoping people will visit your servers? Do you think they will come when they read your posts the way they have been writen? Give that a thought!

Whirlin_merlin
10-20-2009, 03:24 AM
'Yes I said lame, as you made ist sound like what I mentioned was possible on other servers, where impossible.'

Well that's not what I wanted to say, my point was that there can be issues so it's often a compromise, nothing more.

'So thinking of your last little out burst about "Jesus-people" you get the impression you fellows know it all, and everyone else is just too stupid to get that?'

You just made me do the face-palm, that wasn't an outburst it was meant to lighten the tone a bit as things seemed to be getting rather heavy.

BTW The server I mainly use UK2 tends to be full most of the time I play there, often I cant get in at first, so I wasn't really attempting any PR to raise the numbers.

RSS-Martin
10-20-2009, 03:38 AM
Well may be there where some misunderstandings.
I would leave it at that.

Manu-6S
10-20-2009, 04:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Manu-6S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomco1965:

No track needed.. I believe you... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This seems to correspond with what I *heard* about that server.
Good voice travels long time, bad gossip even further...
No pun intended of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) 6S.Evil (Ace of the squadron) kicked after killing an admin...
2) 6S.Drigo... the same; strangly I had never been kicked even downing the admins more than once (many times http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif).. maybe because I had more than 100 hours on that server during that season.
3) Me kicked after I've called the admin lamer: I was in a dogfight in a 190A8 knowing that mission was to end in 1 minute, so I was turning tight (I never do that) to reach firing solution against a SpitfireIX (admin)... he extended the mission time to kill me... so I extended and playing within clouds finally I de-winged him... he stopped the mission then he was at 20m from crashing... just to not give me the kill (recored in stats).
4) Some days after I enter in the server and saw a Spit9 (25lbs?) following and spraying a 190 a 200m of altitude. I go on his six, closing him when he disconnected (listening my engine, damned sound radar) and after some minutes an admin tried to kick me again but he could not write my name in the right way (something like "6S.Manu can't be kicked" appeared more then once)
5) The admin was used to disconnect after been killed... probably to use a bug in the stats system...
6) A lot of pilots I know were kicked for the same reasons... (killing admins)
7) The LAST and the more important: the Sesto Stormo listened the first rumors about MODs, with evidence... Drigo alerted the admin (GR) of the danger and advising him to set CRT on 2 because one of OUR guys tried to enter he game with a modded plane ad was succesfull in doing that (he was testing the security of the server). We were really scared about IL2's future. The admin responded threatening him to ban our squad from his one and to spread the rumor on all the other servers...

Do you know who was that guy who tested the Mod on the server? 6S.Maraz.. who's now one of the Daidalos Team.

Some my young teammates are still flying in that server... I can't fly like I was used to (no time and physical problems, I'm seriously losing my sight and after 9 hours as software developer I can't stand other hours looking for dots) and so I can't rebuke them and take them on UKDed3... they love bombers and warclouds in more an airquake server for them.

Xiolablu3
10-20-2009, 05:56 AM
I think what sometimes confuses new people about UKded servers is that if you pick an aircraft with a restricted loadout, you get around 20 seconds to refly before you are kicked.

This is included so that more variety on the maps can be used, Mk108's can be locked an so the Me110 can be used in 1942/43 for example.

It really doesnt take long to get used to, but if someone isnt watching the chat bar when they get the warning, then they may **think** they have been kicked by an admin.

M_Gunz
10-20-2009, 07:25 AM
I'm seriously losing my sight and after 9 hours as software developer I can't stand other hours looking for dots)

OUCH! I feel that even here! You are seeing an eye doctor or at least a good (not 1-hour glasses mill type) optometrist?

Manu-6S
10-20-2009, 07:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Manu-6S:
I'm seriously losing my sight and after 9 hours as software developer I can't stand other hours looking for dots)

OUCH! I feel that even here! You are seeing an eye doctor or at least a good (not 1-hour glasses mill type) optometrist? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately I'm suffering from a genetic degenerative retina's disease, there is no treatment yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I'm losing my FoV on both the eyes: I lost the left eye 5 years ago... now the right one gives me some problem.

The funny thing, if there is one, this is an old people's disease (50-60 years)... I'm 31 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

DKoor
10-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Geez, we are coevals...
Sorry to hear that mate, hope they'll figure something out that will help you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Xiolablu3
10-20-2009, 08:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:

OUCH! I feel that even here! You are seeing an eye doctor or at least a good (not 1-hour glasses mill type) optometrist? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately I'm suffering from a genetic degenerative retina's disease, there is no treatment yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I'm losing my FoV on both the eyes: I lost the left eye 5 years ago... now the right one gives me some problem.

The funny thing, if there is one, this is an old people's disease (50-60 years)... I'm 31 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel for ya, mate.

My brother was born as my mother had German Measels and as such was partially deaf, blind in one eye and his retina on the other is barely attached.

He is living with the constant fear of blindness too. A bad knock on the head or just old age could see it detach altogther. Hope you can get it sorted. There is certainly hope with stem cells.

JtD
10-20-2009, 09:11 AM

The funny thing, if there is one, this is an old people's disease (50-60 years)... I'm 31 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Man, that sucks. All the best, hope you make it at least to old mans age of 41. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

RSS-Martin
10-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Sad to hear! Hope that there is some hope for you!
@JtD old mans age 41? I donīt feel like a old man even though I am beyond that age. http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/Comics/bag.gif http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/Comics/mx71.gif

Manu-6S
10-20-2009, 11:13 AM
My brother was born as my mother had German Measels and as such was partially deaf, blind in one eye and his retina on the other is barely attached.

He is living with the constant fear of blindness too. A bad knock on the head or just old age could see it detach altogther. Hope you can get it sorted. There is certainly hope with stem cells.

God bless your brother, Xiola.. even if personally I don't believe more in him.

Thanks everybody for the nice words. My hope is only on stem cells, even if it could be too late, at least nobody else will suffer this.

M_Gunz
10-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Keep some hope, medicine has been getting better and better in less than decade-long strides. Stem cells were not even
heard of not all that long ago by my reckoning but then the 70's doesn't seem like all that long ago either. What can
I say, I have good long-term memory. Hope you get out and see the wonders of nature and women as much as possible.

Woke_Up_Dead
10-20-2009, 02:44 PM
The servers I have played on at that time (arround 2006) are all full real or almost full real servers. I never played on arcade servers with open cockpit and external view allowed. That may be why you have no clues about what I said.

Are you sure about that? I shot down and later was shot down by a "Ducati" on Skies of Fire a few weeks ago.

As far as admins with a chip on their shoulder go, there is definitely a few around even though most of them are very cool-headed. If an admin is having a bad flying day, and he puts time and effort into a sortie to finally taste some success, and he's almost finished the sortie when you enter a gray-zone in the rules to shoot him down, he might snarl at you a bit. If he doesn't kick or ban you then just shrug it off and smile knowing that you not only shot him down but ****ed him off too.

fabianfred
10-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Sad to hear! Hope that there is some hope for you!
@JtD old mans age 41? I donīt feel like a old man even though I am beyond that age. http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/Comics/bag.gif http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/Comics/mx71.gif

so at 57 am i not old...but ancient?
...they say you are as young...as the woman you feel......oops.... my wife is 25 years my junior
sorry to hear about people with bad sight problems....the most precious of our senses

jermin122
10-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Are you sure about that? I shot down and later was shot down by a "Ducati" on Skies of Fire a few weeks ago.

Yup, that was me. That is why I said I never played on arcade servers. I really hate to cope with those admins on that full real server, you know. Even when I flew on SoF or SoV, I never used external view or wonder woman view. But now, our squad has set up a dedicated server with CRT=2. If you guys have been fed up with those stupid admins and FM/DM/WM hackers, you will be welcomed to join our server. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

The server IP is 219.234.95.189. The game version is 4.09m. It is running ETO scenarios. You may need to change you OS language to Chinese (China) temporarily to join our server due to the CRT check. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

Forgot to add you can view your stats at stats.jgace.net

Metatron_123
10-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Whirlin_merlin:

And who are these Jesus people of which you speak? Are they half Jesus and half people? If so which halves? And most importantly, do they ride on bicycles?

I think they are the arch enemies of the Lizard People? They do ride bicycles, in fact the word on the street is that they can cycle on water...